to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
Guest BattlePriest

Founding The Kaa

Guest BattlePriest

I finally got around to taking pictures of my Kilted Loadout. Tonight after getting the pictures done.. I was talking to USMChris and together we came up with the name for a new group of airsofters.

The KAA or "Kilted Airsofters Alliance"

Presenting the new uniform of the KAA (Kilted Airsofters Alliance)

BP_KiltedLoadout01.jpg

BP_KiltedLoadout02.jpg

BP_KiltedLoadout03.jpg

BP_KiltedLoadout04.jpg

Bear in mind, you don't have to have an OD Original Utilikilt. They have kilts in many different colors of camoflage as well.

If you have a utilikilt, or ANY kilt.....and would play airsoft in it, post your picture of your Kilted loadout here.

The full loadout above consists of:

OD Original Utilikilt

German Flectarn Blouse

Black kilt hose

Bates jump boots

Propper OD boonie

Cotton black balaclava

Blackhawk Industries OMEGA vest in black.

Blackhawk Industries Hydrastorm Tsunami in black

Tac Force Fingerless Gloves

Wiley-X CQC goggle

Motorola Talkabout 5620

GB-Tech distraction device gas recharger

Western Arms Strayer Voight Infinity Expert 5"

Four 33 round Western Arms SVI magazines.

Guest BattlePriest
I guess its a unique Idea, but ewwww...

If you've ever worn a kilt... you wouldn't say that. No one can give kilt wearers a hard time until they've tried it. :a-laugh:

Guest Air_Nozzle

Inint a bih drafty up there?

At the rugby 7s the scotts all wear kilts and flash you when a point is scored. gross

Guest supportfire92

I'm mentally scarred for life now.....

reminds me of a German nun who's secretly a spec ops agent

Guest bonham21cent
I'm mentally scarred for life now.....

reminds me of a German nun who's secretly a spec ops agent

Sigged.

Anyway, I'd get rid of the flectarn... it's not exactly Scottish. Anyway, it's a cool idea.

Guest BattlePriest
Sigged.

Anyway, I'd get rid of the flectarn... it's not exactly Scottish. Anyway, it's a cool idea.

Yeah well, my OD BDU was too faded... it didn't look right. And my kilt isn't scottish either. Kilts are not ONLY from scotland. Ireland has had kilts for a long time. And even most US states have their own kilt tartans.

The Utilikilt is American Made.

Yeah well, my OD BDU was too faded... it didn't look right. And my kilt isn't scottish either. Kilts are not ONLY from scotland. Ireland has had kilts for a long time. And even most US states have their own kilt tartans.

The Utilikilt is American Made.

Actually kilts are Mesopotamian. When Romans ruled that area, they saw the Mesopotamians wearing kilts. The Romans took the idea and it spread north, eventually to the Scottish areas.

Haha I could pull this off being that I am descended from scottish royalty, and mostly irish :a-grin:

I would totally do this if I weren't the one paying for the kilt

Guest Naked_Snake

Okay...

Flectarn And a Kilt...Is there anything better then that? At Codname Thunder IV you should use that Loadout!

Guest TriChrome

I'll post this for my buddy Walking Wounded (who doesn't frequent this forum much).

DSC05672.jpg

Pwnd by MultiCam! ;)

That is the funniest junk EVER!

Guest BattlePriest
I'll post this for my buddy Walking Wounded (who doesn't frequent this forum much).

Pwnd by MultiCam! ;)

Sweet, Yeah the guys at Utilikit had... for a very short time, material for multicam and digital.

Guest djohnston

The wearing of the family tartan does have its practical advantages in the field. There are no blasted buttons to undo when nature calls. Summer events are more comfortable with flow-thru ventilation. The intimidation factor of being able to flaunt your enemy in the traditional Scottish manner is significant. Plus, blaring bagpipes from one direction could mask the sound of your charge from a different direction.

Suggested accessories for those interested in joining the KAA: kneepads (obvious reasons), additional camo makeup for white legs, camo underwear (unless you are going commando), a kilt pouch

If I ever get a kilt in the family tartan I may traumitize everyone with my loadout. :a-gross: I think it would make a suitable camo kilt.

tartan.jpg

Guest BattlePriest
The wearing of the family tartan does have its practical advantages in the field. There are no blasted buttons to undo when nature calls. Summer events are more comfortable with flow-thru ventilation. The intimidation factor of being able to flaunt your enemy in the traditional Scottish manner is significant. Plus, blaring bagpipes from one direction could mask the sound of your charge from a different direction.

Suggested accessories for those interested in joining the KAA: kneepads (obvious reasons), additional camo makeup for white legs, camo underwear (unless you are going commando), a kilt pouch

If I ever get a kilt in the family tartan I may traumitize everyone with my loadout. :a-gross: I think it would make a suitable camo kilt.

tartan.jpg

This is my family tartan:

ibuch_tara.jpg

Guest ninjaownsthenight

I have a nice kilt (custom made, yay!) because I play traditional music for scottish country dancers. Anyway, once I feel rich enough to play airsoft in a $350 wool kilt (which is Royal Stewart tartan. Look it up, it's bright red), I'll try. I think I'll take a pic of me in a wannabe scots guard loadout though. It'll look tight.

Props for this. I'm working on getting a utilikilt, so I may join this soon. :a-thumbsup:

Dam it all! There's not a St. Andrew's Cross flag smiley! We need to fix that... BP, you know your duty.

Guest BattlePriest
I have a nice kilt (custom made, yay!) because I play traditional music for scottish country dancers. Anyway, once I feel rich enough to play airsoft in a $350 wool kilt (which is Royal Stewart tartan. Look it up, it's bright red), I'll try. I think I'll take a pic of me in a wannabe scots guard loadout though. It'll look tight.

Props for this. I'm working on getting a utilikilt, so I may join this soon. :a-thumbsup:

Dam it all! There's not a St. Andrew's Cross flag smiley! We need to fix that... BP, you know your duty.

Hey thats cool. I do Scottish Country Dance just about twice a week. We almost always do it to recorded music though. Now the Irish Ceili and Set dance I've done to live music quite often.

I definitely would NOT play airsoft in my Tartan Kilt. I haven't ordred it yet, but the one I am going to have made is going to be well over 400 bucks. A 6-7 yard kilt. (I don't want nor need the whole 9 yards)

med_gallery_46_32308.jpg

'Nuff said.

So is that you then Wee Gee? If so... Excellent.

I just did a little research and I'm from the Duncan clan

I go as far back as this guy

Máel Coluim mac Domnaill (anglicised Malcolm I) (before 900–954) was king of Scots, becoming king when his cousin Causantín mac Áeda abdicated to become a monk. He was the son of Domnall mac Causantín.

In 945 Edmund of Wessex, having expelled Amlaíb Cuaran (Olaf Sihtricsson) from Northumbria, devastated Cumbria and blinded two sons of Domnall mac Eógain, king of Strathclyde. It is said that he then "let" or "commended" Strathclyde to Máel Coluim in return for an alliance.[1] What is to be understood by "let" or "commended" is unclear, but it may well mean that Máel Coluim had been the overlord of Strathclyde and that Edmund recognised this while taking lands in southern Cumbria for himself.[2]

The Chronicle of the Kings of Alba says that Máel Coluim took an army into Moray "and slew Cellach". Cellach is not named in the surviving genealogies of the rulers of Moray, and his identity is unknown.[3]

Máel Coluim appears to have kept his agreement with the late English king, which may have been renewed with the new king, Edmund having been murdered in 946 and succeeded by his brother Edred. Eric Bloodaxe took York in 948, before being driven out by Edred, and when Amlaíb Cuaran again took York in 949–950, Máel Coluim raided Northumbria as far south as the Tees taking "a multitude of people and many herds of cattle" according to the Chronicle.[4] The Annals of Ulster for 952 report a battle between "the men of Alba and the Britons [of Strathclyde] and the English" against the foreigners, I.e. the Northmen or the Norse-Gaels. This battle is not reported by the Anglo-Saxon Chronicle, and it is unclear whether it should be related to the expulsion of Amlaíb Cuaran from York or the return of Eric Bloodaxe.[5]

The Annals of Ulster report that Máel Coluim was killed in 954. Other sources place this most probably in the Mearns, either at Fetteresso following the Chronicle, or at Dunnottar following the Prophecy of Berchán. He was buried on Iona.[6] Máel Coluim's sons Dub and Cináed were later kings.

We look alike don't we

180px-Malcolm_I.jpg

1486914169_m.jpg

But they didn't have clan's back then so coming to more recent times...

So it looks I'm from Clan Duncan.

The name of the Clan Duncan is from the Gaelic Donnachaidh, meaning Brown Warrior, Dark Warrior or Fort Warrior.

Clan Duncan lands are in Atholl, the northern part of Perth and Kinross, and in Lundie in Fife, Scotland. The Clan motto is Disce Pati (Latin for 'learn to suffer').

The Clan Duncan is Celtic/Gaelic in origin. The Celtic clans were pushed out of Western Europe by the ancient Romans and settled in Ireland before settling in Scotland along with the Picts (the Britons were to the south).

The clan Tartan colors are black with one horizontal red stripe and two vertical silver/gray stripes about 2 inches apart [citation needed]. Some in the clan Duncan also use the Tartan of the Clan Robertson as the name Robertson (Gaelic Donnchadh Reamhar) derives from 'Fat Duncan'.

Duncan, Gaelic Donnchad, MG, (c.1520) Duncha, and in 1467 Gaelic genealogical manuscripts it appears in the genitive as Donnchaid. The early Irish form Donnchad seems to represent early Celtic Donno-catu-s 'Brown Warrior' from donn and cath. On an ogham stone at Glan Usk, near Crickhowell in Wales, the name occurs spelled Dunocatus, which points to 'Fort Warrior', from Dun (Fort) as the meaning of the name. The exact meaning is therefore uncertain.

Dunchad, eleventh abbot of Hii (Iona) died in 717. Duchad (Dunchad) abbot of Dunkeld, was killed in the battle of Dorsum Crup (Duncrub in Perthshire) in 965. Dunchad mac mec Bead mec Hidid gave the field called Achad-madchor to the abbey of Deer, and in the same record we have mention of "Donnachac mac Sithig toesech ceenni Morgainn" (Duncan Sithech's son, leader of the Clan Morgan.) Donnchad I, Earl of Fife was witness to King David I of Scotland's letter of protection to the clerics of Deer in 1150. Willelmus filius Dunecanus witnessed the gift of Swintun to Hemulf the Knight in 1135...

This is the Duncan clan badge duncan_badge.PNG

Here's our tartan duncan-leslie-wardis-tartan.gif

Well that's more of my history than I planed on learning today :a-laugh:

Edited by ThePwninator

I found my family crest but how do I find my tartan?

http://www.araltas.com/features/beatty/beattie.jpg

Edited by uscrocks29

Guest JerryAgent

I have red hair. My dad has red hair. My brother has red hair. My uncle used to have red hair. My grandma had red hair. My neice has red hair. My nephew has red hair. My grandma's mother had red hair.

Guess what?

I'm Norwegian and German! Well, 1/16 Irish, but the rest is Scandinavian. I found the town of my ancestors on Google Earth, in Norway. It's awesome.

On my mom's side, we are the Darrows. The Darrows have a history of being a lawyer/doctor/minister etc. In fact, on the original voyage of Christopher Columbus to the Americas a Darrow was with him too. I'm also related to a Supreme Court Justice.

But how do you guys find out your family tartan? My grandma's maiden name was O'Reilly... very Irish.

I found out what clan I was via Wikipedia and found the tartan via Google :a-grin:

I should've been more clear. Especially as there are other guys on this board who know both of us. That's not me in the pic. It's personal friend and teammate. That day I made a point of not being directly behind him climbing any steep hills.

I don't have any particularly good pictures of me seeing as I'm usually the guy behind the camera.

Edited by WeeGee

Guest djohnston
But how do you guys find out your family tartan? My grandma's maiden name was O'Reilly... very Irish.

Not every family will have a tartan. It is sad to be sure but the tartan is predominently a Scottish thing and even though some Irish clans have tartans that is not true in every case. I couldn't find a tartan for O'Reilly or Darrow. There may be one out there but the Yahoo search did not bring one up. Sorry.

At least your ancestors where Lawyers and Doctors. My ancestoral clan was reknowned for stealing horses and stirring up trouble. If their are any Maxwells out there I sincerely apologize for my ancestor's behavior.

Edited by djohnston

Guest BattlePriest
Not every family will have a tartan. It is sad to be sure but the tartan is predominently a Scottish thing and even though some Irish clans have tartans that is not true in every case. I couldn't find a tartan for O'Reilly or Darrow. There may be one out there but the Yahoo search did not bring one up. Sorry.

The good thing is, you can always wear your home state tartan, or the united states military tartan...

US Military Branch Tartans

To find out if your state has its own tartan(s) then search google for "your state tartan"

Example google results for Iowa State Tartan

The good thing is, you can always wear your home state tartan, or the united states military tartan...

US Military Branch Tartans

To find out if your state has its own tartan(s) then search google for "your state tartan"

Example google results for Iowa State Tartan

This is the NC tartan Carolina_Tartan.jpg

I personally like my family tartan more

Edited by ThePwninator

Guest babybackribs

nicholson_a.jpg

That's mine^

And since we're talking about relatives, my great great great great grandfather was Andrew Jackson. Also known as the seventh president of the United States. Yay! I think...

Guest USMChris

black-watch-mod-200.jpg

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

DSC05672.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!! I just noticed that mirror on his foot.

Edited by USMChris

And since we're talking about relatives, my great great great great grandfather was Andrew Jackson. Also known as the seventh president of the United States. Yay! I think...

My Great(times an unknown number) uncle was George Washington. Also known as the first president.

Guest djohnston

Battlepriest, I may have to rethink my loadout as a result of a little clan history that I just read.

"The 'my clan name' were excellent horsemen and, dressed in a metal helmet (steel bonnet) and reinforced leather jacket (jack), with a long lance, cutting sword and SET OF PISTOLS, a 'my clan name' clansman was well adapted to his world. "

I had no idea that my ancestors were precursors of the P.O.R. What a sight I will be at the next airsoft event. Kilt, steel helmet, goggles, leather jacket, rubber sword, and a brace of pistols.