OK you guys probably remember me asking about the ICS 2006 M4. Now I need to know about the G&G M4. I'm debating which one to get obviously. So, reliability? Performance? Upgrades? Known problems and what to expect? any and all help very appreciated. Oh and sorry I didnt just ask this in my first post about the ICS but I found out about the G&G M4 after I had posted for the ICS. thanks again.

Guest Xhado

There are plenty of threads listing the problems of the G&Ps. Pretty much if you want one, you need to know how to work on a gearbox.

OK you guys probably remember me asking about the ICS 2006 M4. Now I need to know about the G&G M4. I'm debating which one to get obviously. So, reliability? Performance? Upgrades? Known problems and what to expect? any and all help very appreciated. Oh and sorry I didnt just ask this in my first post about the ICS but I found out about the G&G M4 after I had posted for the ICS. thanks again.

From what I have heard and read, the ICS and G&P are week and unreliable. G&G are much more dependable. Keep in mind this is only what I have heard from friends that own one. Have you looked in to Classic Army? They have quality AEGs.

Where I live about 98% of players buy Tokyo Marui.

Yeah I looked into CA but just got sidetracked by the G&G and ICS guns. just trying to get something different(as far as M4's are concerned) and as close to as possible to what I am expecting out of a $300+ gun.

Xhado thanks for the input, but I was asking about the G&G not the G&P. close though :a-thumbsup:

Edited by Spud

Guest Xhado

DOH

Not really paying attention there.

G&G doesnt have the best reputation themselves either. Even after their big gearbox recall, they still are having problems.

G&G have alot of small default problems that are almost always there, to fix this the user must open the gearbox and work around on it while spending lots of money. Per say if you get the G&G you will have to dish out alot of money to get the gun up and running at its top performance.. If youre new to gearbox and not too rich get the ICS and with the remaining money get upgrades and accesories.

Edited by Baptiste

Thats next on my list too...

Im leaning towards the ICS however.

Its got the forward assist that releases the piston to the forward position which is unique and functional..

I suppose it wouldnt be overly difficult to install the forward assist on any m4 aeg...

Just switch out the anti reverse latch, dremel a hole in the box & buy the button with the lever from ICS..

Not that simple, but should work I think...

I read that ICS m4's have a faulty screw at the rear of the gearbox that doesnt thread in enough...

This has cause the backs of the box on some guns to split open and damage to the internals resulted..

Not sure how true it is now... but it would be an easy enough fix... just replace the screw with a

longer one...

Again, this is just what I noted while surfing for info about the ICS version..

Im not slamming them, as I own an ICS/AE MP5...

The G&Gs [$380] seem to have: (according to EVike)

Tightbore 6.04

7mm ball bearings

M100 spring

Magnesium body (??)

http://www.evike.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv...ory_Code=AEG_GG

$90 more than the ICS [$290]

The tightbore would have been ~$40 (systema <AT> Jungletoy)

ball bearings $20

Spring is about the same I think...

So the bottom line difference is:

G&G has 7mm gearbox

ICS has working Forward assist

Edited by Noobie

From what I have heard and read, the ICS and G&P are week and unreliable. G&G are much more dependable. Keep in mind this is only what I have heard from friends that own one. Have you looked in to Classic Army? They have quality AEGs.

Where I live about 98% of players buy Tokyo Marui.

G&P's, weak and unreliable? This is making me laugh, they'll be unreliable if you have no idea how to work in a gearbox, but any smart person who does research knows not to even think about purchasing a G&P until they've gotten a lot of experience inside gearboxes. And weak? G&P externals are some of the BEST externals in airsoft, and the internals are quite strong.

so I should pretty much just stay away from the G&G M4? I hella dig the forward assist on the ICS which really is probably going to be the deciding factor unless there is a more reliable full metal M4 out there that anyone recommends....

I reccomend a TM M4A1 new type with a G&P metal body. The hop up chamber will be much better, the TM hop up rubber is better, the one piece gearbox will give you way less trouble, and the externals will be MUCH better than ICS.

The forward assist function on the ICS comes in handy a few times, but overall it's just a marketing tool for ICS.

If you can work gearboxes, then I would highly recommend G&P AEGs (I don't care if we're talking about G&G).

G&G AEGs are *okay* rifles, but for close to the same price (actually, probably cheaper), you can get yourself a G&P M4A1 in the U.S. (Check out airsoftgi.com)

I was a proud owner of a G&P M4A1 Carbine for about two weeks and it was one of the best rifles that I have ever owned. Had to sell the gun due to lack of funds for other priorities. Anyways, it was quite powerful and surprisingly accurate. The metal body was the best that I've seen and the COLT trademarks are really nice (if you can find one with COLT trades). I've been around ICS and CA and I have to say, I'm surprised why G&P doesn't charge more for what they give you, externally and internally speaking.

I, myself, am eventually going to purchase another G&P AEG very soon. Thanks to some extra cash, I'm getting ready to purchase the Boom Arms M4A1 RAS Custom and I'll write up a review on it soon after.

P.S. Boom Arms is a great overseas retailer to shop for AEGs; shipping is cheap and the service is great.

Edited by -XTRM1NATR-

Well I'm new to the sport but I work on cars for a living so I'm sure with some practice and some advice on what I should be looking for/adjusting/learning tolerances in a gear box(like correct shimming) I could figure it out. I just don't want to break a $300+ gun learning. rather buy the $300 gun and a cheap one for tinker with until I am confident on tearing a gearbox down.

You cant just buy a G&P and use it stock for awhile? Do they break down that often, is that why?

Well I'm new to the sport but I work on cars for a living so I'm sure with some practice and some advice on what I should be looking for/adjusting/learning tolerances in a gear box(like correct shimming) I could figure it out. I just don't want to break a $300+ gun learning. rather buy the $300 gun and a cheap one for tinker with until I am confident on tearing a gearbox down.

You cant just buy a G&P and use it stock for awhile? Do they break down that often, is that why?

Supposedly, G&P's "Marine" bodied M4A1s have all of the bugs fixed out of them. G&Ps were known for snapped tappet plates and they've supposedly fixed that problem.

I actually never had a problem with my previous G&P M4A1, so I would have to say they've gotten better with their internals.

G&Ps are great guns, its just that they require a little tweaking here and there and possible replacement of a few inexpensive parts for them to operate at their highest potential with the highest possible reliability.

If you do not want to take the risk, then I'd suggest that you consider purchasing an ICS M4A1 AEG. They've improved alot over the years and ICS's latest version of AEGs (with Turbo 3000 motors) make excellent performing AEGs. I'd recommend the ICS M4A1 RIS.

After playing with both an ICS and a G&G M4, I'd definatly go with the G&G. Way more ROF and FPS out of the box, and is COMPLETELY metal. Real gun externals.

After playing with both an ICS and a G&G M4, I'd definatly go with the G&G. Way more ROF and FPS out of the box, and is COMPLETELY metal. Real gun externals.

Hey Tyler nice to see someone sort of familiar over on here. This is Grimm From The Brigade.

On the other notes, I'm considering buying one of those S-System Clones to tinker with and get more familiar with gear boxes and internals. Then when I am comfortable with modding a gun I'll buy an expensive one. Any thoughts on this?