Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cam Keo

Getting Started On My Rifle.

Guest Cam Keo

Hey guys,

I think I've finally decided to get a Bolt Action, and I think im going to start with the Tanaka M40A1 Military, and have a few questions.

From what I've read, due to laws in Japan, there is some sort of FPS restricter that will not allow the rifle to shoot over 400 or so? I believe that was with HFC134a gas, so what would it shoot with Green gas, or even red gas? Would this damage the rifle due to the FPS Restricter or what ever that is in this gun?

As far as upgrades go, I haven't looked too much into upgrades, but as of now, the only thing I can think of is a Dees custom 6.01 tightbore, suggestions on upgrades would be great.

Thanks guys.

Edited by Cam Keo

Hey guys,

I think I've finally decided to get a Bolt Action, and I think im going to start with the Tanaka M40A1 Military, and have a few questions.

From what I've read, due to laws in Japan, there is some sort of FPS restricter that will not allow the rifle to shoot over 400 or so? I believe that was with HFC134a gas, so what would it shoot with Green gas, or even red gas? Would this damage the rifle due to the FPS Restricter or what ever that is in this gun?

As far as upgrades go, I haven't looked too much into upgrades, but as of now, the only thing I can think of is a Dees custom 6.01 tightbore, suggestions on upgrades would be great.

Thanks guys.

well, if you buy from airsoft extreme youll be recieving the upgrade version which shoots over 550 on green gas but has no PCS bolt. its only $400 there too.

if you buy the japaneese, say from redwolf, it will get about 450 on green unless your lucky enough to get a pre-ban or export.

upgrades: see stealthkillerhampsters guide a few pages down in this forum, but PM him about finishing it!

if you want I can PM you this guide someone gave me about helping with barrel wobble and a few other things.

I suggest you buy the pax armamentia hop up which allows you to use a VSR-10 hop up unit in Tanaka's, and also a VSR-10 hop up rubber.

If your gonna get that unit then remember you need a Dees barrel for the VSR (which is the same as their AEG barrels) so don't get a Tanaka cut barrel if your going to get this, as it will not fit the VSR hop up unit.

They sell them at 2roy.com but I cant figure out how the heck you order from them, if you can find a way then do tell :a-confused:

in addition to that and all of those (many) at-home fixes there really isnt much you need. I got a metal version of the part which holds the hop up chamber made by Best Gun (sold on evike). the insides of Tanakas are very impressive, at this point the only thing plastic is the hop up unit (which I intend to replace) and this one plastic ring.

if you have a drill press you can get some BG hop up rubbers and fit them into a stock Tanaka hop up unit to save a lot of money.

One other thing would be an HPA tank, which would greatly improve accuracy. I posted the guide someone gave me a few pages down I beleive.

if your wondering mine is the m700 LTR (wood stock and 20" barrel) and the externals are amazing.