to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
XBassDudex

Your Farthest "kill"

If I was playing the sniper position and had a clean shot of FIVE guys in a firefight, I would have taken the opportunity to slaughter all of them... Especially if it was a 10 man team total, wouldn't you?

Actually, I wouldn't. If I fired 5 shots, at least one member of the opposing team is going to recognize where they're coming from. If I only take five out, there's five more that know where I am, and those don't sound like good odds to me.

Actually, I wouldn't. If I fired 5 shots, at least one member of the opposing team is going to recognize where they're coming from. If I only take five out, there's five more that know where I am, and those don't sound like good odds to me.

Eh, I guess I see your point, but for me, If I was in camoflage, and was observing a firefight where I could easily eliminate a majority of the opposing team, I would do it as fast as I could. Think about it. Shots are being exchanged, so there is already a lot of noise, and if dead people don;t talk. All people see is people calling themselves out, which is quite common in an airsoft game. And even if I was discovered, I would have eliminated half of the opfor, and I still have a run and retreat behind friendly lines plan at my disposal. And If I died, big deal, It's a game, everybody dies every once in a while, and even though we like to think so, us snipers DO die.

lol, besides, it would be a great story.

Ps. I'm not arguing... Think of this as... a discusion

and if dead people don;t talk.

Ps. I'm not arguing... Think of this as... a discusion

I know you're not arguing Chris :a-kiss: . Me and you both know who argues and who doesn't. Anyway, dead people do talk now and then, and they get away with it. That is one of the main reasons that I wouldn't fire on them. Also, I believe that this would be an excellent topic for discussion among our resident snipers. Do you want to start it or do you want me to take the load off of your shoulders?

my farthest was (beleive it or not) with a Super 9 sniper rifle from about 160 ft. it was amazing

I'm curious, what angle did you aim at, 70 degrees? Also, you stole my user name :a-angry: .

I know you're not arguing Chris :a-kiss: . Me and you both know who argues and who doesn't. Anyway, dead people do talk now and then, and they get away with it. That is one of the main reasons that I wouldn't fire on them. Also, I believe that this would be an excellent topic for discussion among our resident snipers. Do you want to start it or do you want me to take the load off of your shoulders?

Would you? I am doing HW and this at the same time, so...

Yes... sometimes dead people do talk... but let me tell you this:

I was involved in a 2v2 game a looonnng time ago, and basically the plan was (I had a ghillie and my ... er.. I believe stock vsr) my buddie was to dig himself in at our end of the field and simply stay alive for as long as he could. I was to basically sprint around the other side of the field and come in from behind them. I did, and my friend stayed alive, and I saw one of the two opfors exchanging shots and coordinating with his buddy. Me, being in earshot, relayed their plan to my friend. Then, I took a shot, standing from 30 ft away, hit him in the back.. I WAS STANDING UP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD. He looks around, and RIGHT at me, and shruggs, and starts shooting at my friend again. Next I shot him in the back of his head, the only exposed part of his body (he was wearing a lot of clothes) and the turns around... looks, and I have to wave both my arms at him and say, I've hit you twice now, you wanna go sit down? He looks down, and trudges to the safe zone.

From this I learned to trust my ghillie, as it works REALLY well. I have pulled off in game stunts where I have been within 5 feet of the enemy, just listening to what they say.

Now, longbow, I can't remember, do you where a ghillie? I remeber one senior member doesn't... is it you?

I honestly think that I cannot be seen in a game when I am prone. It may be a weakness... but it has never happened. I have been spotted walking, crawling and jumping streams, but never when I was still.

I just want to say to all those who are knew to sniping out there... It is the most awsome experience being in plain sight... but invisible to everyone. It;s better than pulling off that 350 ft. shot. It's better than killing the entire team with only you and your spotter, and its only a little better than planning an ambush and watching it unfold before your very eyes.

Chris

EDIT: You and the fake longbow posted before me and... all I have to say is lool

Edited by Christafuarion

EDIT: You and the fake longbow posted before me and... all I have to say is lool

I think I might have to hunt him down and kill him for his crimes. Back on topic, I am that member who doesn't use a ghillie suit. I have created one and implemented it, and I found it ultimately to be an annoyance. It did camouflage me well, but too many bugs and other creatures became tangled in it, and it became extremely hot during summer skirmishes.

I have felt the feeling that you describe, and I must say that it is invigorating. As Chris said, it is a great feeling, but I have to say that taking out a member of the opposing team at 320 feet felt a bit better.

Chris, I'm typing up the topic as you're reading this.

Longbow :a-famerican:

Well figured I would post this, a guy interested in buying my maruzen did not believe a 300 ft shot was possible, so here is me doing just that.

That's quite impressive 762. It's good to know that your shot was "the real deal."

Edited by longbow419

That's quite impressive 762. I must say that I'm sad to see that you and your Maruzen are parting ways :a-jester: .

eh I am not 100% sure, I was going to use the money to build a PDI M40A3 (TM VSR PDI parts m40 stock), but I came across some other funds so I may not have to sell the type 96. I mean I know the VSR's are good but I have never really tuned them to be able to know if they can shoot like my maruzen. The superior hop up system tells me yes, but the fact I can not have a tightbore between 430mm and 554 mm is annoying, and also the choice of if I want to go 554mm PDI .01 barrel or 430mm PDI .04 barrel has been taxing on my mind.

haha and the real deal part was just because my whole team and I thought the situation was funny that I would have to go video tape a stupid shot to prove it could. (If you listen closely in the background you can hear my buddy say "he wants an extra 100 dollars for this" from the guy buying the gun)

Edited by 762

eh I am not 100% sure, I was going to use the money to build a PDI M40A3 (TM VSR PDI parts m40 stock), but I came across some other funds so I may not have to sell the type 96. I mean I know the VSR's are good but I have never really tuned them to be able to know if they can shoot like my maruzen. The superior hop up system tells me yes, but the fact I can not have a tightbore between 430mm and 554 mm is annoying, and also the choice of if I want to go 554mm PDI .01 barrel or 430mm PDI .04 barrel has been taxing on my mind.

haha and the real deal part was just because my whole team and I thought the situation was funny that I would have to go video tape a stupid shot to prove it could. (If you listen closely in the background you can hear my buddy say "he wants an extra 100 dollars for this" from the guy buying the gun)

Well, it was quite the shot. Windy, 300 ft. STANDING.. lol, you must be an excellent marksman. I tip my hat to you.

(Although... It was a very large target)

Well, it was quite the shot. Windy, 300 ft. STANDING.. lol, you must be an excellent marksman. I tip my hat to you.

(Although... It was a very large target)

It was what a sniper would normally be firing at, so I think the target was reasonable. I agree with you about the standing part though. 762 just gave the sling a quick wrap around his hand, cycled the bolt, and delivered a hit at 100 yards. It was, again, quite impressive.

really people just underestimate the sling, a properly set sling provides a lot of stability. Also you just have to really be sure that you tuck your arm into your body for the most support possible.

I think most of the members here would enjoy an elaboration on that.

I certainly would!

I think most of the members here would enjoy an elaboration on that.

I certainly would!

Watch his video again. If you do it right, when you wrap the sling around your arm and tuck your elbow against your body the rifle is rock-solid, even one handed.

It's a pretty standard thing: I'll look around to see if I can find something on the net that describes it well.

I'm new to airsoft sniper rifles so I have a MP001 with the sling that comes with it. after watching the video I tried that method of using the sling, and it works! It's not as wobly as using no sling.

Back on topic: My practice range at my house isn't large so about 75 feet. But with my MP001 and Winchester 4x32 scope I can hit it every time. :a-yesnod:

with my UTG M324 upgraded (about to sell that sucker), I hit a dude storming up a hill from about 225 (no joke) I was a defensive sniper in that scenario. I just aimed about 10ft above him and it just seeked him and his him in the shoulder (probably was only going like 2 fps but I got the kill :a-thumbsup: )

Darn, im sure intrestead in buying it now....how much, im serious

please.

my range in 4 to about 15 dollars, just kidding. you put at least 1000$ into that gun right?

Edited by shadowsnipe00

with my UTG M324 upgraded (about to sell that sucker), I hit a dude storming up a hill from about 225 (no joke) I was a defensive sniper in that scenario. I just aimed about 10ft above him and it just seeked him and his him in the shoulder (probably was only going like 2 fps but I got the kill :a-thumbsup: )

your sig is so.... hipnotizing. ha, I was just staring at it for about 5 minutes. :a-gross:

yeah, I would have shot a a paper target or somthing to prove that he hit it though. not that I don't believe him, just that some people might not. really great shot though.

also what upgrade do you have on that gun?

Edited by shadowsnipe00

I guess I must have gotten a really good UTG m14 because I have a 3 confirmed Head shots at 195, 200 and 215 feet. All were measured within 2 minutes of the shot. I'm in the R.O.T.C. at my college and we use airsoft guns for our labs. After every "skirmish" we would see how far our kills were. I was using a BSA 3-9x scope. Other than that, all stock!

I guess I must have gotten a really good UTG m14 because I have a 3 confirmed Head shots at 195, 200 and 215 feet. All were measured within 2 minutes of the shot. I'm in the R.O.T.C. at my college and we use airsoft guns for our labs. After every "skirmish" we would see how far our kills were. I was using a BSA 3-9x scope. Other than that, all stock!

This is what we call a necro post. Please don't revive old threads.

Anyways since you revived it I'll post my new longest kill.

I had a confirmed headshot at 285ft with my upgraded Bar-10. Shots like those make me smile with joy :a-grin: .

totman

This is what we call a necro post. Please don't revive old threads.

Anyways since you revived it I'll post my new longest kill.

I had a confirmed headshot at 285ft with my upgraded Bar-10. Shots like those make me smile with joy :a-grin: .

totman

Just curious, but what upgrades have you put into your gun? Thanks.

-CMS

Guest SkatinBeast

I randomly shot into the woods once and hit a sniper in the face from about 275 feet...the game was almost over so I was just emptying my clip and he scared the hell out of me when he stood up and was like im out

Outdoors: 140 yards. With MANY Witness at a public game (Fort Ord, Seaside California in 2006)

Indoors: 150+ yards, with a NVS scope, at night, with a few dozen Witnesses <AT> AREA51 (San Jose California 2007)

Both shots were made with Righthook built Rifles shooting 600fps on High Pressure Air.

Anyone have doubts?

Go to Fresnoairsoft.com and just ask about the long sniper shots taken around that area, and who made them.

Then go to www.righthookfabrication.com and see the rifles that WILL do it.

Mike

Edited by LongShot

Well Im gonna be truthful, about 30-50 feet. We play woodland but it is kinds QCB because it is very think woods with paths running though it. Also I use a JG G36c soo. But my longest hit is probably 70-80 feet but me play weird rules so he wasnt out but he was hit. Target wise I believe I can hit around 100' fairly accurately (maybe 8/100 with my stock G36c) but its not really practical at our field.

My furthest confirmed kill was around 242 feet. This was verified by a range finder right after the shot was taken. I have kills past that mark but I haven't ever measured them, so its not really confirmed. This shot was taken with my CA G3 SG1 upgraded to DMR status. :a-wink:

Not really a kill, but 186ft at an 8x8x8 cardboard box using a stock Bar 10 with the following modifications: airbrake, teflon on cylinder head, E-tape (spring noise), teflon where hopup bucking meets barrel. 8/10

Other than that, using a walmart famas ( fantastic plastic springer, cybergun?) got an unconfirmed kill at 150 feet. I was playing with a friend. He doesn't like to call his outs sometimes. I measured a shot at 136 feet shooting at an 8x8x8 cardboard box. Accuracy was somewhere around 5/10.

about 150 feet today. My bar-10 was not working so I used a friends sniper with my scope. I was aiming at two people behind on tree from their backs. I was using black bb's with no scope. so I had to use sound and a bit of vision to adjust, but after about 5 shots I got both of them. then went back to hiding in the field of ferns as they passed me again. We play with touch the base re spawn rules.

My farthest was a measured 186 feet. The guy stood there in the open and waived at me thinking I couldn't hit him, and the BB hit him in his forearm, and he looked down in time for it to ricochet off his arm into his face. It was hilarious really.

The shot was with my Maruzen CA870, shooting .28 BBs. (TSD I believe, but it was a long time ago.)

ALOT of people are very bad at estimating range, so I wouldn't be suprised if a lot of these are way off but here are mine with my CA m24 with advanced cylinder kit 6.01 and .36's (.4's are just too heavy for me) after two shots it was around 230-240 ft... The only way that show was possible was that there was no wind and the guy I shot at was standing completely still. My spotter called at 240 with the range finder but he moved a little before the shot. We got out to 280 ft when we were seeing how far it could go but that was more luck cause the wind carried it in.