SilentK

Tanka M700 A.c.I.s.

I am an EXTREME Newbie to sniping [yes I have read ALL the pinned and sniping is my thing] and I would like to know if this gun is a good Newbie gun. [The tanka m700 is a very handsome gun.] and I also have some questions about this gun

1. How long will this gun last me if I use green gas and take good care of it.

2.I hear that you can hit a standing person a 300 ft and a head at 250ft is this true?

3.Can it take red gas?

4. Is this a loud gun?

5. does it have many upgrades?

-Thank you for all your help!!

I wouldnt think it would be the best gun for a newbie, I would go with the vsr series. gas rifles arent consistent enough to learn on I wouldnt think.

1) a pretty long time. just maintain it well.

2) if you are a good shot, then yes.

3) it can take red gas but I wouldnt advise it. already pumping out pretty high fps on green

4) no, almost silent. I was in a vietnamese hut (aka long time hut) defending our base today. it was me (m4a1 400fps), a tm m3 shotty and an m700 and I couldnt hear it when he shot it most of the time.

5) upgrades; anything that fits the m700 will fit I would think

hope that helps

I am an EXTREME Newbie to sniping [yes I have read ALL the pinned and sniping is my thing] and I would like to know if this gun is a good Newbie gun. [The tanka m700 is a very handsome gun.] and I also have some questions about this gun

1. How long will this gun last me if I use green gas and take good care of it. My M40's lasted me over a year no problem.

2.I hear that you can hit a standing person a 300 ft and a head at 250ft is this true? I would have to say thats a lie. Your gonna have to do some tweaking and fix some stuff to get it firing that well.

3.Can it take red gas? Yes but the mag may not hold up too long

4. Is this a loud gun? not at all, theres a semi-loud snapping pop from the first few round but other than that its really quiet

5. does it have many upgrades? yup. Just check around.

-Thank you for all your help!!

2.I hear that you can hit a standing person a 300 ft and a head at 250ft is this true?

It could after firing many - many- rounds.

But for the most part, I wouldn't count on it.

Here is why I think that.

ARMS magazine does 20m(65ft) testings on all long range airsoft rifles it reviews. TM VSR-10 pro-sniper's 10 shot grouping was 58mm(2.3 inches). TANAKA M700 AICS was 172mm. That's 6.5 inch grouping at 65 feet. At least in short range, VSR does better.

My best with VSR is 4.8 inches at 100 feet(33m). That's on the good side, if you search around. I can't shoot best all the time, average grouping would be about 6 inches at 100 feet. I haven't done 150 feet target test, but my guess would be 8-10 inches. Head shot would be possible only in a couple shots. At 200 feet, my grouping would be 16-20 inches. Torso shots would be possible but not with a single shot. Most likely, I would have 50% chance of tagging a standing man from 200 feet with a single shot.

Even if Tanaka M700 AICS is as accurate as VSR, to take a head shot from 250 feet, you would have to fire many shots. It's not the rifle, it's the ammo. 0.3g BB has a limit to how accurate it can be, no matter how fast it flies. If you upgrade to shoot 500-600fps, and shoot 0.43g BBs, your chance will increase dramatically, but still, 300ft is very far away. Try a laser from that distance, even with a beam of light, it's not that easy. If you want to hit something small from 250 feet away, forget hitting people. Get yourself a cheap .22 cal target rifle. That will give you that much accuracy.

You may hear people say, "oh, yeah, I tagged a guy in the head from 300 feet." It may be true. But he doesn't tell you how many times he missed, or how many targets he had given up at that distance. It's a fisherman's tale, the best case scenario. He may have tagged that man only after 5 shots, but if you consider that he had fired 20 times on a different target from same distance and given up before, you are looking at a 4% chance, maybe even less. But that's because 300 feet is not really a realistic airsoft range. Real life story is little bit less glorious, isn't it? For the most part, you cannot expect to be that lucky at that distance. Then again, since Tanaka is a gas rifle, you can keep on shooting without tiring your arm like you would with a VSR.

Edited by Von Luck

Hey! Im a 130 pound 14 year old and I can squat 300 (is there anyone else out there who knows what that is?, I sure hope so)

School record :) Isn't it fantastic what a wieght lifting class can do for u?!!!

Edited by Christafuarion

Hey! Im a 130 pound 14 year old and I can squat 300 (is there anyone else out there who knows what that is?, I sure hope so)

School record :) Isn't it fantastic what a wieght lifting class can do for u?!!!

box squat or parallel?

I can box like 375 and im 14 years old 165 pounds. but parallel I can only do like 225 pounds.

good job on a school record though. I would have to squat like more than 500 pounds to get a school record.

and yes it is fantastic what a weight training class can do for you!

I don't know what parralel is (some people use differant names for the same thing). The record was 310 for a 90 degree knee poistion squat. I got 320. 350 for box squat.

Isn't the m700 a little expensive for a starter? Maybe u are rich. A lot of people say it is too complicated for a Newbie, but thats what they said when they told me not to open my gearbox, and I did, and it was super easy. Pretty much if you are not a dumb :censored2:, and you pm people who have the gun for tips (not me) you will be fine. Otherwise it is great for a defensive sinping position (and just general sniping) get a db custom barrel, and some heavy weigh bbs, and you will be rockin.

There is this guy at our school (junier) 123 weight class, he dead lifted 590 lbs... (world record) Im just gald to be his friend.

Cheers!

I don't know what parralel is (some people use differant names for the same thing). The record was 310 for a 90 degree knee poistion squat. I got 320. 350 for box squat.

Isn't the m700 a little expensive for a starter? Maybe u are rich. A lot of people say it is too complicated for a Newbie, but thats what they said when they told me not to open my gearbox, and I did, and it was super easy. Pretty much if you are not a dumb :censored2:, and you pm people who have the gun for tips (not me) you will be fine. Otherwise it is great for a defensive sinping position (and just general sniping) get a db custom barrel, and some heavy weigh bbs, and you will be rockin.

There is this guy at our school (junier) 123 weight class, he dead lifted 590 lbs... (world record) Im just gald to be his friend.

Cheers!

The M700 is a good price... And it's DEF! not complicated... Plug in gas, pull bolt. Shoot...

I would definetly no recommend this gun to a beginner. Go for a good $130-$170 spring rifle to start out with. My first sniper rifle was the UTG Shadow Ops Sniper rifle(or mk96 or l96 whatever) great beginner's sniper rifle though. :a-thumbsup:

ehh im the type of guy that wants to get something awesome first time im not the guy that wants to spend money and "test drive" something but thanks any way

I would suggest you will not consistantly hit targets at that range. It takes 1000+ shots to run in the rifle then performance really picks up. I would not open fire on a head sized target at 250ft. Remember tanaka AICS rifles are more limited when it comes to ammunition, just because of having to re-gas and the expense and large size of the magazines.

Personally I would say for a beginner, the VSR (or clone of it) is easily the best gun. It has the leading design of hop up and performs better than a gas rifle just because it is very very consistant (if you test it on a chronograph).

I suggest the m40a1 is also a great rifle (I have a preban PCS black version) and as long as you can get an unrestricted model, then it's the tanaka to go for due to its much lighter weight and low price. I far prefer the thumb over stock to a pistol grip, but thats just me.

Good Hunting :a-thumbsup:

I would suggest you will not consistantly hit targets at that range. It takes 1000+ shots to run in the rifle then performance really picks up. I would not open fire on a head sized target at 250ft. Remember tanaka AICS rifles are more limited when it comes to ammunition, just because of having to re-gas and the expense and large size of the magazines.

Personally I would say for a beginner, the VSR (or clone of it) is easily the best gun. It has the leading design of hop up and performs better than a gas rifle just because it is very very consistant (if you test it on a chronograph).

I suggest the m40a1 is also a great rifle (I have a preban PCS black version) and as long as you can get an unrestricted model, then it's the tanaka to go for due to its much lighter weight and low price. I far prefer the thumb over stock to a pistol grip, but thats just me.

Good Hunting :a-thumbsup:

Thanks well I bought a pellet rifle..... I love it...but I just cant let airsoft go. I have considered a vsr but 6 inch grouping at 100 feet!?!? if I put a scope on my glock it can do 8 inches at 100 feet lol. so I am thinking of a ca m16 semi only, 500fps so just leave me to my google I guess.

I think its a great begginer rifle, its simple to use and you do not need to get tons of stuff and install them to make it a skirmishable rifle unlike other spring rifles and low cost gas ones. However, if you want accuracy at extended range you are going to want a Maruzen Type 96, BUT unless you do your arm curls and pull ups you wont be able to fire 10 shots without your arm going numb. Plus it the total cost with be around 650 before it can stand up to the Tanaka, where as to get the Tanaka shootin gperfect you'll spend about 550, and its eaier to upgrade.

Edited by JAWS22

I wouldnt think it would be the best gun for a newbie, I would go with the vsr series. gas rifles arent consistent enough to learn on I wouldnt think.

1) a pretty long time. just maintain it well.

2) if you are a good shot, then yes.

3) it can take red gas but I wouldnt advise it. already pumping out pretty high fps on green

4) no, almost silent. I was in a vietnamese hut (aka long time hut) defending our base today. it was me (m4a1 400fps), a tm m3 shotty and an m700 and I couldnt hear it when he shot it most of the time.

5) upgrades; anything that fits the m700 will fit I would think

hope that helps

at what FPS does ur tananka need to be to hit a person 250ft away?

I'll say 500fps + but it maybe possible much lower, I've just never set my m40a1 to less than that and often had it 550fps (PCS).

Spring rifles can also fire that far at much lower power. They can achieve more HOP and therefore more flat range which aids in longer range shooting. I have shot a mansized target on a firing range with another guys factory standard G-SPEC at 70m (measured) thats just under 250ft . The gun chronographed at 300fps on the dot (0.20g) but we used TM 0.25g ammo.

There was wind and I managed 2 hits in a row at best. However with my TW m40a1 using 0.30g and around 500fps only managed 2 hits in a row at best too. I would speculate to achieve 300ft (over 90m) you would need a rifle firing far more power to have any realistic chance of such a long lob shot with so many variable factors due to wind, smooth bores and spherical lightweight pellets.

Also the picture in your sig, is the advert for the WEBTEX CONCEALMENT VEST I use. Click HERE for my review of it.

Good Hunting

VSR is good... a couple months ago when I took my real steels out for some runs I set a target up at 50yards to mess with the VSR and kept all the shots on standard printer paper. Not too bad at all for a stock marui vsr pro. I stopped shooting after a mag though cause for some reason it just did not feel right so I went back to real steels.

BTW: Because the VSR shot so good stock I threw all the money I set aside for it to make it look good. I am going to be adding a 120 spring in soon.

That aside... Gas guns also require good stable temps to make them more accurate. Plus they take gas, with a spring all you need is bbs. I have however thought about getting an AICS, but with the USMC trading in all their a1 stocks for a4 stocks I think I am going to wait for Tanaka to make the M40A3 and will get that if they ever do.

AICS I think is fine to start with but VSR is better.

Edited by dakine

you literally just described me exactly

Hey man. This is a necro-post, which are generally looked down upon here, with exceptions. If you check the last post, you'll see that it was posted August 1st of last year... This conversation is very much dead...

Edit: Where did you even find this thread?

Edited by Spudenater

Hey man. This is a necro-post, which are generally looked down upon here, with exceptions. If you check the last post, you'll see that it was posted August 1st of last year... This conversation is very much dead...

Edit: Where did you even find this thread?

I wonder that too, as someone grabbed a sale thread from like 05 if I remember right, but atleast he pulled up a old topic that had lots of good info in it.

I wonder that too, as someone grabbed a sale thread from like 05 if I remember right, but atleast he pulled up a old topic that had lots of good info in it.

Wow.. looking back on my own quote.. Did I really talk like that? It's been a long time.. How embarrassing..

Chris