tristanheld

Most Annoying Thing You've Seen Someone Do While Playing

I was at my local CQB place (ASBG), and I was having a good time. I didnt notice anything unusual. People were calling their hits usually. I did not have any problems. Then some people start complaining that some people are not calling hits. To "punish" us, the refs start playing full-auto games. Full auto games here are no fun. The 13 year olds spray, and most engadgments are less that 50 feet, and the FPS limit is 400.

Then the refs start "honor cheching" some players. I appreciate it when they do it, but they were using a UTG shotgun and some people say they saw them using a spring pistol to check people. Nobody is going to feel a single shot from anything below 300 fps from far away. Lots of people get sent home.

Then at seven, some guy just flips out. His starts cussing on the field about people not calling hits. The whole warehouse could hear him yelling. Everything went silent. People stopped firing. He was cussing at people for not calling hits, and screaming.

Worst of all, this was not some kid, this was an adult. He is a regular here.

The refs, instead of sending him home, decided to shut down the place four hours early, without any refund.

Just because one person rage quits, does not mean that every one wishes to rage quit.

I am not old enough to drive. I was here with a group of friends, including a first time airsofter, and a relatively new airsofter. None of us drive. We planned for our parents to pick us up later, and none were available at that time. We had to wait outside in the cold for a long time before the refs finally invited us in. Then their attitude towards us was quite rude.

My friends and I are honorable. We are nice to new airsofters. Some of us are regular clients there. We all call our hits. We do not use profanity. We do not leave a mess. We clean up after ourselves. We are polite to all.

I was very dissapointed. I came to play airsoft. I gave $20 of my meager savings to have a good time with my friends. I wish that the refs had handled this differantly.

Guest alberty
The refs, instead of sending him home, decided to shut down the place four hours early, without any refund.

That is extremely dumb, I cannot believe the staff would come to a choice like that. How does that help the situation? That also reduces revenue for the day and will make everyone upset.

They deliberately made a move unfair to everyone, wasting everyone's time and money, and stranding people who are waiting for a ride home.

The "honor checking" I also find foolish, but that's not as terrible as the main issue here. Staff should personally speak to problem makers to try to deal with the issue, clear any innocents, and try to prevent further rule infractions, instead of simply shooting them with BBs!

Staff should personally speak to problem makers to try to deal with the issue, clear any innocents, and try to prevent further rule infractions, instead of simply shooting them with BBs!

Yeah, this staff just sounds straight up lazy. If an adult is acting that way and cannot calm down enough to continue playing, then you send that adult home, and if he refuses you call the police, simple as that. It doesn't matter who that person is either, they are done for the day at least.

The honor checking is an odd thing, but to me it doesn't really do much to help overall and if anything can ruin the flow of the game. I always thought the best way for a ref to ref was to be in the game and watching and if anyone has a problem with a specific person they say so and the ref watches that specific player for a while and talks to him if he sees anything.

The most annoying and reoccurring thing in our fields is a certain person (who shall remain anonymous, ASNers know who he is) who repeatedly shows up to games and bugs the crap out of EVERYONE.

He makes up bs tactics as he goes, and then attempts to tell our resident player who is law enforcement that his tactics are better than the SWAT guys. Our last game I had my AK bayonet sticking out of my vest (we were standing around in the staging area before the game), and I was talking to one of our senior members. The kid (who has gear, but no two pieces of the same pattern or color) comes over and reaches to grab my bayonet. He is not able to get it out on the first attempt and says "Does this have a retention lock on it?", keep in mind this is a stock AK bayonet, maybe 20 years old. I told him as calmly as I could manage that it did not, so he yanks it out. Without asking me for permission to handle it, as is an unwritten but commonly acknowledged rule. He proceeds to hold it like a Call of Duty "tacticool knife" and tells another younger player that "this is how our soldiers are trained to shoot with pistols. If the enemy is too close, POP STAB." The senior member and I are trading nervously annoyed glances. I managed to get my bayo back, and hurried over to some members (currently in the armed forces) discussing the helis at OKI6.

One of our seniors who had not gone to OKI6 (Oklahoma Invasion) was asking if the helicopters could be killed, to which the reply (and this is well known) was that if anyone was seen pointing anything at the choppers they would be kicked out, and if anyone took shots at the chopper the pilot would land, leave, and never look back. (Or come out with his .45, depending on his mood) The kid walks over, stands smack in the middle of our circle, and pointedly declares that "I would shoot at the helicopters just to try and kill [hit] the two guys [door gunners]".

Needless to say I can't wait for him to actually play (come forward and stop hiding in the spawn) so we can light him up. I have a drum mag waiting. :a-angry:

I've got more if anyone wants to hear.

Edited by Roland1014

Guest alberty
The most annoying and reoccurring thing in our fields is a certain person (who shall remain anonymous, ASNers know who he is) who repeatedly shows up to games and bugs the crap out of EVERYONE.

Er, I would suggest not bringing a real bayonet with you then as that's a potential safety hazard.

The rest though, all on this guy, sounds bad. Hoping he finally gets kicked out for some violation eventually.

The most annoying thing I have seen is a guy acting like a AGM MP001 is a good rifle. I let the guy compare it to my M14, but he didn't even say anything but that it is really accurate (the thing is stock). The other thing I had seen that was both annoying and laughable was a guy with an MK43. He would set up and try to get people, but forgot to aim, and ended up firing for five seconds at a tree. That is, until, he noticed it. I quickly hauled :censored2: out of there, only to be killed by a guy with an AK who was chasing me as I was running back to a better combat area (instead of the swampy area we were in). And besides that, there are people up at my field who think that all you need to make a gun a DMR is a tighter bore barrel. It makes a difference, but not enough to really make it too useful in that type of use. I'm still saving up some cash to get an R-Hop, and a better barrel, so I could possbily outrange the 'snipers' at the field. Really, it seems no-one cares too much about upgrades there.

I'm not sure I would have given him the courtesy of a bangkill. I'd probably back up as far as possible and just light him up in the arse followed by a comment of "every time you don't call your hits, I hold the trigger down a second longer"

Should've knifed him....hurhur.

I'd have to say a couple things.

When some guy points his gun at you menacingly (Wearing jeans and a T-shirt, so I don't know what team he is on.) You shoot him, and he cusses you out for friendly fire. Then, when he starts yelling at you, enemies sneak up from behind you and shoot you.

And that is when you realize the idiot is on the other team.

I hate it when you knife one little kid (With an epic nerf tomahawk, not thrown) and he yells out "Oh ****! I got knifed!" and you areright smack ninjaing in the middle of enemy territory. Then, needless to say, you die. Now, every time I knife a little kid that I don't know that well, I clamp my hand over their mouth for a half second. They get pissed, but it sends a message.

Guest alberty
I'd have to say a couple things.

When some guy points his gun at you menacingly (Wearing jeans and a T-shirt, so I don't know what team he is on.) You shoot him, and he cusses you out for friendly fire. Then, when he starts yelling at you, enemies sneak up from behind you and shoot you.

And that is when you realize the idiot is on the other team.

I hate it when you knife one little kid (With an epic nerf tomahawk, not thrown) and he yells out "Oh ****! I got knifed!" and you areright smack ninjaing in the middle of enemy territory. Then, needless to say, you die. Now, every time I knife a little kid that I don't know that well, I clamp my hand over their mouth for a half second. They get pissed, but it sends a message.

What I see here are two rule violations in my opinion.

In the first case, you hit the player and after he is hit he purposely draws attention to you. Pretending that he was a friendly is not really ethical but technically legal, but drawing attention by yelling and using profanity after getting hit by you is like a violation of the "dead men don't talk" rule in which you should not be allowed to give any kind of "intel" after you have been hit, because it's unfair.

In the second case, it's the same thing, a violation of the "dead men don't talk" rule BUT if it was only one or a few times, I do not think it was intended but just out of shock that your target would make that exclamation of getting "knifed." You said that you're actually clamping kids' mouths when you are going for a knife kill now...I would advise you not to do that. That could be construed as an altercation / violence on the field, and you wouldn't want a lawsuit if the kid claimed to have been injured from you trying to silence him.

I agree with you on both aspects, most of these are rule violations, but a lot of times the admins don't do anything. It just makes me angry.

As of the clamping over mouths, I've actually only done it once.

When your friend believes his budget gun is better than your AEG. I have a friend like that and he constantly has to remind us "how much better JG is". It just goes through one ear of mine and out the other. This guy also believes his mosfet makes his M4 a DMR and even says mosfet like Mows a fett. My other friend believes his no-name AK47 LPEG is a good gun, even when he has to hold the mag in the magwell and adjust the sights every few minutes. He also treats it like :a-censored: so that obviously does not help.

Anyone that treats their guns like crap in general annoy me. They either have their parents pay for it or just have so much money they don't really care. To me having your parents buy you something (unless it's for a holiday, of course) utterly makes no sense. If your parents buy you something, you didn't earn any kind of moral from it, except that your parents will buy you anything you ask for. I have to earn money before I can buy a gun, my parents would not buy me a gun just if I asked them to.

The last thing I find annoying...Well, let me give you an example of a conversation.

Me: "So, * are you going to get any guns soon?"

*: "I've been looking at this pistol."

Me: "Cool, what is it?"

*: "It's a Jericho pistol. Guess what price."

Me: Here we go again... "What price?"

*: "Forty bucks." (At this point he has a look on my face like I should be impressed.)

Me: (Fakest impressed face on the planet) "Okay."

You know what he was talking about? This: http://www.roanokeairsoft.com/Jericho_941F...ol_p/150302.htm

He shops at Airsoft Megastore and Roanoke Airsoft. Roanoke Airsoft is run by a distributing company, not even people who care about airsoft. Megastore in my opinion is just a cheap *** store. In short, my friend is just a pure airsoft n oob.

Edited by VAairsoft

When your friend believes his budget gun is better than your AEG. I have a friend like that and he constantly has to remind us "how much better JG is". It just goes through one ear of mine and out the other. This guy also believes his mosfet makes his M4 a DMR and even says mosfet like Mows a fett. My other friend believes his no-name AK47 LPEG is a good gun, even when he has to hold the mag in the magwell and adjust the sights every few minutes. He also treats it like :a-censored: so that obviously does not help.

Anyone that treats their guns like crap in general annoy me. They either have their parents pay for it or just have so much money they don't really care. To me having your parents buy you something (unless it's for a holiday, of course) utterly makes no sense. If your parents buy you something, you didn't earn any kind of moral from it, except that your parents will buy you anything you ask for. I have to earn money before I can buy a gun, my parents would not buy me a gun just if I asked them to.

I have to say, it is pretty true. While I get money from my parents for the games ($20 for games every other week), I do help out around the house a lot, and my brother is in another sport, same sort of cost, so it evens out. The only thing I have ever asked my parents to get me is boots, and even then I went straight to the surplus section and found a pair of decent suplus boots for about $20. So it makes some sense to get money from parents, but I do think people need limits on things. My parents would never buy me a gun (too costly, I saved up for mine).

Pretending that he was a friendly is not really ethical but technically legal
The fields I've played on, if you're caught posing as the enemy your arse is in trouble.

The guys that run the games near me have tried "double agents" in the past and it was always met with negativity, so they disallowed it

I have to say, it is pretty true. While I get money from my parents for the games ($20 for games every other week), I do help out around the house a lot, and my brother is in another sport, same sort of cost, so it evens out. The only thing I have ever asked my parents to get me is boots, and even then I went straight to the surplus section and found a pair of decent suplus boots for about $20. So it makes some sense to get money from parents, but I do think people need limits on things. My parents would never buy me a gun (too costly, I saved up for mine).

Oh, and my friend got about $50 for helping around the house over spring break. I probably could have made about $30 with HARD EARNED CASH. He only probably raked leaves or something. I can pull weeds for about 2 hours for $10 in 85 degree heat. He would probably get $20 and be complaining about it at the end. I get $10 for helping me clean my mother's car, and I have to clean the undercarriage, wheels, between the wheels, tires, etc. and get only $10. She is so strict about how I do it also.

The good thing I find about this is that we can say we earned our guns while they practically did nothing and even though they get something for nothing it's usually a JG or LPEG. Also it will teach us to hold up a job when we grow up instead of sitting on our :censored2:ez trying to make money by doin nothing.

People who won't listen to any of their teammates because they have 1200 more dollars worth of entirely useless tacticool crap than the rest of their team. Pisses me off SO BADLY

"Hey man, we're going to go this way. There's a lot of guys behind that building and we're going to try to flank them, could you give us some cover while we move up?"

*guy looks at me, goes back to trying to lob bbs* gives LITERALLY ZERO indication that he heard a damn word

Did I mention he's in his super sick SEALDEVGRUrangerPMCFAST impression loadout with a bundle of handcuffs and 550 cord for when he'll be doing nothing with them, aswell as a sordin tactical headset connected to nothing (actually, having a sordin just for the sound clarity would be nice too, but you get the point)

Edited by Dogs

Guest The Grand Baboon

I know most of this thread is dedicated to complaining about twelve year olds (codsofters?), but I have actually had some really good experiences with their type.

Almost the entirety of the private club the I play with (~100 members, give or take) is drinking age or older. We have full time jobs, can afford great gear, and have the transportation to get to some really sweet spots in remote areas of the state.

But, now and then, kids will show up (with an adult and signed waviers). They come into a group of MILSIM guys decked out in plate carriers, MICH helmets, NVGs, and a myriad of terribly expensive guns. Regardless of what type of video game the kid is into, or how good he thinks his Well Super 5000fps Tier 1 DEVGRU rifle is, they know they're outclassed by a longshot. Mr. Lone Wolf Codsofter soon learns that even a half second burst from a 20rps AEG isn't fun at all.

This is where we capitalize. They look up to us, and we have an opportunity to mold them into something better. We can show them that backyard airsoft doesn't even compare to a teamwork based MILSIM event. The kids are usually pretty good about taking orders. We just have to be firm, kind, and clear in what we want them to do. No military jargon. At the end of the day they usually are feeling pretty proud. They followed orders (usually) and helped the team complete the objective.

Actually, I can't think of a time where we've had a bad experience with the kids. Usually it's the adults who get their tempers in a rile.

My team used to play with this 12 year old kid that no one really liked. The only reason he came out to one of our games was because a team member brought him without telling us, so we let it slide just once. Anyway, we split up into two teams of 4 and played against each other. One of my friends decided to camoflauge me with leaves so I could give him support while he ran to a good vantage point. While I was camo'd up, the 12 year old kid starts to move up to my position, without knowing I was 5 feet in front of him under a pile of leaves. Once he got close enough, I popped out of the pile and shot him with one BB. He proceeded to say that it didn't count, and he unloaded his mag on my head. I got pretty pissed off at him, so after the game ended I told my other teammates that we should make him run the gauntlet. Needless to say, that kid didn't want to come airsofting with us anymore. Justice is served. :a-wink:

Last sunday came behind a patrol of 2 guys, they were walking and talking loud, those type of fellows we usually find on the field that want to be "serious" but spend most of the time been dumb as hell. Well they were walking and passed by me without noticing that I was already in the building, well I had 2 chances, surrender them or shoot, I opted to shoot them because surrender was going to developed to a big discussion. Ok, so they pass, theyre 10 meters from me, I use single shot and hit them, they turn around and start shooting in full auto all around the place without hitting me once! After emptying their mags they start yelling at me that I must go out too because I was shoot! I wasnt shoot! Not even 1 bb hit me, its not my fault they don't know how to shoot but even if I was shoot I wouldnt go out, I shoot them first -.-' I had the video on my gopro and showed my team this stupid episode.

Another episode, was in the last year someone bring a kid that was wearing a gym suit in ORANGE! My team got the kid last -.-' we all use multicam, and facepaint! but that day... OMG it was like we had a beacon with us -.-'

Should've just unloaded on all of em. :a-laugh:

I was running a Hi Capa in a big field. I was more focused on capturing the flag. But I did mess with the motor height screw on my friend's G&G and he decided it was enough joking.

I have four stories.

One: The lesser annoying story, but still annoying.

I had just ordered my VFC H&K416 CQB(Great gun) and a few of my "friends" at school decided to see if they could find it. I told them what it was(416) and they proceeded to find a no-brand 416 made out of plastic with 200 fps for $100 on amazon.com. They told me that I over payed big time and I proceeded to tell them about VFC and how they are a company KNOWN for their externals and realism. They told me that VFC was :a-censored: and wasn't probably even metal and that their gun could out-shoot mine in a heartbeat. They bought the $100 gun and we had a war. Their gun wouldn't even shoot more than 20 feet when mine was picking them off at 50 yards. We even did a drop test to see whos' was stronger, and both dropped them with the dust cover facing the ground. My gun held up perfectly fine, picked it up and it still fired straight as ever. Their gun snapped in half and they were out of $100 for *trying* to prove a point. Needless to say, we are no longer friends, as they hate me now.

Two: The more annoying than the first story yet less annoying than the final one.

I had this one friend that I had known for a looong time. And his dad owned a buisiness(spelling?) and was rich. His dad was also ex-marine and would go to unlimited lengths to please his son. So, every time I went over to his house to have a war and had even a slightly better piece of equiptment, he refused to battle me until his dad went out and bought something he deemed better. I had gotten a CYMA 0.28 AK and loved that thing. As soon as he saw it, his dad went out and blew $400 on the spot on some cheap no-brand AK (Didn't know a thing about it, bought it from craigslist and way over payed) His gun broke the first time he used it and always got fired up every time I beat him. We don't even talk anymore.

Three: The second-most annoying thing that's ever happened to me with airsoft.

When I was really young, I was out playing with BB guns with a few of my friends, and the average neighborhood rich-kid shows up with some Really Cool-upgraded M4 that has been hacked into shooting way above the normal FPS. I mean this gun had probably upwards of 680 FPS. One of my "friends"(Not even my friend anymore) decides to pick up the maxed out super-weapon and aims it at me. I took off in a dead run, (didn't have any eye protection) and he just lets loose on full- auto. I get about 10 shots in my butt and falls to the ground in pain. I had welts on my behind for about 4 months. I asked him :a-censored: he was doing and he said he thought it was on safety. I told him that first of all, he shouldn't of even aimed at me. Second, he should've MADE SURE that it was on safety. Third, his finger should've never been on the trigger. This simple act caused me to be scared of airsoft guns for about 6 years.

Four: The most annoying thing that's ever happened to me with airsoft.

I was playing with this fat kid and he brags all the time about how his walmart- gun is better than any guns I will ever own. He wore like 4 layers of clothes so the "scary guns won't hurt me!"(His words) and he wore ear-plugs because he was afraid of the sound. Even when the round was over, he would continuously shoot at us, hitting us many times, even some of us didn't have goggles. We were running towards him screaming waving our arms to get his attention, but to no avail. He screamed(SCREAMED.) "Retreat! The rats are coming, retreat back to HQ!" I wasn't even sure what he was screaming that to, wasn't even anyone on his team. He ran back to cover while shooting us. It took 4 of us to tackle him and rip the gun out of his hands before he stopped shooting and screaming at us. He said we were ruining his fun and he rage-quit after swinging punches to us. He claims he couldn't see us waving our arms because his goggles were fogged(How then did he know we were coming at him?) He says he didn't hear us because of the ear-plugs yet when I questioned him about how he could've seen us running towards him when his goggles were fogged, he replied that he had heard out footsteps(Funny, he can hear our footsteps but not us screaming?) and it's safe to say we never will invite him to any match ever again. Your thoughts on this?

I have new friends- Thank god. I have actually started my own team and we are pretty successful.(Team Elektro) We are just a local team at the moment but when we start getting more funds we can begin traveling to national OPs.

I have a few stories but first,

People that ask me to fix their whatever gun that is so broken from not taking care of it, the worst is when people's GBB/NBB pistols are leaking horrible because they never once lubed their gun, this happens so often.

First. We are at my friends farm in a 3 v. 3. We are at a crossroads where the corner is woods. My friend thinks he is a 1337 sniper so he decided to lay prone in a huge open field 200 feet from one path to defend us with his half broken Well sniper that he threw a M170 spring into. He immediately gets shot up by the other team and stands up in the field unmoving. the enemy team uses him as a human shield and when I start yelling at him to sit the **** down, he finally sat down when I continued to shoot bursts into him.

I was at a CQB arena where there was a kid with a 200mw green rated laser pointer.... (I use a 5mw on my pistol, this is a safe wattage, your blink reflex is fast enough to prevent damage, even if you don't blink, it is safe, 10mn green lasers have been tested human on eyes that had to be removed for medical purposes )I tried to explain to him how it can cause blindness faster then you can blink, his idea is to keep using it but take the lens out. later that day he uses it and it almost hits me in the eye. Even with the lens off, it was brighter than my 700 lumen flashlight, I could not see out of my right eye for about a minute.

Other annoying things:

People that think I am lying when I say I can get a 100 foot shot with my TM Hi-Capa.

People that rent body armor at fields,

People who upgrade their guns and end up breaking them.

People who use CO2 pistols.

"Snipers" who use their rifle as an assault rifle.

Nerf parties that break up a day at a CQB field.

People that think if they throw a tornado, you are always hit.

Stupid and ignorant people.

It was a dark, and stormy night~

I would like to present the "pet peeves" from the viewpoint of a "newbie/Newbie"

#1) When I first started playing airsoft (16) someone in the group used to have some kinda beef with me - to this day I still have no idea why aside from maybe me being a newbie. They were dressed in skinny jeans, and a white T-shirt with a flat black airsoft mask(We shall name them P1) - so they weren't elitist or anything. Now, I generally dress in tan cargo pants, a olive-drab green T-shirt covered by a desert tan BDU with a custom painted paintball mask which is suppose to mix in with bush or mesquites - so I'm nothin' special, either, but at the time I also didn't have even so much as a springer(wasn't even sure if I wanted to continue, and it was my second game. I think.) so I asked if I could borrow a springer - I got some sorta Softair FAMAS(which was, at the time, purposely the gun meant for newbies to borrow). P1 had some sorta problem with it, and then asked why I couldn't afford my own crap - and why I shouldn't borrow someone else's stuff. When I tried to explain I got cut off with the wonderful line of "I don't wanna listen to your excuses.". I noticed that P1 didn't attack any of the other newbs borrowing guns(even though some of 'em wound up with AEGs instead) and seemed to have just singled me out. As I loaded the mag I tried to keep the gun aiming down as much as possible, but every once in a while it would wind up aiming waist high as I juggled between the mag, gun, and airsoft BBs. Of course, this caught P1's attention again who proceeded to explain that I was being reckless and could hurt somebody - and so I asked if they could hold it for me while I loaded, then. They said no. I tried to explain that the gun was empty, and it wasn't charged, and the safety was on and that I knew that stuff and I felt it wasn't as bad as they were making it out to be, and once again it was "I don't care whether it is or not, either do it right or just get lost. I don't wanna hear your excuses" Later on, once the game started, they were coming around the hill I was at, and I was prone waiting to shoot. It was P1, who proceeded to say they were on my team and that I shouldn't have even been aiming at them. When I began to say that I was sorry, but didn't know it was them, they once again said "I don't wanna hear it". Ultimately, P1 at the end of the game got bored while everyone was discussing what they wanted to do next and started shooting rocks around and through the group - even though everyone had masks off. Wtf?

#2) Some guy had camped the entire airsoft game, and the group had forgotten about him and started to regroup to start another round. Well, the group walked together with masks off, and this guy jumps up and sprays BBs EVERYWHERE! Luckily it didn't have much power, and most of the BBs "floated" through the air and inaccurately at that. The guy said he didn't hear anyone call out the game was over, and if they did it was impossible for it to be over since no one had found him. I haven't seen him at a game since.

#3) A good friend of mine wanted to try out people's side arms to find out what he might be interested in for getting himself. One of the people had a 1911 that was gas and shot on the upper of 430fps and forgot to warm him. He was hiding behind a bush, I didn't see him, and he popped up and nailed my mask 3 times(he said he was unable to shoot any lower, and it was the only part exposed) - the BBs nailed my mask, destroyed paint and one or two of the BBs actually "exploded" on the mask and riddled my face underneath with paint chips and BB chunks. I spent five minutes on my walk of shame spitting out bits and pieces which managed to get in my mouth. When I finally got back to the spawn point there a bunch of congregating and conversation flying about. I asked about it, and found out that the same dude had thought he got enough space between himself and someone he was after, but actually didn't and two of his three round nailed the the guy in the chest and caused him to welt underneath it, and then one stray shot nailed him in the face, and from what I understand managed to also get "stuck" onto his face. The guy who got shot packed up and left for the day, and the friend who used the pistol gave it back and hasn't borrowed a gun since. I'm just so glad to this day that I use a paintball mask.

#4) I showed up for a joint game with some people outta town, and the group that turned out was a nice size. Unfortunately, the instant I stepped outta my car I was met with stares of "wtf?" and everyone people talking amongst eachother, laughing and pointing. Real encouraging. It looked like it broke down to groups of younger, average, my usual group, and elitists. Later on in the game, I ran into one of the 'elitists' and what seemed to be his friend who actually dressed more like me - the only difference really was that he wore a lean vest that held a mag and his sidearm - although over a white shirt. There was a bit of a shoot out, but then they seemed to have moved off. I expected them to come flanking. So the person with me watched the side they were on, and I peaked outside and around cover to see if I could see them. When I didn't see anything I decided to test the waters by stepping out. I was met with AEGs going off, and BBs hitting the sand everywhere around me. I danced and ducked behind my original cover as fast as possible. As I did so one of them ran across to 'flank' us. I gave covering fire and the bud made his way across and then gave me cover to get over there, but as I did so I got nailed on the mask and raised my hand and called "Hit". As soon as I did this I got shot by the same guy, again, with a 5 round burst to the chest from about 15 feet away with what looked like a G&G Combat Machine M4. I instantly welted. Two of them turned more into blood blisters and one that began to bleed. Then of course wanted me to "get out of the way" so he get the other guy. Now, off hand I dunno if the dead were actually allowed to move in that game, but I'm pretty sure they weren't, but I simply stood there. Especially after what he pulled. He of course got my teammate, and once he wasn't busy I asked why he shot me like that - assuming I had done somethin' that might've made him feel he had to make sure I was dead(such as me not responding fast enough, or if he thought I was aiming for him even though I didn't even know he was there at the time) or maybe it was BB lag. He said that I wasn't calling my hits, and I deserved it. I explained that if one did hit me, and I didn't feel it, that I was sorry, but I didn't feel I deserved this kinda treatment. He smiled, chuckled, and then said "Oh well - atleast I got you, right?" even his friend asked why he continued shooting me after I raised up my hand and called out. I heard somethin' along the lines of him calling me a "b****".

I figured I'd just head back to the respawn instead of waiting for an ally to revive me, and when I got back I explained what happened to someone I knew to ask if he thought I made an error. He said it sucked, but that stuff happens. Shortly after the guy was back, and slipped right back into his group, and I could see he was telling them crap about me, and they would laugh as he did over exaggerated 'reenactments' of what I had done.

Anyway, I would like to say as a 'newbie/Newbie' it's not fun being on the receiving end of such things. I know sometimes it seems justified, and sometimes they're just begging/asking for it, but I've noticed through some of these posts that some of the people you guys talk about aren't even given a chance? I personally believe that if someone isn't calling hits they should be shot until they do. Even if they're a group raining hell down on one guy not calling his hits it's okay.

However, I don't think it's okay for someone to assume "I hit this guy, so now I'm gonna move up to him and shoot him from 5 feet away with my 350FPS AEG and unload the entire mag on him."

No, I don't think it's okay to go "I know I hit this guy, so I'm gonna get everyone to gang up and shoot him from point blank with whatever they have."

What I'm saying is if I shot you from 50 feet, I might move up and shoot some more, but I will never disregard MED because "you deserved it". It's not justified, it's not funny and it's not cool. I also don't think it's okay to physically attack or hurt anyone.

Just my two cents, guys. :a-famerican:

People who use CO2 pistols.

I don't see why. My Umarex USP is 100% CQB safe with the 0.2s that I load it with and has more than enough accuracy for hitting a torso at 60 feet. The only problem I really have with it is that you need to use an Allen wrench to swap CO2 cartridges if you run out of gas, rather than just shoving the nozzle of a can into your magazine for a few seconds.

I don't see why. My Umarex USP is 100% CQB safe with the 0.2s that I load it with and has more than enough accuracy for hitting a torso at 60 feet. The only problem I really have with it is that you need to use an Allen wrench to swap CO2 cartridges if you run out of gas, rather than just shoving the nozzle of a can into your magazine for a few seconds.

My problem with them is it is the easy way/cheap way out and 9/10 of them shoot way too hot. This combination results in tons of people having super powerful guns. Because it is a pistol, the ranges that people shoot these guns at are really close. CO2 is not meant for airsoft, the guns internals are too small to handle the pressure.

My problem with them is it is the easy way/cheap way out and 9/10 of them shoot way too hot. This combination results in tons of people having super powerful guns. Because it is a pistol, the ranges that people shoot these guns at are really close. CO2 is not meant for airsoft, the guns internals are too small to handle the pressure.

Nah, my CO2 pistol shot at 410 with .2s, that isn't too bad.

And saying it's the cheap way out isn't fair to some people, like the children of people working government jobs.

Nah, my CO2 pistol shot at 410 with .2s, that isn't too bad.

And saying it's the cheap way out isn't fair to some people, like the children of people working government jobs.

Most cheap to moderate CO2 pistols are around $40-$55, the cost of two CO2's is the price of a GG KJW, you will have a gun that will last more than twice as long and have much better accuracy, magazine capacity, everything.

Most cheap to moderate CO2 pistols are around $40-$55, the cost of two CO2's is the price of a GG KJW, you will have a gun that will last more than twice as long and have much better accuracy, magazine capacity, everything.

Then there's the problem of people thinking WE is better AND cheaper. So in the end it doesn't matter with most people.

Had a player dead to rights, had his back, he didn't even know I was there. We don't have a mandatory bang rule, so I double tapped him from about 15 feet away, in the vest, where he had the most padding.

My gun only shoots 350 FPS with .2s, and I shot him where he was most padded, only twice, in semi, trying to be nice.

He turns around and shoots me in the face with his CO2 pistol, then gets in my face and screams that my gun shoots too hot so I was inside MED so my shots didn't count. At my field, if your gun shoots 400 FPS you have a 20 ft MED, and 350 FPS has a 10 ft MED, so I was good, but he shot me anyway, after he should've been out, and it turns out his CO2 pistol shot 487 FPS.

Needless to say, I complained to the admins and he has since been banned.

Today's zombie game had plenty of....interesting stuff.

1. I was embedded with a separate team at today's zombie game, and we agreed to go check out the power plant to look for a particular objective we needed to bring back to our home base. While walking down the field, we hear gunfire behind us. Some more people on my team were fighting zombies back in the city we just left.

For whatever reason, two of the people on the team I'm with decide to go run and fight all the zombies. The other members of the team run in to rescue them, and I have no choice but to follow to avoid being left all alone on the field. One of them got killed in the melee.

And then one of the people on that team was the father (it seemed to be a family team), who was 100% clueless to the point of possible senility; he wandered off randomly around the town, wordlessly taking potshots at zombies and spraying full auto close enough that he could have touched the targets. Thankfully, none of them got injured because he didn't notice that he ran out of ammo and was dry firing dozens of shots; I had to save him from a zombie coming after him because he didn't realize that he wasn't shooting anything. He never even said a word; his son would just shout "Dad, get back here!" and the dad would silently begin walking back toward us before leaving as soon as our backs were turned.

After that debacle was done, I kept trying to get the team to remember the objective. Instead, they aimlessly wandered or stood around the city, shooting occasional zombies (who were actively taunting us from behind buildings) and making snail-like progress back toward the objective.

I got jumped by a zombie from behind, and pretty much that whole team dissolved.

2. Some people on one of the national guard teams decided to start shooting harmless zombies. See, most zombies wouldn't charge straight into an entire team because they'd get lit up (sometimes painfully and sometimes with injury, like a BB embedded in a finger that had to be dug out with a knife). Likewise, most humans wouldn't fire at zombies who weren't threats because ammo was intentionally limited and the PMCs in the first mission ran through their ammo way too fast. So usually you'd end up with a stalemate, where the zombies try to flank around and fake to try and get someone to charge in from a blind spot.

Thing is, these guys wouldn't have it. They'd try to demand a surrender from 20 or 30 feet, then fire a long burst into any zombie that didn't take it. It's a waste of ammo, and uselessly causing pain to other players in a way that does absolutely nothing to further your goals. Supposedly some of them were intentionally making crotch shots. I know I had one guy shoot me from about 100 feet through foliage in the exact same leg twice with a single shot each time: first in the kneecap, then in the lower leg.

2. Zombies who would refuse to follow the respawn rules (move at least 100 or 200 feet from the humans, preferably out of sight, then come back in; you can either lie where you died or get up and walk away if they're not leaving). Instead, they'd drop, wait a few seconds, then jump up when the player had his back turned. Thankfully they did it right in front of the ref.

Speaking of zombies, one of them actually made a grab instead of a simple touch and tore a dude's shirt.

(Don't want to edit anything into an already huge post)

This is only tangentially related, but I just remembered it. The field is a paintball field, and was initially closed for the event. Because we didn't get quite as many people as expected, the field owner let a particular group play on half the field while the airsofters played on the other half, alternating each hour.

A good part of the group happened to be a father and his several sons, none of whom were beyond 13 (and that's being generous). One of the newbie kids happened to have a very expensive fully automatic paintball gun....and promptly held down the trigger in the staging area that was shared by both groups.

I think we all wet ourselves more than the kid did at the sudden roar of gunfire.

Now, every time I knife a little kid that I don't know that well, I clamp my hand over their mouth for a half second. They get pissed, but it sends a message.

Hilarious!

Well, I have a new story that makes anybody cringe. I was going to the supposed "Battle of Falling Waters", a "huge" event with a great field. Well, there were exactly 46 people. The field was a back lot behind someone's house, with one acre of three foot grass with little cover, and 200 feet of what looked like Nicaragua. No refs, no MEDs, no veteran players who were good. Me and my friends are all 15-16, and we were some of the best people there. WITH these 25< adults. The best gun was the M99 someone brought, but nobody there knew how to sight in a scope. Then there was the biggest problem. I got sprayed with about 50 shots in the back from 10 feet away with a kid's ICS AFTER I called myself out. Then when I told him he shot too much, he shot me point blank in the stomach. Now, I'm a nice person, so I showed constraint. I was ready to stomp the sh*t out of him. Instead, I slapped the gun away, picked it up, put it on safe and said "Finger OFF the trigger". Of course, that didn't help as everyone else did the same thing. Some guy wouldn't call his hits, so my friend walked up to him, shooting 5 rounds off every step or two, and got right on top of the guy and had to shoot him again because he wouldn't call it.

And I kid you not, the 11 year old from archery I invited to get a future airsofter had better trigger control than everybody there. People were scratching their heads and looking down barrels of loaded guns. One kid nearly shot me in the staging area walking by. A grown man who wasn't aware of his surroundings or his gun shot a pregnant woman in the stomach. And she returned the favor with slaps.

I decided to stay the whole day to be courteous, as I was the new person here and they all introduced themselves, but I am NEVER going back. Ever. There was only TWO nice and fair men there. I was scared the whole day of getting an eye shot out.