hsimoorb

Post Your Groupings

We've all seen what TM VSRs can do, there was a very nice thread about it here. Since I am considering getting a Tanaka boltie, I was hoping to get an idea of the accuracy of a well tuned Tanaka as well. I'm particularly interested in the long range accuracy of a good Tanaka. There are people on every forum claiming to have a simply rediculous range with their tanakas. e.g. people claiming <20'' groupings at 100 yards! At this point, I have read so many accounts of people shooting Tanaka rifles up to and even past the 100 yard mark that I no longer doubt that the rifles have the capability, but I still want someone here to post some pics, so this can be the end all be all of that particular debate.

Just a refresher on the rules. You need to post pictures of your groups, and provide a complete list of the mods done to your rifle, and what sighting device you used, the conditions of the field during the trials. Shoot 15 shots at on target, and then measure the distance between the furthest two. A tight cluster dosen't count if there is even one flier. All 15 BBs count. Range needs to be 100 feet from shooter to target, measured with reliable devices, e.g. tape measures, yardsticks laid end to end. No pacing off the distance, rough estimates or anything like that.

Edited by hsimoorb

Yes, but measuring groupings at a longer range can be troublesome. How many people have a 100 yard long place they can get to easily? Plus, at that long range wind can be a big issue, it gets hard to shoot that far. Shoot at a longer range if you can, I'd like to see it. But 100' is enough for a comparative between two rifles.

Again, I would realy like to see someone shoot at a 100 yard target. If I could get 20'' groups with a Tanaka rifle at that range I'm pretty much sold.

P1010061-1.jpg

87' measured

P1010069.jpg

groupings=3/4" at 87 feet.

don't mind the 2 strays, those were sighting in shots. I hadnt re-zero'd my scope so thats what it was.

6 rounds fired including 2 sighting in shots.

4 rounds in bullseye

1 round in same hole

Again, I would realy like to see someone shoot at a 100 yard target. If I could get 20'' groups with a Tanaka rifle at that range I'm pretty much sold.

I'd like to see someone who can nail a target at 100 yards with an airsoft gun of any type. 100 yards=300 feet.

Stealth Kill Hamster---> OMG that's a good group! I looked through the VSR thread, and nobody got better than 4" groups from 100 feet! It looks like you could get ~1" groups at 100 feet, that awsome! What kind of mods have you done to that thing? Ammo?

Edited by hsimoorb

Stealth Kill Hamster---> OMG that's a good group! I looked through the VSR thread, and nobody got better than 4" groups from 100 feet! It looks like you could get ~1" groups at 100 feet, that awsome! What kind of mods have you done to that thing? Ammo?

Its a Tanaka M40A1, heres my list:

BSA 6-24x scope

Best Gun Hopup/nozzle kit

stock 6.05mm tightbore (gonna get a dees custom with my next paycheck)

various teflon taping over anywhere gas can escape

silicon sealed the entire magazine

hand and tool leveled barrel

taped the barrel brass nut thing so that the inner barrel has no play at all

and a bunch more at home upgrades that get it firing ultra consistent (I get a 2-6 fps deviation per shot, for a gas rifle, thats amazing)

when you say you silicone your mag, do you just spray it with silicone oil? when I do that, it gets all my bb's dirty cause it leaks sometimes into the spring portion.

what are you shooting on green gas and 134a? and...if it has a pcs? thanks (=

when you say you silicone your mag, do you just spray it with silicone oil? when I do that, it gets all my bb's dirty cause it leaks sometimes into the spring portion.

what are you shooting on green gas and 134a? and...if it has a pcs? thanks (=

Im running it on green gas and I have the pcs set to about 550 most of the time.

When I said silicon sealed, I meant the exact phrase. You get silicone cement and open up your mag (make sure theres no gas in it) and you seal the back plate (placing the glue on the edges) and seal it together. I need to do it again seeing as how the stuff is starting to come out of the cracks a little bit (6 months later).

Other fixes are a coke can shim job on the mag housing to insure a better seal and a bunch of other at home upgrades.

As I told whitefeather, the silicon seal is VERY easy to do, literally just point and squirt, let it sit for 24 hours and fill it with gas. you just seal the sides that you unscrew.

the shim job is a little more complicated but its still easy.

could you tell me what silicone gel you use? maybe I'll try picking one up. the mag isnt too complicated taking apart is it? I only have silicone spray, but that crap gets everywhere.

Its nothing like silicone spray. haha. Its called silicon sealant and its made by GE I think. Its just standard household silicone glue.

The mag is really easy to take apart, just unscrew the 4 screws in the back and use a little elbow grease to pop the o-ring seal and your open.

WARNING!!!! make sure the mag is COMPLETELY out of gas!!! I cannot emphasize this enough, I didnt have all of the gas out and when I started unscrewing it the thing literaly blew off the back end.

The sealent can be picked up at any hardware store. I got mine from OSH but im sure they have it everywhere. All the mod does is just keep the gas sealed in there and give it a little better consistency

The real mod that helps is the Shim job. Basically you cut 2 shims out of the side of a coke can and place them on the metal magazine well, not the magazine, with 15 minute metal epoxy. you place it towards the front closest to the middle of the gun. There are two small tapering empty square places and you just fit the shims onto there, you should have >1mm of space all the way around. put a thin layer of epoxy over the shim let it dry, then just place the mag well into the stock and your ready to rock and roll.

One thing I did notice that needs to be fixed right out of the box is the mag slop in the reciver, which can also be fixed at home, check out what I did to fix it. I got a soda cand and cut 2 small little squars out, for shims, and used apoxy to glue them on......

48eljjs.jpg

it was a super fast dring apoxy so this fix only took 15min or so...

2ah8dnb.jpg

now there is NO play and the valve is able to seal perfectly.

thanks to Roamer13

------------------------------------------------------------------------

One thing I did notice that needs to be fixed right out of the box is the mag slop in the reciver, which can also be fixed at home, check out what I did to fix it. I got a soda cand and cut 2 small little squars out, for shims, and used apoxy to glue them on......

48eljjs.jpg

it was a super fast dring apoxy so this fix only took 15min or so...

2ah8dnb.jpg

now there is NO play and the valve is able to seal perfectly.

thanks to Roamer13

------------------------------------------------------------------------

lol you copied that straight from me an roamers site. good job :a-famerican:

but thats exactly what I meant about shims.

My M700 AICS is shooting in the mid to high 500s with .2s, of course I am not using .2s in it. I wish I had 100 feet I could shoot at without scaring the crap out of my overcrowded neighborhood, I might be able to give you a grouping from shorter distances by this weekend, my buddy has a backyard, but its no more than 60 feet.

has anyone experienced a drastic upward curve with their rifle. I have the bg hop up and it shoots perfectly straight ahead( no horizontal variation), but at distances it ripps directly upwards. I am using Tm .3's and SIIS .33s. Could I need a heavier round?

has anyone experienced a drastic upward curve with their rifle. I have the bg hop up and it shoots perfectly straight ahead( no horizontal variation), but at distances it ripps directly upwards. I am using Tm .3's and SIIS .33s. Could I need a heavier round?

How hard are you shooting? What happens if you turn down your hop up?

I believe that the problem you are experiencing may be the result of slightly over done hop up and the simple fact that at distance your BB's velocity is lesser than that of the wind resistance acting upon the BB. I am not positive that this is the actual cause yet it is to the best of my knowledge an accurate hypothesis.

Cheers, Graham.

Edited by Graham Abram

I haven't measured the groupings with a ruler, but 10 of 10 shots at approx. 160 feet hit the A4 printer page. it was with 0,43 Straight BBs with the HU completely turned off and I haven't chronoed the rifle yet, at how many FPS it can be going then?

Is that good? because I'm kinda new to gas rifles, and with its way better than my AEG sniping tool... :D

Edited by kanzan

We've all seen what TM VSRs can do, there was a very nice thread about it here. Since I am considering getting a Tanaka boltie, I was hoping to get an idea of the accuracy of a well tuned Tanaka as well. I'm particularly interested in the long range accuracy of a good Tanaka. There are people on every forum claiming to have a simply rediculous range with their tanakas. e.g. people claiming <20'' groupings at 100 yards! At this point, I have read so many accounts of people shooting Tanaka rifles up to and even past the 100 yard mark that I no longer doubt that the rifles have the capability, but I still want someone here to post some pics, so this can be the end all be all of that particular debate.

Just a refresher on the rules. You need to post pictures of your groups, and provide a complete list of the mods done to your rifle, and what sighting device you used, the conditions of the field during the trials. Shoot 15 shots at on target, and then measure the distance between the furthest two. A tight cluster dosen't count if there is even one flier. All 15 BBs count. Range needs to be 100 feet from shooter to target, measured with reliable devices, e.g. tape measures, yardsticks laid end to end. No pacing off the distance, rough estimates or anything like that.

hi

my grouping for tanaka m700 aics

pictures and data

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/Pictures...d#entry18367584

mod and parts

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/creation...d#entry18409968

sorry my english is not good