Sign in to follow this  
bryanzimbardi

Pcs W/500-600fps? Can This Be?

Someone tell me if this is bunk.

http://www.evike.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv...de=SNIPERRIFLES

Evike is showing AICS Tanakas WITH the dreaded PCS system, and they are listing FPS of 500-600?

Is this possible? I thought the AICS guns all had the limiter dealy-whozits?

It's not the PCS you should worry about. You should worry about the restrictor. All the PCS does is let you adjust the flow of gas so you can raise and lower your fps. IMO, the PCS was a good idea.

It's not the PCS you should worry about. You should worry about the restrictor. All the PCS does is let you adjust the flow of gas so you can raise and lower your fps. IMO, the PCS was a good idea.

So wait - it's actually possible that Evike has a pre-1J ban A.I.C.S.?

I was under the impression that none of these models were made without the restrictor, and of course if I call on the phone, they are going to say "Sure! It shoots 500-600!"

So wait - it's actually possible that Evike has a pre-1J ban A.I.C.S.?

I was under the impression that none of these models were made without the restrictor, and of course if I call on the phone, they are going to say "Sure! It shoots 500-600!"

They might or they might not. Evike is a little shady with their customer service. If indeed they do have a post ban version, I'm pretty sure that they would have to put the correct fps on the site due to advertising laws.

I emailed evike.com a few days ago asking if they had the older models in stock. They replied and said they only have the new models. I then checked uncompany.com and they told me that they had the old ones in stock. After placing the order, they notified me that they only have the new ones so I had to cancel the order.

I emailed evike.com a few days ago asking if they had the older models in stock. They replied and said they only have the new models. I then checked uncompany.com and they told me that they had the old ones in stock. After placing the order, they notified me that they only have the new ones so I had to cancel the order.

I just called Evike again, they are saying 500 FPS with Top gas, which means it's probably the restricted version.

From what I've heard on this forum and others, it should be well over 550 with Top / Propane / Red.

Looks as though it's either an APS2 or an L96 or take my chances with a KJ M700, huh?

Guest BuRi3d
I just called Evike again, they are saying 500 FPS with Top gas, which means it's probably the restricted version.

From what I've heard on this forum and others, it should be well over 550 with Top / Propane / Red.

Looks as though it's either an APS2 or an L96 or take my chances with a KJ M700, huh?

My Tanaka AICS is shooting 650 w/ green. Id like to try red gas in it. as for your gun, that all sounds about right. If you get it make sure to turn the pcs the rest of the way up.

My Tanaka AICS is shooting 650 w/ green. Id like to try red gas in it. as for your gun, that all sounds about right. If you get it make sure to turn the pcs the rest of the way up.

What are you shooting on 143a? Have you tested?

I'd really like to know, it would be a great way to see if the rifles I am asking about are pre or post ban.

Most seem to be shooting around 450fps on 134a, if yours is too - I'm gonna get one.

Ive been wondering the same thing is the m700 capable of 500-600fps right out of the box or is the G&G power pack and a tight bore necessary to overcome the fps limit law

Unrestricted no...

You want to get one with a PCS bolt, you can get like 750FPS, or go down to like 350... Or the one I'm buying can =)