to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
vertigo0000

Ca Or Tm M16?

Hi, I don't know much about CA or TM because ive never owned either type of gun. I am buying an M16a3 and upgrading it completely. getting full metel kit, upgrade gearbox to 400 fps, barrel, all internal. I would like to know which base m16a3 is best stock and which will give me the least problems, between the CA and TM m16a3. Maybe a list of pros and cons of both. Im looking for more fact then opinions here. I don't care about price. Thank you.

Oh and if anyone knows all the upgrades im looking for please list them. basically all internals of m16a3 and all metel. thank you.

Edited by vertigo0000

Well first off id get a JG S System (ordered 1 3 day ago) I recomend getting that! Then you got to think do you want an all metal body? if so get a CA. Or do you want great internals with a mostly plasic outside. (then get a TM) then for either (not needed with s system :-D ) get metal internals! :a-thumbsup:

Guest blackmay45
Well first off id get a JG S System (ordered 1 3 day ago) I recomend getting that! Then you got to think do you want an all metal body? if so get a CA. Or do you want great internals with a mostly plasic outside. (then get a TM) then for either (not needed with s system :-D ) get metal internals! :a-thumbsup:

He wants a TM or CA, he must thave the money then. Don't waste your time on JG if you have the money for a TM.

Not an owner of TM guns, I hear the barrell wobble no good on TM M16 guns.

It's not that bad, if you take care of the gun you will be fine but if you abuse it and hold it by the flash hider and swing it around and bash it into trees, then it will.

As for the original poster, please read the forums pinned topics.

Upgrade Guide

Differnce between CA and TM (and a few others)

Also, please search the forum and you will find many similar topics. Try typing in 'TM and CA' or 'Difference between TM and CA', just be creative and don't give up, I know there are plenty of identical topics to this one.

Hi, I don't know much about CA or TM because ive never owned either type of gun. I am buying an M16a3 and upgrading it completely. getting full metel kit, upgrade gearbox to 400 fps, barrel, all internal. I would like to know which base m16a3 is best stock and which will give me the least problems, between the CA and TM m16a3. Maybe a list of pros and cons of both. Im looking for more fact then opinions here. I don't care about price. Thank you.

Oh and if anyone knows all the upgrades im looking for please list them. basically all internals of m16a3 and all metel. thank you.

If you don't care about price get a systema gun :a-grin:

CA: full metal

TM: reliable internals

With a Tm you'll have to change most of the parts to upgrade to 400 so you might as well go with th CA. I'd get the M15A4 rifle (which is basically a M16A3).

Another gun to consider (in the higher end AEG range) is the G&P line of M16. Pretty much undisputed as having the best externals, and the internal problems (mainly tappet) have reportedly been fixed in the new models, giving it a really good gearbox.

<edit>

blackmay... that TM/ICS/CA comparison is WAY out of date, and looks pretty darn skewed three years later.

Edited by benplaut

Guest blackmay45
<edit>

blackmay... that TM/ICS/CA comparison is WAY out of date, and looks pretty darn skewed three years later.

TM

TM AEG's are recognized to be the most reliable on the market. They have the highest quality control. They also have high quality plastic bodies on all their models. They shoot around 280 FPS with .2's in stock form. They have real trademarks. They produce many models which no other manufacturer makes.

They do not need to be maintained beyond cleaning the barrel.

Their new v2 M4's (M4A1 and the S-System models so far) do NOT have barrel wobble any more, and the tabs will not break (they're metal instead of plastic now).

The bare minimum of parts to replace to upgrade this gun to 400 FPS is a spring and metal bushings (although of course it's better to upgrade a couple of other parts as well).

CA

CA's older guns were plagued with quality control problems. CA's new guns for the past couple of years have been great. They're all metal where they're supposed to be, and shoot from 290-330 FPS with .2's. CA also has distributors in the USA, so they are cheaper to buy in the US than in over seas in almost all cases.

They do not need to be maintained beyond cleaning the barrel.

Some models have fake CA trademarks, but their M15 series uses proper licensed Armalite trademarks (which is the civilian, non-military, version of the M16).

Some people still report quality control issues sporadically, although this is become exceedingly rare.

The bare minimum of parts to replace to upgrade this gun to 400 FPS is a spring (although of course it's better to upgrade a couple of other parts as well).

That isn't so bad, it was the update from a year ago.

Another gun to consider (in the higher end AEG range) is the G&P line of M16. Pretty much undisputed as having the best externals, and the internal problems (mainly tappet) have reportedly been fixed in the new models, giving it a really good gearbox.

<edit>

Don't mean to threadjack but where could you get a G&P M16?

ok. The difference between CA and TM. CA has pretty nice externals which are full metal, which means everything on the real thing is metal on the airsoftgun and they are preupgraded by classic army to shoot 300-340 fps. they also have a high speed motor so the ROF can put quite the wear on the gears, piston ETC. they also have a nice strong spring. I would reccomend a different piston though. If you want to upgrade it, get these items. I'll give you direct links PDI %190 spring, G&P polycarbonate piston, systema duracon piston head, and perhaps, a reinforced GB shell. That would be the proper upgrade for a CA. now for the TM. TM's are the most reliable guns on the market if untouched. they will last stock up to 10 years sometimes but on the m16 series they have a bad case of barrel wobble. Which can be easily solved by buying an ECHO 1 one piece outer barrel. I like TM's and CA's alike, but a tip, you can get TM guns for a lot cheaper than most sites from poweredgeusa.com plus, all they do is tape over the trades so you can take that off. to upgrade you will basically need the same stuff as the CA except better gears, metal bushings, and metal shims. And if you want a metal body get a G&P metal body, they have much nicer ones than CA. well there you have it.

Guest Irishman9915

Short awnser: TM, good internals, lasts a while, and can be the best if upgraded.

Don't mean to threadjack but where could you get a G&P M16?

I know of two places with decent prices--WGC Shop has a few models, but they're always out of stock. WGC Custom is just about the same thing, but do your research as to the differences per model. Dentrinity has the entire line, most of them in stock. M16a2 with a m203 and m203 handgaurd for $280? Nuts.