Sign in to follow this  
longhairkid

Utg M87 Pump Action Sniper Rifle? No It's Not...

Ok, I know you're all gonna say that I'm an Idiot for even thinking about it, but read the whole thing and hear me out.

During algebra today I had the greatest idea I think in a LONG time. Ok, first thing is that you need a UTG M87 shotgun, with the stock if you want it to work right. Now here comes the greatest part: Buy a tightbore barrel, the longest you can get. Install it into the gun and however you wanna do it, lengthen the outer barrel. Then, apply the teflon mod, and you have a UTG M87 pump sniper rifle! It would easily out-accuracy and out-range the M324 and maybe even a stock vsr-10. It's such a simple idea but it would work!

Any suggestions, comments, or telling me im an idiot and it wont work?

Ok, I know you're all gonna say that I'm an Idiot for even thinking about it, but read the whole thing and hear me out.

During algebra today I had the greatest idea I think in a LONG time. Ok, first thing is that you need a UTG M87 shotgun, with the stock if you want it to work right. Now here comes the greatest part: Buy a tightbore barrel, the longest you can get. Install it into the gun and however you wanna do it, lengthen the outer barrel. Then, apply the teflon mod, and you have a UTG M87 pump sniper rifle! It would easily out-accuracy and out-range the M324 and maybe even a stock vsr-10. It's such a simple idea but it would work!

Any suggestions, comments, or telling me im an idiot and it wont work?

Did you see those pics online? I saw that one person put a longer outer barrel and added a scope to the full stock version.

Interesting. But no, I'm sorry.

The fps of the UTG shotgun is 260 with .20g bb's. If you teflon tape the normal gun, it bumps it to maybe 280, and lube brings it to 290. Adding a tightbore would probally bring it to 320 fps or so, which is the same as the STOCK m324. If your willing to go through all that trouble, you might as well just teflon tape the m324 and buy a tightbore for it instead since its the better gun. The Shotgun also has a much worse hop-up controle, meaning Even if you did up the fps, you probaly wouldn't be able to use heavier bb's with any accuracy. By all means, try it, but I would not recommend investing time and money into an already great shotgun.

Ha ok, I think I will try it. But I need some help:

1)I can't figure out what tightbore barrel I should use

2)I'm gunna have to find a good way to lengthen the barrel by a LOT

3)Is it possible to replace the spring with a stronger one?

4)What else could I do to butcher my gun? :P

Ha ok, I think I will try it. But I need some help:

1)I can't figure out what tightbore barrel I should use

2)I'm gunna have to find a good way to lengthen the barrel by a LOT

3)Is it possible to replace the spring with a stronger one?

4)What else could I do to butcher my gun? :P

Ugh.....Just buy a rifle, it would be cheaper in the end.....

Get a long one from shorty.

PVC pipe might work for lengthening if you don't want to buy a actual barrel

yes it's possible, but its hard in UTG guns. If you really don't care, try, use a saw to open the cylinder, then change the spring, then sawder it back on

Butcher your gun eh......You could paint it pink, then whenever you ambush someone you can laugh that they got owned by a pink gun.

You could add a bayonet to the end.....

Thanks, but I mean which kind of barrel, cause a lot are made for AEGs and wont work without extensive sawing, soldering, etc.

And I didn't mean literally butcher, thanks anyway though ill consider it. :P

And I would buy the rifle but if I'm going to buy the rifle Im getting an MP-001 not the M324. I've used the M324 and I don't really like it too much.

Edited by longhairkid

Thanks, but I mean which kind of barrel, cause a lot are made for AEGs and wont work without extensive sawing, soldering, etc.

And I didn't mean literally butcher, thanks anyway though ill consider it. :P

And I would buy the rifle but if I'm going to buy the rifle Im getting an MP-001 not the M324. I've used the M324 and I don't really like it too much.

Your call. The MP001 is a fine rifle, but I would arue all day taht the M324 is better. For cheaper, you can have a 370 fps gun (teflon mod) and then you just had to add a tightbore for $50 and you can hit people at 180ft. With just the solid gun, a scope, and teflon mod (+.28g bbs) you can hit people easy at 120ft. Thats better than any other gun. The MP001 might be a bit cheaper, but you get what you pay for....

You have no idea what you are talking about hirojlance. The spring can be easily removed, and the hop up control is very similar to other UTG weapons. You can get a tightbore at dbcustomairsoft (dees customs), and teflon brings it up closer to 50 or 60.

Edited by jhick40

You have no idea what you are talking about hirojlance. The spring can be easily removed, and the hop up control is very similar to other UTG weapons. You can get a tightbore at dbcustomairsoft (dees customs), and teflon brings it up closer to 50 or 60.

Go suck a lemon. YOU have no idea what your talking about. The hop-up controle is no where near as accurate and reliable as the M324. Yeah you can get a tightbore at deescustoms.com And the teflon tape mod brings it up 40fps. According to the shops chrono.

Go suck a lemon. YOU have no idea what your talking about. The hop-up controle is no where near as accurate and reliable as the M324. Yeah you can get a tightbore at deescustoms.com And the teflon tape mod brings it up 40fps. According to the shops chrono.

if I wanted to suck a lemon, I would buy a utg.lol. get it?? no, ok no ones laughing :a-jester::a-laugh:

I would take a mp001 over a utg m324 anyday. Just because I know I can rely on it's stock performance, and how it doesn't need a trip to the local hardware shop to work good. The mp001 just came out, and a teflon mod can be applied to it as well. So don't be calling out people praising UTG, when you are trying to attack a gun that JUST hit the states. The m324 has been here for How long, and look the same lemon rate/quality control, and the same old fps. Just wait until a couple versions of the Mp001 comes out, heck I wouldn't be suprised if a quick and easy mod comes soon.

I would take a mp001 over a utg m324 anyday. Just because I know I can rely on it's stock performance, and how it doesn't need a trip to the local hardware shop to work good. The mp001 just came out, and a teflon mod can be applied to it as well. So don't be calling out people praising UTG, when you are trying to attack a gun that JUST hit the states. The m324 has been here for How long, and look the same lemon rate/quality control, and the same old fps. Just wait until a couple versions of the Mp001 comes out, heck I wouldn't be suprised if a quick and easy mod comes soon.

Haven't heard about the teflon mod yet, Crimsonfalcon from ASR said it doesn't work.

Hardware shop? Why? Just go to your pharmacy on your next trip.

MP001 has been out for a while now, took a while to hit the states

I can rely on stock performance of the m324. 100ft shots easily on a can, and if anything breaks I can always contact UTG for replacement parts. MP001 is NOT parts-compatatible with the VSR.

315FPS? Then 420FPS with teflon? Add a tb. 470-480? Then about to 750FPS from the upgrade kit?

MP001 shots about 380... -.-

Well if you want to spend more money on the upgrade (750 fps), than you did on the original gun, go for it man. Pharmacy, that's a little low don't you think? I would come up with some smarta.s.s remark, but I don't feel like being a jerk. To top it off, I'd love to see the numbers you are blurting out, on a chronograph, I don't trust estimations.

The utg 87 pump shot gun, is this a clone of the Maruzen M870, pump, single shot, shotgun?

I believe it is, and several Japanese and HongKong sights have this Pump action Sniper. Longer barrel, everything. Several of my friends have done this MOD as well, the one problem that we seem to run into is the Hop Up, never seems to dial in right and stay at the setting. One friend actually superglued his Hop into place. Im sure of the utg version, but as several post have said, I suggest buying a G-spec because of the low cost. JMO

Con1 out

if I wanted to suck a lemon, I would buy a utg.lol. get it?? no, ok no ones laughing :a-jester::a-laugh:

Really, why would you suck on a UTG? I'm sure they don't taste nearly as good as the fruit they're made out to be.

Edited by Whitegrass

Way ahead of you.

http://img351.imageshack.us/img351/7862/dscf0597be4.jpg

dscf0597be4.jpg

That's my 'Harbinger.' Upgraded Maruzen ca870 shotgun. It runs 520 feet per second. It's a great platform; good rate-of-fire compared to bolt-action guns, and you can keep the scope zeroed on your target while you rack it. I've yet to see another gun like it.

If you're going to do this, though, do NOT use a UTG, for the love of all that is holy. The UTG shotgun is a good little beater gun, but it is so unreliable and fragile that I wince at the thought of trying to turn it into a sniper rifle. If you're going to make a pump-action sniper rifle, use a Maruzen ca870 or another high-quality shotgun.

Way ahead of you.

dscf0597be4.jpg

That's my 'Harbinger.' Upgraded Maruzen ca870 shotgun. It runs 520 feet per second. It's a great platform; good rate-of-fire compared to bolt-action guns, and you can keep the scope zeroed on your target while you rack it. I've yet to see another gun like it.

If you're going to do this, though, do NOT use a UTG, for the love of all that is holy. The UTG shotgun is a good little beater gun, but it is so unreliable and fragile that I wince at the thought of trying to turn it into a sniper rifle. If you're going to make a pump-action sniper rifle, use a Maruzen ca870 or another high-quality shotgun.

That's really cool. How accurate is it?

Also how long is the barrel in mm?

Pirate, I recognize the silencer/mount, and the scope/mount, and the "bandolier" or mag pouch if you will. What have you done internally, and which silencer/tb barrel have you?

Way ahead of you.

dscf0597be4.jpg

thats the most beautiful gun I have ever seen. what upgrades did u have to do and what was the final estamated price?

It's as accurate as any airsoft sniper rifle I've seen. Rival's my friend's PSG-1. The internal upgrades are some modified APS-2 parts (cylinder and piston I believe) and a 1.99j spring (I had the Q project upgrade the thing; I would probably have broken the gun if I tried to upgrade it). It also has a 300mm 6.03mm tightbore barrel. The whole thing has come to about 800 bucks, but that's with a metal outter barrel and the other accessories. The internal upgrades came out to about 400 bucks, but I think the parts used to upgarde it have been discontinued.

I don't want to take over longhairkid's thread; if you want to see more pics/talk about my shotgun, go here.

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/index.php?showtopic=58061

Sorry longhairkid; didn't think I'd get so much feedback on that post. xD

dude, players in Hawaii have been doing this kind of stuff for a while. Though we use Maruzen CA870s and CA870 chargers because they contain the same spring as the Maruzen APSs It's a good way to counter sniper or to have a sniper backup when you need to reach out and touch someone...

dude, players in Hawaii have been doing this kind of stuff for a while. Though we use Maruzen CA870s and CA870 chargers because they contain the same spring as the Maruzen APSs It's a good way to counter sniper or to have a sniper backup when you need to reach out and touch someone...

But how long is the barrel in that thing and what kind of hop-up unit does it use?

Ugh.....Just buy a rifle, it would be cheaper in the end.....

Get a long one from shorty.

PVC pipe might work for lengthening if you don't want to buy a actual barrel

yes it's possible, but its hard in UTG guns. If you really don't care, try, use a saw to open the cylinder, then change the spring, then sawder it back on

Butcher your gun eh......You could paint it pink, then whenever you ambush someone you can laugh that they got owned by a pink gun.

You could add a bayonet to the end.....

he wants to experiment on it. its not your time or money goin into it so don't worry bout it

I have a utg m87 and I put a barrel in it that was like 15 inches out of some crappy crosman gun that broke after a few days of shooting it. it didn't work very good. it just kinda shot slow.

lol thats pretty funny