Sign in to follow this  
Nick Curren

Ess Goggles

Well, all goggles will fog eventually (xhado, do the turbofans fog a lot, because they cost a pretty penny just for that anti-fog fan) but ESS goggles are probably the best way to go.

Yes they fog. If you don't run the fan they will fog up quite a bit. Running the fan on Low keeps the fog at bay so long as you are moving and High keeps the fog completely gone while sitting still and observing.

Guest Xhado

in the summer I don't need to run the fan at all, but when its been raining alot, I need to keep it on high and clean it after every round.

Guest Xhado

Much better than anything G&P will make, no doubt. Probably a little better than CQCs, since they don't have as much circulation.

Much better than anything G&P will make, no doubt. Probably a little better than CQCs, since they don't have as much circulation.

I tought G&P was going to be the best choice. So is that a yes or no for the ESS?

Probably a little better than CQCs, since they don't have as much circulation.

Try worlds different than the CQCs. I have owned both and the WileyX's were nightmarish when it came to fogging, despite the hype around them... so much that I was forced to buy anti-fog wipes that marginally improved conditions with them.

I will give it to the CQCs, though, they have saved many a soldier's eyes in Iraq from shrapnel.

But yes, I agree... Your eyes are not to be cheated and the best airsoft investment you can make is a good pair of eyewear. The ESS goggles can't be beat.

Ess Turbofan are the best non fogging goggles for the money, I have personally used JT w/vortex fan, Ess Turbo Cams, Bolle T-800 and Oakley SI with the Fan and all but the Turbofans Fogged.

While you can never be 100% fog free in the rain if you mix Fog Tech w/turbo cams you will only fog in extreme conditions. I highly reccomend the ESS Turbo's. I am 245 pounds and sweat like mad so if they work for me they can work for anyone.

I'm ony 13 and while I would like the Turbo fans I doubt my parents will let me get a $100 pair of goggles. My dad in the Airforce doesn't even have goggles that much. I am going to get the ESS tactical XT goggles. Thanks for all your guys help. :a-thumbsup: