crimsonfalcon07

Fps Is Overrated--debunking The New Player Myth

A set of SC will most likely rival the strength of your titanium gears, titanium isn't actually stronger, it's just stronger compared to it's weight, and the weight doesn't matter much for gears. What matters is durability and how precisely they're made, hence why SC gears are considered the best on the market. In my experience it isn't making the gears last that's the primary challenge of building a high powered gun, it's making the piston and pinion gear last, both will wear down pretty fast with the slightest mis-tuning.

Possibly. Probably, even. Like I said, an experiment purely out of curiosity (you forgot an important factor, though. Titanium is "self lubricating" to an extent) that I don't have huge hopes for. I'll still have the original G&P set to replace them with :)

You do present a good argument, but I'm inclined to disagree (With only part of it). My buddies and I sort of form a squad, some of us standard troops, and two of them crew my CYMA RPK. (Don't ask why it's a team weapon, that's just how it worked out.) I put in $15 dollars worth of madbull bucking into it, and added a 450-ish FPS spring. It's accuracy grew considerably at the distance we were shooting at with it before, and consistently chrono'd around 445. It's hard hitting, accurate, and micromanaged well with two operators. Couldn't ask for a better support team, unless of course you grabbed a Soviet DShK team and gave them an airsoft HMG on a tripod.

It's not an issue of FPS, it's an issue of energy. Having higher FPS for the same BB weight, e.g. 350 fps on 0.2g vs 400 fps on 0.2g, with the same hopup, barrel, and cylinder will result in the 400 fps gun outranging the 350 fps one, simply because it has more energy to carry it farther. Similarly a gun shooting 350 fps with 0.3g BBs will outrange a gun shooting 400 fps with 0.2g BBs, because 0.3g at 350 fps has more energy than the 0.2g at 400.

Higher fps allows the use of heavier bbs. Heavier bbs travel accurately much further than lighter bbs. Don't believe? Pick up some .66 bbs and throw it in a polarstar. You'll be amazed.

Only if you're still observing field energy limits with those .66g. In a polarstar, chronoing with .20g and then switching to something heavier like .66g can spell a difference in energy by as much as 4 Joules and get you banned from a field for being a complete tool.