to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Red Lion

Goggles That Work With Glasses

Guest Red Lion

I'm looking for a decent pair of goggles because I have plenty of face protection from a turkey blind and a ZUB mask that I'm planning on getting. The only problem is that I wear glasses instead of contacts and have a hard time knowing which goggles will go over glasses. Mine are smaller glasses. The goggles that I have looked at so far are the ESS thermals, the Wiley X Nerve goggles, and some Oakley goggles. Let me know what kind of goggles worked for you and whether or not any of the above work well with glasses or not. I need ones that afford good field of view, don't fog up, are durable, and cost under $90. Thanks folks. :a-salute:

I'm looking for a decent pair of goggles because I have plenty of face protection from a turkey blind and a ZUB mask that I'm planning on getting. The only problem is that I wear glasses instead of contacts and have a hard time knowing which goggles will go over glasses. Mine are smaller glasses. The goggles that I have looked at so far are the ESS thermals, the Wiley X Nerve goggles, and some Oakley goggles. Let me know what kind of goggles worked for you and whether or not any of the above work well with glasses or not. I need ones that afford good field of view, don't fog up, are durable, and cost under $90. Thanks folks. :a-salute:

ALL goggles with lenses fog up. It is a function of the humidity in the air, the heat of your face, and the temperature differential between the air trapped inside the goggles, and the outside air. If you want goggles that don't fog up, I recommend mesh goggles. I also suggest trying them on with your glasses, to make sure the sides of the faceplate don't interfere with the earpieces of your glasses.

The only way to make certain is to just keep trying them until you find one you like.

I wish there were a better answer, but this is it, in my experience.

ESS Striker series. Most places will have them under $50, and you can get surplus Land Ops goggles cheaper than that on ebay or from some surplus retailers. Spend an extra $15 ant buy a thermal lens, you'll be good to go fo all but the most extreme conditions. Couple the thermal lense with FogTech spray, and it'll never fog.

Guest Red Lion

Unfortunately fog is a real problem but there are a couple of solutions for that. I don't have much of a problem with the fog thing becuase of the solutions that there are for it. Really, all I can do is buy them off of the internet so I can't try them on before I buy them. Really I just need to know which ones it is that will fit over glasses.

I wear glasses. Unless you have some huge aviator style frames or some emo style horn-rimmed, ESS Strikers will fit. And like I said, thermal lenses are worth their weight in gold. If you search around there is a thread where someone actually put up pictures of some ESS LandOps to show how his glasses fit in them.

And because I'm such a nice guy, here's a link:

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/index.php?showtopic=62835

Edited by WeeGee

Guest Red Lion
I wear glasses. Unless you have some huge aviator style frames or some emo style horn-rimmed, ESS Strikers will fit. And like I said, thermal lenses are worth their weight in gold. If you search around there is a thread where someone actually put up pictures of some ESS LandOps to show how his glasses fit in them.

And because I'm such a nice guy, here's a link:

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/index.php?showtopic=62835

Dude, you just made my day! Those are the exact goggles that I was looking at and there are also the thermal lenses versions that looked really good. Thanks a ton! I also like the look of the Bolle glasses but I want to find the attackers, I'll keep looking.