bryanzimbardi

Buying Tanaka Rifle

Ok, I am really jonesing for a M24 or M40A1, and I have contacted two HK retailers that both state they have a pre-ban version they will sell to me. Ok, thats taken care of, now heres the next question.

The M40A1's on most sites are listed to have a stock FPS of about 320. (not sure if this is post ban)

The M24's and some M700's are listed to have a stock FPS of 410. (same)

Both numbers are supposedly using 134a.

What is actually different between the internals of the M40 and M24?

If I get a preban M40A1 (the rifle I actually want) am I going to lose power compared to buying a M24? Or is there really no difference?

Thanks in advance!

Bryan

Guest Gun Slinger
Ok, I am really jonesing for a M24 or M40A1, and I have contacted two HK retailers that both state they have a pre-ban version they will sell to me. Ok, thats taken care of, now heres the next question.

The M40A1's on most sites are listed to have a stock FPS of about 320. (not sure if this is post ban)

The M24's and some M700's are listed to have a stock FPS of 410. (same)

Both numbers are supposedly using 134a.

What is actually different between the internals of the M40 and M24?

If I get a preban M40A1 (the rifle I actually want) am I going to lose power compared to buying a M24? Or is there really no difference?

Thanks in advance!

Bryan

All Tanaka rifles shoot the same pretty much except for the KAR98. The only real difference between the m40 and m24, is the stock. Also I beleive the M40 has a longer barrel.

don't worry, with either rifle on green, you'll shoot above 500 if you get a pre-ban.

All Tanaka rifles shoot the same pretty much except for the KAR98. The only real difference between the m40 and m24, is the stock. Also I beleive the M40 has a longer barrel.

don't worry, with either rifle on green, you'll shoot above 500 if you get a pre-ban.

*sigh* Just heard again this morning (AM in HK) that the Rifles I had asked for were not the ones they had in stock and that they had "misunderstood" my message.

(Again, this is why I like Japanese retailers - I can speak Japanese, haha) No biggie, I think I found a solution. I'd like to draw on you guys' experience with snipers.

I'm debating between:

RWC M700 Woodland - This is RedWolf Airsofts Custom KJ M700 (non takedown) it has a prometheus barrel, the G&G striker spring, and they say it shoots 450fps on 134a (Wow, I think? Thats like...550+ on TOP, right?) and of course it's painted (woodland, go figure).

Maruzen APS2 L96 Chassis - You all know about this one I'm sure.

My main concerns (as are most snipers I'm sure) accuracy & distance.

I know nothing about the KJ M700's, but I'm guessing that Redwolf isn't gonna sell something crappy tagged as their "custom" guns.

Any insight here would be greatly appreciated. I've shot the spring L96, and I've owned a Gspec upgraded to about 565 that has broken so many sears I gave up on buying them (thus the interest in gas rifles).

How will the KJ M700 with the Prometheus PSG-1 barrel stack up against the L96 with a tightbore?

Thanks again guys, I really appreciate your time in reading this.

Becareful with Redwolf Custom guns. Everyone I know that's bought one has had problems with them and have had hard times trying to return them.

Hmm.

So I'm stuck with a spring rifle if I want to shoot 500+, huh?

This is starting to suck pretty bad, I was so excited about getting a new rifle =/

Guest Gun Slinger
Hmm.

So I'm stuck with a spring rifle if I want to shoot 500+, huh?

This is starting to suck pretty bad, I was so excited about getting a new rifle =/

Typcially KJ rifles arn't that great on the accuracy side. Have you thought about looking for a used Tanaka? Typically there are some on ebay and even this forum.

Typcially KJ rifles arn't that great on the accuracy side. Have you thought about looking for a used Tanaka? Typically there are some on ebay and even this forum.

The way to get the KJW more reliable like the Tanaka would be to hook up the HPA to it... People recorded 325 body shots with it =)

Well all I can offer you is my personnal experience.

I just bought a pre-ban Tanaka M40A1 from Redwolf. $407.00 shipping included.

Redwolf still sells the pre-bad Tanakas', so does Den Trinity. shipping will be a bit different for you, you live in America, right?

(I live in Okinawa).Right now its friggin cold here and I have had no problems with it except with my scope.

I fixed the scope problem by adding pieces of electricians tape to back end rail to elevate the rear of the scope. Now dead on at about 60-70 meters.

Becareful with Redwolf Custom guns. Everyone I know that's bought one has had problems with them and have had hard times trying to return them.

he's right. I have a friend that bought 2 guns already upgraded from redwolf. they both broke within a matter of a few weeks.

*sigh* Just heard again this morning (AM in HK) that the Rifles I had asked for were not the ones they had in stock and that they had "misunderstood" my message.

(Again, this is why I like Japanese retailers - I can speak Japanese, haha) No biggie, I think I found a solution. I'd like to draw on you guys' experience with snipers.

I'm debating between:

RWC M700 Woodland - This is RedWolf Airsofts Custom KJ M700 (non takedown) it has a prometheus barrel, the G&G striker spring, and they say it shoots 450fps on 134a (Wow, I think? Thats like...550+ on TOP, right?) and of course it's painted (woodland, go figure).

Maruzen APS2 L96 Chassis - You all know about this one I'm sure.

My main concerns (as are most snipers I'm sure) accuracy & distance.

I know nothing about the KJ M700's, but I'm guessing that Redwolf isn't gonna sell something crappy tagged as their "custom" guns.

Any insight here would be greatly appreciated. I've shot the spring L96, and I've owned a Gspec upgraded to about 565 that has broken so many sears I gave up on buying them (thus the interest in gas rifles).

How will the KJ M700 with the Prometheus PSG-1 barrel stack up against the L96 with a tightbore?

Thanks again guys, I really appreciate your time in reading this.

I was thinking about the RWC M700 to!!

I might just buy the KJW and get a 6.01 inner barrel and striker spring with a new hopup?

lol

goodluck