to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sniper assassin

If You Were Outnumbered And Told To Surrender

If you were surrounded by a dozen enemies  

752 members have voted

1. 1. I would

• Surrender
    • Try to take a few of them down with me
    • Make a last fighting effort (not a kamikaze)
    • RUN

For me it really depends. If I have room to move and I have a remote chance of dropping a few thats, the route I am taking, but if I am staring down the business end of someones gun, I'm gonna surrender. I've been in 3v1, 4v1, 5v1 etc, with the most being a 8v1 and I have to say, if you can do hit and runs and ambush when possible, it can be fairly easy to thin them down or even win depending on how smart they are.

This thing is like 2 months old, please don't necropost

Yes I have read the rules and I feel that rule is strict in this situation.

He did offer some tac info for those who are new to this sport can read and apply that to a situation if one is to occur.

I don't want to debate this here for that is not the topic. pm me if anyone wants to.

Since I am posting my opinion on the poll......

I am joining the Marines in the September (if I can bring my running time down to 3 miles in 24 minutes), I have been pondering about all the situations I could be in. And watching Black Hawk Down I came to the conculsion that if I am down and the enemy is trying to take me as a hostage. I would save a grenade or a mag and use it on them and take as many of them down as I can. For being a POW to anyone but the United States is going to be torture.

So in airsoft I would fight till the end.

you make a last fighting effort.

Even if you're out of ammo

Lol I was playin with these guys (real @$$holes) anyway we were out of ammo and they we yelled we out of ammo and they kept shooting so we started throw crap at them. Sticks rocks etc lol we won cause they were scared of rocks hitting them in the face bamm :a-wink::a-laugh:

I don't know if you've read the rules, but you're not supposed to necropost unless 1) it says "necro exempt" or 2) you have something important to add. No one wants to see a two month old topic pop up to the top again.

Double posting isn't much better.

I would probably surrender, because that is closest to the rules we play.

id, probaly pick option 2. ive had 2 guys come up behind me and try to surrender me. I turned around with my sniper rifle, I was wearing a ghillie, and said I will shoot. they both said please don't shoot. and they ended up surrendering to me. :a-laugh:

if I felt like being 1337 I would sersouly try to back flip and dual wield adn return fire to each sides. if not then I would just pull out my mini airsoft bazooka slowly then shoot and duck at teh same time. or if I had claymores (wich I wuld strategically set up around me) I would set them all off while hitting the floor. BAM! PROBLEM SOLVED!

If I found myself in a situation like that, where I was cornered, I would first try to fall back, to a better position. If I couldnt do that, I would engage them, and fight to the end. Surrendering would be a waste of money.

I am a former front-man for a paintball team so I'm not afraid of being shot at :a-laugh:

I wouldn't say going out guns blazing is the best idea. But take your time and try to pick off a few of them. I was in a paintball match, 3 guys left versus me. I was in the front (front of my side, the middle of the field), two of them were in the back, and one was in the middle (middle of his side, about 7 feet into their side of the field). I took him out just after he took my last teammate. Then I belly-crawled back a bunker and shot one of the back players who was advancing from the back-right to the front right. The last guy was (who was in the back left) freaking out cuz I had just taken out two of his mates and he thought I was still in the front. So I just ran around to the right back on his side (like a half-pincer movement) and took him out without him even seeing me.

Morals of the story: Don't surrender, don't stay in one spot the whole time (move when appropriate), and use fear to your advantage.

I know paintball and airsoft are quite different but the tactics are almost the same.

Guest jimbobby

Assuming that their telling me to surrender does not activate the "BANG" rule, I would radio in for support and try to hold them off for as long as possible.

Guest Metacog

In airsoft:

I'd do a "Strategic Fallback" to another location as fast as I could, then wait for back up and keep my head down.

While I ran, of course, I'd take shots back at them.

In reality:

I'd surrender, give them false information and wait for my people to liberate me.

OK the dude in front of me had to bring up heritage...

So heres mine:

I'd kill everything in sight by being smart just like the Leon Knights of Spain.

Using the brutality of my Great Great Grandfather Geronimo

While eating Dutch Chocolate....

Sorry, sorry, I know this is a bit old, but I felt like I had to say this.

I would take as many with me before I died. In real life and airsoft.

Why Real-life?

I don't want to lose my head on TV.

Why Airsoft?

Because it's just for fun and I can. LOL

Flip my M14 to full auto and pump my opponent full of .20g BBs.

Sorry, once again I know this is old, but I feel this is an interesting topic to discuss.

I'd take a stand, fire at the enemy, and hope that I take a few of them with me to the respawn.

But, in practice, doing that led to the banning of a number of my teammates from a particular field, and the derailing of an OP, so it may not be the ideal strategy in every situation.

Really, how?

I voted surrender because that happened to me once, 3 guys with snipers were aiming at my head and said surrender or be shot, the "bang" rule was suspended for that match.

I would be like the 101st Airborne at Bastogne. To quote from the Band of Brothers book by Stephen E. Ambrose:

"There followed the four paragraph message 'to the USA Commander of the encircled town of Bastogne' from 'the German Commander,' demanding an 'honorable surrender to save the encircled USA troops from total annihilation.'... The German commander received the following reply:... 'to the German Commander: NUTS! The American Commander.'"

I think we all know what happened after that. :a-famerican:

Or... "They've got us surrounded... the poor bastards"

Guest Luftwaffe

15 feet or closer: Safety kill as many as I can before I am safety killed back. Probably get 3 or so.

More than 15 feet: Slowly switch my fire selector to "full auto" and spray and pray the circumfrence of the circle. Probably get 6 or so.

Guest shisk

Honest to /THOU SHALT NOT USE MY NAME IN VAIN/, I hate the new setup because alot of people wont read this. is someone asks you to surrender.. even if it is a group, just point your gun and yell out safety kill... that will say no. but the truth is they gave you a chance.. you just killed them.

Honest to /THOU SHALT NOT USE MY NAME IN VAIN/, I hate the new setup because alot of people wont read this. is someone asks you to surrender.. even if it is a group, just point your gun and yell out safety kill... that will say no. but the truth is they gave you a chance.. you just killed them.

What do you mean the new setup? The forums havn't changed, we've only brought back the old, beloved, MILSPEC skin, which you can change at your leisure. And regardless, that doesn't prevent people from reading this, what are you talking about? Most people won't read this because they don't care on the many opinions on this matter, because in reality, a surrender = bang/safety kill, just worded differently. So when they get an email saying there was a post here, many people probably don't come check.

Guest osu5312

You go down in a blaze of glory, your going to die, might as well let the crazy out. How I would do it? First, I would just simply shout, "Der Sieger wird nie gefragt werden, wenn er die Wahrheit erzählt hat!!" German for, "The victor will never be asked if he told the truth!!" Then, do my best.

When I hear "surrender," I treat it as a safety kill usually. If it's a sniper (the ones that I usually end up around) at 15+ft, I'd run. I'm a tall skinny short-distance maniac. I once called out a surrender against a guy camping down behind a big fallen tree. His buddy popped up and started shooting at me. Then he popped up and started shooting at me. I quickly raised my gun, fired ten shots, turned my back, and ran while firing behind me (Worst... Idea... Ever... Don't do it.). I was a freakin' Ninja in that thick brush. For the most part (got hit for one out of two lives), I was simply moving too fast to hit.

If they had been polite, they would have shot me from 30ft away instead of waiting until I was within 20ft of them. It was one of the brand new JG M4s. Around 380 fps. It was a month ago. I still have the welt on my arm.

Moral of the story: Let the adrenaline flow through your body and run like Satan himself were chasing you. Maybe he should rename that gun "Satan..."

When I'm in a REAllY bad situation, I usually put my AKSU up to my head so the barrel is pointing behind my head, and fire. In our field this counts as suicide but I usually only do it if my only gun broke, or some other sh***y situation. It's "different", but it works. :a-cheesy: