Ochronic

G&g M14 Takedown/gearbox Takedown!

Well I got brave tonight and decided to pull apart my gearbox to install a Systema M130 spring. First problem arose when I tried taking the motor off. I guess I pulled too hard and one of the red wires BROKE IN HALF. Thats right, it snapped like a twig. So now I have to go out to Home Depot and get some solder to put it back together. After about 10 times of pieces flying out upon installation of the new spring, I think I have everything back together right.

Question: Does the teeth position of the big black gear that is directly underneath the piston matter when reinstalling? I'm guessing the motor (when installed) will spin until it makes a complete turn or until the piston is pulled back and released.

Oh and I need to buy a small C-clamp to hold the upper halves of the gearbox together so I can snap on that piece of metal that covers the hole in the top of the gearbox.

Edited by YesOfficer

anyone else have any problems with taking out the little pin on the LEFT side of the gun?? mine wont seem to come out and im wondering if there is a relatively easy way to do it.

thanks in advanced

The pin holding the slide catch in place? I just take a small allen wrench, put it up against the side of the receiver and hit the top with a heavy wrench.