Guest aka Erky

Which Gun?

Which Configuration Looks Better? (See Picture)  

101 members have voted

1. 1. See Picture For Comparison

• Long Outer Barrel
    • Short Outer Barrel

Guest aka Erky

shotgunswc5.jpg

I'm having difficulty choosing which configuration I should use, so I'm here to ask for your opinion.

And just so you know:

Both guns have the same length inner barrels!

^^^So People Will Notice^^^

Thanks.

Edited by masamune

It depends on the situation for example for cqb/cqc I would prefer a shorter barrel because they're mor menuverable in tight situations but for skirmishing/assult and things of that sort I would prefer a longer barrel because teoretically you can get more distance out of a shorter barrel than a longer one

Guest aka Erky
It depends on the situation for example for cqb/cqc I would prefer a shorter barrel because they're mor menuverable in tight situations but for skirmishing/assult and things of that sort I would prefer a longer barrel because teoretically you can get more distance out of a shorter barrel than a longer one

Now there is an example of someone who posted whithout reading(and understanding) the whole thread. It annoys me when people post like that.

Guest deathstroke1

short. What is the point of a long outer barrel if the inner barrel is the same length in both guns. The shorter one is more of a tactical type gun while the long one would be more for hunting. I would rather have the shorter one for manuverability.

short. What is the point of a long outer barrel if the inner barrel is the same length in both guns. The shorter one is more of a tactical type gun while the long one would be more for hunting. I would rather have the shorter one for manuverability.

Same I think that losing maneuverability just for looks doesn’t matter. Plus I like the shorter version better.

Definately short barrel. Looks more milsim and menacing. Imagine this, you walk up to a group of enemy combatants with hands raised in an attitude of surrender. And then, all of a sudden you whip the shotgun out of a back strapped holster and mow them down in true Mad Max fashion. (or at least look cool for about three seconds as you eat about 40 rounds of AEG fire) :a-cool: No way could you do this with the longer barrel.

Guest aka Erky
Hmmm... can we get a meduim option?

'fraid not, those are the only two barrel lengths and I don't want to chop the longer barrel.

The short one because it looks more 1337. Really, it does.

If it weren't pistol grip, I'd say go with the long barrel, but seeing as how it IS pistol grip, I think that the short barrel looks a little better.

I think the longer barrel looks way cooler. it makes it look more "complete".

While I like both of the barrel lengths, I would have to go with the shorter barrel just because the inner barrels are the same length and having the longer one doesn't increase performance, so I would go with the shorter barrel. mainly because it is much better for tighter environments/quarters. If it didn't have the pistol grip however, then I would go with the longer barrel.

Short barrel. I actually prefer longer barrels on shotguns, but only if the shell tube is extended to match the barrel, and since this only feeds one shell at a time, there's no point in doing that.

So again, short barrel makes more sense from a practical standpoint, and I think it looks better as well.

one thing that nobody has mentioned....with the long barrel if you're NOT playing cqb or anything...it'll be easier to prop up (I.e. against trees) and look down the length of the barrel to aim

I voted long cause it looks better...and also I don't cqb lol

Guest aka Erky
If you lay your M3 on the side like that, the false bolt will come loose. Just letting you know... 'Cause it really sucks.

It's held to the body by tape on the inside. I could easily fix it if need be.

Guest aka Erky
I'd go with the longer outer barrel it looks a little cooler like it can shoot a lot further.

I. Hate. You. Even more so than this guy:

.....I would prefer a longer barrel because teoretically you can get more distance out of a shorter barrel than a longer one

Why?

See, this is why I don't post here as much as I used to.

Guest CaptainPlastic
I. Hate. You. Even more so than this guy:

Why do you hate him? You posted a poll basically asking which barrel looked cooler and he answered you.

Just in case you missed it, he said "it looks a little cooler like it can shoot a lot further."

^^^So you will notice^^^

He didn't say it would shoot farther, just that it looks like it could. Looks like....get it?

:a-nonod:

Guest masamune

0|\/|6 U N33|) 7|-|3 10N6 |3@|2|231 |3/( !7 !5 <AT> 1337 5N!|#3|2.... I voted Short actually... Only way I would say Long is if the Mag tube was a Matching length.

I accidentally voted long, but meant short. It should be a little more versatile in tight areas. They both look good though

Fixed that for you

Guest aka Erky
Why do you hate him? You posted a poll basically asking which barrel looked cooler and he answered you.

Just in case you missed it, he said "it looks a little cooler like it can shoot a lot further."

^^^So you will notice^^^

He didn't say it would shoot farther, just that it looks like it could. Looks like....get it?

:a-nonod:

Well if he meant it in the way you said it, then I'm sorry, I feel like a dumbass.