Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gergify

Some Fn P90 Questionz

Guest Gergify

Ok as I have been saying for the last month (hehe) I will be going to ASJ for a new AEG primary. Of course I will look at TMs P90s (TR and standred). But I will be playing in wooded areas, and I want to know how well the p90 will preform in wooded situations. I know its a bull pup so it has a pretty long barrel for its size.

Second. The age old question.... Would you guys prefer a TR over Standred? I've heard the the Standreds scope has poor eye relief and over all isn't a very good scope. But the black color is way better then the TR's gray.

Third, I'm cerious about this mod..... http://tacticalairsoftshop.com/catalog/ima...P90%20PARTS.JPG . Not this exact one from this company, but I've simiular ones for sale. How hard would it be to upgrade this my self? Is the upgrade worth it? lastly, is the upgraded version even made in the real steel?

Edited by Gergify

As much as I like the Nitro vo rail on the P90. that whole gun is pretty hideous. As specially the boxmag conversion. Anyhow, a standard P90 can still use in the outdoor woodland area but M4 length will still going to out range you. So you'll have to move quick and shoot at a closer range. I would recommend upgrade to 350 FPS, install a m4 length inner barrel and use another outer barrel to over it. Also, I'm not a fan to use any scope and reddot... they are more for the look then being useful... unless you use a Reflex sight or a EoTech which is quite costly.

my p90 is great in woodland. Its not greatly outranged by my friends tm m16a2 510 mm barrel. His is a little more accurate but not like you automatically lose. I have the tr version and the gray gives it a good contrast and blends in better during the day in my opinion. Its also dark enough where its not like ridiculous. Hope this helps! :a-thumbsup: I definitly recommend the p90 and I like the nito vo rail, not the m4 conversion though

One of my friends has both versions, and from what I've seen and from experience using both, I would say they're more than suited for woodland. (I use a CA m15 rifle and his guns about match mine.) Also, if you get the TR version, you can also mount lasers and flashlights, etc. So in case you play CQB one day, you can mount extras. (He got the M6 kit- it blinds me : ()

Personally, I would reccomend the TR, then again I'm just a fan of accessories, but ultimately, it's what you're comfortable with.

Anyways, hope you get the gun you're looking for.

Ok as I have been saying for the last month (hehe) I will be going to ASJ for a new AEG primary. Of course I will look at TMs P90s (TR and standred). But I will be playing in wooded areas, and I want to know how well the p90 will preform in wooded situations. I know its a bull pup so it has a pretty long barrel for its size.

Second. The age old question.... Would you guys prefer a TR over Standred? I've heard the the Standreds scope has poor eye relief and over all isn't a very good scope. But the black color is way better then the TR's gray.

Third, I'm cerious about this mod..... http://tacticalairsoftshop.com/catalog/ima...P90%20PARTS.JPG . Not this exact one from this company, but I've simiular ones for sale. How hard would it be to upgrade this my self? Is the upgrade worth it? lastly, is the upgraded version even made in the real steel?

I like red dot. The scope is small, but it's usable.

As per your mod, I know a lot of people like the "rail to the teeth" look. But if you'd ask me, I think it looks like broken refrigerator parts glued together. I'm sure same kind of mod can be made in real steel version, but think about the purpose of P90.

P90 was developed to provide adaquet protection for aircrews and tank crews who don't have enough room for M4 or AK. The purpose if P90 is to be as small as a sub-machine gun, but have enough fire power to fight off body armored troops. Attach that much stuff, the advantage of P90 is lost. If you are a general ordering arms for troops, would you bother attaching that much junk to kill off the size and weight advantage? You might order cheaper and powerful AK. P90's purpose is to provide a fierce sting in a small package. It's not meant to be the carrier for lights, knives, and forks. But it's your money. Do what you want to do with it.

I like red dot. The scope is small, but it's usable.

I agree, I like the reddot alot, and though somewhat small, is still very useable. And in woodland, it preforms fine, even stock. But upgrades are useful. And I would recommend the standard, integrated reddot sight, still has a RIS rail, so your not dumping as much extra money it reddots and such, and it looks cool. And it compliments SG-1 loadouts veryyy nicely :a-thumbsup:

Edited by Saber_Dart

Guest juansinanos

Yeah, get the standard P-90. I believe there are also iron sites on top as well as the integrated red dot where the TR doesn't have any stock siting system.

The only problem with the P-90 is the small selection when it comes to mags and tac gear to hold the mags. If you can deal with that, it is smooth sailing from there.

Edited by juansinanos

The TR has iron sights built into the top rail.

Yes, red dot version has iron sights on the left and right side of the red dot.

Iron sights are like emergency aiming tool only.

But I guess you can make use of it.

Edited by Von Luck

Guest Gergify
meh... most people when come to play just follow the BB's Trails.

Iron sight... red dot.... useless.

If that is true then the p90 is a very good choice...... I don't know how close the design of the TM one is to the real steel (I'm guessing its pretty close), but the real steel has very fast aiming time. It can be shouldered and firing very fast.

O and did TM change anything when re-relased the Red Dot version?

Edited by Gergify

O and did TM change anything when re-relased the Red Dot version?

TM is known for making exact replica. I would assume that they made an exact copy.

It's very easy to use.

I have heard that they made the sight's lens thicker so it would not be broken when shot, but I cannot confirm that.

Also I have heard that single shot would not work properly after a while in older version, and that they made that better. But somebody else said that single shots worked fine on previous version. Obviously, I cannot confirm that either.

Guest Gergify
TM is known for making exact replica. I would assume that they made an exact copy.

It's very easy to use.

I have heard that they made the sight's lens thicker so it would not be broken when shot, but I cannot confirm that.

Also I have heard that single shot would not work properly after a while in older version, and that they made that better. But somebody else said that single shots worked fine on previous version. Obviously, I cannot confirm that either.

I'm cerious... how would you replace that? can you buy a new reciever?

Edited by Gergify