tristanheld

Most Annoying Thing You've Seen Someone Do While Playing

I have two things that really bug me. the first one is with this one kid we play with. when we play take the hill, we play that if you get shot that you have to drop back. everyone else on his team just drops back when they get shot, but he feels the need to call a timeout for everyone so that he can drop back to a new spot. the second thing that bugs me is this one time my friend thought he shot me when he actually didn't. he shot at me from about 100 feet with .12s and thought he shot me. without even telling me, he starts deciding that even if I hit him, it doesn't count. after a couple of shots that I was sure were hitting him, I finally call, "are you hit?" You know what he says? "Yes, but I don't care!" and keeps right on shooting. he could have at least told me he thought he shot me so we could work it out right then!

The most annoying thing that has ever happened to me is:

We set up a perfect ambush. Opponents approach in a skirmish line. Guy on our side speaks, rather loudly, “there they are, can we shoot?” Enemy hears and takes cover. Fire fight begins.

Jee, thanks mate! I didn’t see them… sigh.

12 year olds that come to play with no gear or anything quality. Then they don't call their hits and whine after they get lit up.

I once had to light a kid up because he didn't call his hits. All he had was camo pants and t-shirt and a CO2 pistol. I lit him up with a M15A4, stock.

After that scenario, the kid decided to tell his dad and they found me and yelled at me because of what I did. I stayed calm and told them that his son should have listened to the rules and call his hit when he gets shot once. They walked away, and that's it.

I would tell his dad to go :censored2: himself and not to get in the way of a serious game and let the kid know he wasn't following rules.

Leaving a huge story out and to sum it up,

I found it really annoying when (being a sniper) my spotter decided he wants to shoot at everything he sees.

Examples; Enemy about 150 feet away, butterflys, squrriels, birds, ect. And like several other posts, he always gave away the team's position by shouting when he talked and making scuicide shots.

We kicked him off the team though, so :a-thumbsup:

the famous "my gun is awesome, there is no chance I could have missed you from that range" when they are shooting over their head and not aiming at all and I am standing in a bush with basically only my gun's muzzle poking out (the bush is thick enough that many bb's wont penetrate).

The only thing I really remember was me and 2 other guys playing with springers around a house. I get stuck in a corner and soon my bullets run out. Then they both charge at me, even though we were playing free4all, spraying as fast as they can! Small as I was, I just crawled further up in the corner screaming.. Jerks! xD

I play with a sniper that won't take shots at someone carring a flag towards the flag stand because it would make too much noise(the game would end if he didn't take the shot, the flag I would think would be more important than making a LITTLE NOISE)

This sniper also calls himself out when the bb's come no where near him. I mean, I even go up to him, post game, and ask him if I really got him or not. He claims he does, but I think he is really afraid of getting shot.

This was at my second airsoft "war" as we called it back then. I had just bought my first gun which was a piece of :a-censored: Big 5 ebb that shot 135 fps. Well, I showed up wearing a football jersey, that has the little holes in the front, jean shorts and fourwheeler goggles, the only eye protection I had at the time. Now two other people show up in sweats and sweatshirts with the hoods up and it's 100 degrees out. :a-angry:

Edited by thesoccerplayer

My friends and I had set up the perfect ambush, we had the high ground and evrything, when one of my friends (we'll call him Dumbass #1) decides to turn the volume on his radio to max and turn on the call settings, so there's a 100-decibel BEEP whenever he talks. Guess what? He called out the enemy positions, and he cost us the element of suprise.

Other annoying thing is when it's a dedicated MILSIM match and some dumbass decides to use a hi-cap. Or runs outside the boundaries and gets behind the other team, then claims it was "skill"...

Edited by Blak110

Lets see... All the usual airsoft annoyances have been pretty well covered here so far. Here comes a more unusual one:

(a bit long, sorry... needs to be explained though)

It was a twelve hour long scenario where our side had ~60 players, opposing force ~60 and peacekeepers ~20. I was the commander of our force. I think there was an age limit, so all the players were at least 14. I had been the commander in a couple of other scenarios before and was pretty experienced in airsoft leadership of that level. The best practice often is to have "elite" squads that number roughly 1/3 of the whole force and then use the rest of the players as "line" squads. This is because you often can't depend on your average airsoft soldier to complete a complex task, and because the experienced players have signed in as a team and want to play as a team.

Well... After 10 hours of fighting our objective was to hold a village from the opposing force while also trying to complete some secondary missions. Some of these secondary missions were considered to be crimes by the peacekeepers, so we also had to endure their harrassment. My elites were mostly on the secondary missions or waiting their next respawn, so all I had was the undisciplined, poorly led "line squads".

Now, since airsoft is supposed to be fun, being a commander means its your job to keep the players happy by giving them missions and also some rest periods. Keeping this in mind I assigned about 20 players (3 squads with some players "dead") to set up a forward observation post (completing this objective would have given us the the right to spy on the opposing forces radio communications!). These guys had had ample time to rest and I thought they were anxious to get into action again. I told them what their mission was and gave instructions. The guy in charge of the task force was enthusiastic. Nothing could go wrong.... Right.

After a while the task force takes some casualties, nothing serious. I instruct to continue after which I send some reinforcements that have just respawned. Then, after roughly 30min the task force leader is on the radio telling me they've come into contact with just about the whole opposing force! His assessment is they can't hold so keeping in mind that they don't many experienced players I give a go-ahead for a retreat.

The task force commander lied to me. LIED. There was no major offensive. There wasn't even a minor one. The guys on the task just stopped feeling like playing airsoft and wanted to go get some coffee. Because of the lie I concentrated all available troops on defending (and counter-attacking and reconing) against an attack that never came. Because of the LIE there actually was no serious contact between forces for 30min. The opposing force (I found out later) thought we were preparing for a similar attack since we withdrew. Plenty of airsoft soldiers spent 30min just waiting, because some people LIED so they could get coffee. Well done!

-Squirreli

PS. If I ever have the task force leader on my side again, I'll make sure he pulls guard duty and nothing else. Preferably near the latrine ;)

This wasn't really a game, more like just fun. and we were in my completely hidden from public view back yard.

It was 2 vs 3. Me with my lil' electric p8, and my friend with his JG G36C. The opponents were my brother and his brothers, with a lil' sports authority aeg (those lil' ones with scopes), a sawed shotgun, probably cybergun, and another p8. Keep in mind that all these guns were just starter weapons. I hope to get a JG AK47 RIS this october.

So. Me and my friend give the blue team about a minute to hide. then we grab up our small little wall and set it up against a tree for protection. IN like five seconds we see them up in our treehouse with towels over the rails as makehsift walls. I give the signal to set up surpressive fire, as my partner has the best gun. I then sneak up under the treehouse and look in. At about that second one of them yells from being hit. What really gets me mad is that 2 of them are wearing nothing but shorts, and my lil' bro has shorts and a swim shirt. So I plink em' all in the leg.

Really, you shouldn't complain about being hit if you aren't doing anything to protect yourself.

Being my age, I really hate when an older player who possibly gets the ranking position says "you are young, you can't know anything, so get in the end of the line and do grunt work." Turns out the guy is a bad commander, and I study military tactics pretty religiously (because school work can only be so exciting and I know some ex-soldiers as well) but if I go insubordinate I get in trouble and/or get kicked out and I have no chance of arguing because I am looked down on because of my age.

Being my age, I really hate when an older player who possibly gets the ranking position says "you are young, you can't know anything, so get in the end of the line and do grunt work." Turns out the guy is a bad commander, and I study military tactics pretty religiously (because school work can only be so exciting and I know some ex-soldiers as well) but if I go insubordinate I get in trouble and/or get kicked out and I have no chance of arguing because I am looked down on because of my age.

I was worried that this might happen to me. I practice w/ my squad and even though we are all newbies, me and my friends call are hits. Everyone understands that the only to have fun is to be honest.

This story is back when I played around my 3 acre house( Im different now) I call over my friends(Ray,Adam, and L.Chris) for a Airsoft battle. They bring over 2 Clear pistols( there is 3 of them) So I gave them a Crosman R34 and 36. All I have I a KWA Bereatta. So its my and Ray.(the oldest). vs. My bro and his 2 bros.

First game we charge like maniacs knowing that they will retreat. Well, I shot one and Ray shot the other. But L.Chris runs down the hill toward my MOM and HIDES behind her. I have a VERY short temper and tell him to get from behind her..him,smiling like a :a-censored:, says,"you have to let me shoot you and give my all your ammo". I just give him the ammo. What he doesnt know is Ray got all THEIR guns and ammo. We win.

p.s these werent in my squad.

This one little son of a :a-censored: on our team thought he would be smart. A friend was taking a break and took his glasses of and started climbing a tree ( this was a newbie and he was very sensitive to bb's still), so this lil :a-censored: decides to go full-auto tompson typewriter 300+ fps on this dude while hes up in the tree. the guy falls and the :a-censored: keeps unloading on him!!! I say "WTF why did u do that to him hes a newbie?" he says "I didnt know he didnt like it"... as if the screams of "dude stop" didnt say enough. So I filled up some water ballons and nailed him in the croch with one and then tackled him when he tried to walk away! I hate that dude!

Oh yeah and it bugs the hell out of me when this and like two other :a-censored: 's don't bring guns! Im the only one with extra guns so I have to go all the way down to my house and pick up some guns for these guys and they treat them like crap! I loaned a rifle out and its clip came back broken in half! I really gatta make a new team! One with out all these :a-censored: newbies and losers!

Hmmm... well Me and a friend were walking to a match and when we showed up they had started, so we ot our gear on and was waiting in the dugout. Well some ****head runs into the dugout and sprays us. So next round, me and my friend find him in the stands, we shot him once and he said hit... so as soon as he got off the stands, we chased him back to the dugout spraying him, and then he got us kicked out of the game.

Sorry for not going through everything but I just wanted to vent this list real quick aboiut annoying things in airsoft:

1. Cheating by having intel you're not supposed to - I.e. being the field owner and knowing the other team's route because you laid it as a game rule in the staging area or however

2. Cheating by not calling your hits or safety/knife kill

3. Talking when you're dead

4. Acting 1337 when all you really are is an @$$hole.

5. Not showing up or on time and not having the common decency of a phone call.

I think that's it for now.

Damian

The most annoying thing that has happened to me was when my team and I were practicing and some one who was immature saw us in the woods (We were setting up an ambush) when he rode his bike into the woods were we set up and was asking if we could play.

The enemy squad leader saw him looking down talking to a bush....

flanks us and we lose

Not too mention when we were loading up he dropped my friends Desert Eagle by trying to spin it on his finger.

It goes flying and hits a pile of logs.

also, asking to use someone's guns a bajillion times drives me nuts. If I say no once, I don't have to give a reason (so don't say "whyyyyyy noooooooot" in your poutiest voice) and I wont be changing my mind in the next 5 minutes, so don't wait and ask again. Drives me nuts when this happens.

I was playin airsoft with some of my friends and we were playin at a kind of desert themed paintball course, my dad knows the guy that owns it and he lets us play their with airsoft, so my team was spread out behind all these different sand dunes and I was infront of my team facing the same way that my team was facing and this really annoying short kid that everyone hates was on my team. (someone else invited him sadly enough) So he shoots me when he is on my team facing the same way I am and where the same colored orange armband in full view for him and somehow he thinks I'm on the other team. So now if he ever gets invited he plays on the other team so he can shoot them.

My little cousines have these crappy springer crossman pistols and when the come over to visit they bring them. I have 1 that I only use when the come over, the only go about 300 with .2 BB, I was about 10-15 feet away from the youngest who was using a dry creek bed as a bunker it worked pretty well til I snuck to the other side and shot him, he turned around and started yelling at me for shooting him from "2 feet away" with tears welling up in his eyes, stepped on a wasp nest and was stung like 7 times, about fove minutes later the older of the two who is now 9 called tim out so he could reload.

also, asking to use someone's guns a bajillion times drives me nuts. If I say no once, I don't have to give a reason (so don't say "whyyyyyy noooooooot" in your poutiest voice) and I wont be changing my mind in the next 5 minutes, so don't wait and ask again. Drives me nuts when this happens.
Guh... reminds me of my 6 year old niece... Spent a good 15 minutes trying to get it in her head that she wasn't getting the 1" tall good-luck-bear sitting on my monitor

My little cousines have these crappy springer crossman pistols and when the come over to visit they bring them. I have 1 that I only use when the come over, the only go about 300 with .2 BB, I was about 10-15 feet away from the youngest who was using a dry creek bed as a bunker it worked pretty well til I snuck to the other side and shot him, he turned around and started yelling at me for shooting him from "2 feet away" with tears welling up in his eyes, stepped on a wasp nest and was stung like 7 times, about fove minutes later the older of the two who is now 9 called tim out so he could reload.

People like that, who say they want to play and then can't take a hit are annoying as well.

This is what makes me want to punch a 6 year old. So :a-censored: annoying.

They are complete idiots...

Most annoying thing for me:

My uncle owns this land near us that we play on. So me, 4 friends, my two uncles and my nephew went their one saturday. My nephew who is 10 has the best gun of us all. I come over the hill with my MP5 and what does he do? Freaks out and yells timeout. I was so mad. Every time he saw someone he would yell timeout and run away. Near the end he got about 5 feet away from me and literally shot his whole 100 rd. mid-cap at me. A close to 450 fps gun at 5 ft hurts really bad. Lets say I don't play with him anymore.

ok so we were playing a really good game of airsoft, even though we had really bad guns (im the only one who buys them, and my dad only makes $800 a month) and I had the best gun (a crossman c02 pistol) and my teamate has a mini mp5, and my other teamate had a p22 lmao...

it was 3 v 4, I was on the three team. So we were gettin chased pretty hard, cause they had more guns and ammo and automatics, and my teammate with the P22 gets hit in the leg with a 150 fps lpeg and drops to the ground screaming... I was like ok wth ever and we left him behind while he was crying... so he decides to go on the other team, then like ten minutes later while me and my teamate are whoopin major booty, this guy is like, "I wanna be on your team" and me and my teammate just lit his soory but up...

Okay, so on my birthday I had just gotten a new gun. It was okay, around 350 fps, and was an MP5j. Okay, well we had about 8 people playing, and my friend had a Well m5, which was pretty nice, because we all had crappy lpegs and walmart guns, except for me and this friend. And of course, we have this kid that complains on and on. He just never stops whining about things not being fair. HE HAS A SHOTGUN, and all he does is hide the whole time, claiming that a shotgun is not a close quarters weapon. This is the first annoying kid. He does this every time and tells all of the kids who know nothing about airsoft all of his "gun knowledge". Of course they believe him, and don't listen to me. I am the "obsessed with airsoft" kid. I know more about airsoft then all of them combined.

Okay well the second kid is even worse. My friend had a crosman co2 pistol as a sidearm. (The friend with the M4.) But he shot my friend in like the cheek from 40 feet away and he cried. I felt bad for him, at first. Then he started complaining and acting like it was a huge deal and that he had suffered the worse that can happen. But he didn't. And then later I shot him from about 50 feet away, IN THE HAND, and he started balling again.

Normally, I would have gotten over this quickly. BUT he then started telling everybody that I SHOT HIM in the face from POINT BLANK! First of all, this made me look like a jerk, and second of all, it wasn't me, it was a friend from a bout 40 feet away.

And needless to say we now do our airsoft games in secret.

Edited by Dentiststomp15

also, anyone (and a few people I have seen) wanting special treatment during a game. I have even seen one kid take of his goggles so the game would be forced to stop for safety so that he could catch his breath and then move backwards. After he was all set up, he decided to resume.

Basically, you cant airsoft with little babies, I have thses two guys, and their on my squad, and they are great players, but their grandpa is always throwing crap my way and calling me a crybaby when I get on their case about cheating 9not my teammates, but some other guys we play with) and he is always saying, "The only reason you're good is because you have the best guns... And its like my teammates say they don't wanna invest in airsoft because they want to bvuy guitars, so thats not my problem, and even when I give them the better guns and take the crappy ones, I still own up...its hilarious...

I got one. One time I decided to use my 260fps spring pistol (lqtm) as my primary for one match. The little brother of my friend was sitting there trying to CATCH my Bb's. When he finally caught one, (sorta) he said that the shot didn't count because he caught it. Besides that though, he's usually pretty fun to play with.

Me and one other friend I have has a gas gun so if I bring it to a war there all like "no that gun is too powerful you cant play if you use that" Man I get so :a-censored: mad so I can only use when its just me and my other friend. It can still be fun though.

Edited by Thefuzz123

some people though assume that a gas pistol is unsafe, yet claim that shooting their 400+ fps JG at close ranges is perfectly fine.

Also, people who "by accident" shoot you. The time limit was way past, and I called to ask if anyone was left, everyone said nobody was left (two guys had quit to catch buses already) so I yell, "I quit, I need to get home, I am declaring myself out!!" exclamations for emphasis. I walk out of the bushes, guy shoots me (oh, I thought you weren't out) even when I am walking with my gun down, in plain sight, and after yelling that, and he was close enough to hear, as people farther away could. Then for some reason, when me, him and a friend are the only people there, he has to unload his guns by shooting them. He has a high quality springer that he didn't use at all, didn't plan on using, but brought and loaded anyway, :censored2:, shoots over my head, shooting in the only direction where people are... :censored2: shoots again, hits me in the :censored2: (I was bent over), I go "what the hell?" he goes "oh sorry, didn't see you." He was probably 10 feet away or less. And he claims to be going into the military.

Also, I hate people who say "oh I am going to be an army ranger, and me and some guys have clearance to form our own elite unit" but he then says he is reporting for basic training (as in, just for the army, not Basic Ranger Training) at the end of the month, and hasn't even taken the test to get in (but he should be able to pass). Don't lie like that, and if you are going to, at least be consistent.

I have 3 annoying things, they happened on the same day too.

1.) My friends and I are airsofting at my ranch. This was going to be the first time airsofting for 2 girls in our group, but one of them couldn't leave when we were leaving in the morning. So we decide she can go with a second group of friends, but they claim they already left and can't pick her up. So she cant get to play with us. What annoys me is they showed up 3 or 4 hours after us, so they really could've picked her up.

2.) When they arrived, we just finished a game and were hungry. So those of us who were already there decided to go get burgers and was gonna get the new group some as well (they wanted to play a game by themselves). So on the drive back I noticed they closed the gate to my ranch to keep my car from pulling in, no problem there. Just a funny joke. So I get out and notice one of them hiding, prone in the grass with his gun pointed at me. OK, part of the joke right? So I wave and he SHOOTS me while I have no gear, gun, or most importantly, EYE PROTECTION on. Furthermore I was right next to my car, so he could have easily it that as well. I'm mad, so I storm over to him, but then the rest of that group, hiding behind a tree, decides to shoot me too. So I'm comp[letely angry and they act like they did nothing wrong. They just waltz over and as where their food is like nothing happened. I've never had this problem with them before and I expected better from them.

3.) After I finally cooled down from that incident, we are all resting in the shade, since it was extremely hot. The second group says they want to play Protect the President, and since one person on our team (the new girl) didn't feel like playing, we were outnumbered and outskilled. 2 of the other team's members are sons of a US Marine and one other is a seasoned hunter. None of us have any skill like that, so we ask to rearrange the teams to make it more fair and fun for both sides, but they say no and that they are already set up. So their messenger leaves to join the ambush and I decide we might as well go in with a solid plan.

I spend 30 min giving them quick training and setting up a formation and we go out. As we do so they come back, mad that we haven't fallen into their trap in a game we don't want to play. They get their water and go back, we sneak around a back way and into the woods into an undetected position. I'm surprised how well we're doing, so we send out a scout who tells us where they are and we start setting up a counter-ambush right under their noses. At this point one of their team, very impatient, complaining why we haven't shot yet or more importantly, why they haven't trapped us. Since when was the game COMPLETELY about shooting? I would do paintball for that. Its about strategy, and our strategy just kept us safe from their trigger happy ambush they so desperately and impatiently failed at trapping us in.

So that day was all pretty annoying.

Edited by Zogeta

We usually play small squad based games of 6 on 6 on my uncle's plot of land during the summer months up in Wisc....great fun WHEN everyone is properly communicating and executing the squad leaders' orders.

Unfortunately we have that one kid who doesnt pay much attention and doesnt feel like hauling his arse when we advance, flank, and retreat. The worst part is that this kid can blow through an entire high cap magazine in under 15minutes when playing a 6v6. At one point he was simply shooting at one guy and one guy only and he goes, "im out of ammo!" We all turn our heads and are like, "WTF?" Apparently he doesnt shoot in bursts he literally holds the trigger down and lets loose BBs. If he is right out of range, he will not move closer or try to get a different angle. HE JUST SITS, SHOOTS, RUNS OUT OF BBs. He is my friend's cousin and noone wants him really to play because of this. (but also we feel bad to tell him how stupid he is to his face.)

and we also play with "community" BBs meaning all the ammo we bring we share. But some people really don't pitch in much money for ammo, especially this kid. And he doesnt pay for the amount he uses, which is at least 3x more than anyone else each day. I am lucky to go through a single 500 round high cap in one good match. Ive played 45minute rounds and have only gone through 380 sometimes.

So due to this guy we sorta decided to do a carry your own weight rule seeing how not everyone takes teh same amount of ammo nor do they all take the same type of BBs. but the sad thing is he still technically owes me and this other guy a bunch of money for BBs....but wont pay now that we are simply carrying our own weight. we have bought tubs of ammo that he alone has taken.....thus he needs to pay the full price....but he only puts in 1/3.

grr!

Another seperate issue was our 3 shot or a headshot and you are out rule didnt work with the ppl we played with. Some of the guys are dressed like it is winter cause they are afraid that it will "sting" but they refuse to play unless they got their layered clothing on. But when we shoot them and see BBs bounce off of them.....they do nothing and when we ask them why they didnt go out, they simply say "I didnt know I got hit" or "I only counted 1, 2 hits" Im sorry but when I unload on someone who is 50ft away and standing still.....1,2 BBs arent the only thing hitting you (try every single one)

so some people are just prone to "cheat" in their own way. Especially when they have to count to 3.....they will be like "o I think that was only 2" so they can stay in a little longer. ya, no one wants to get out right away...especially if the match lasts long, but everytime I am hit I go out. and I wear a camo jacket too and I can tell when BBs hit any part of me....it doesnt have to hurt for it to count.

grr people...

I have a friend we play with who everytime he runs out of ammo or gets hit he stands up takes off his glasses and calls a time out it just pisses the :a-censored: out of me. Post stupid or annoying things people you play with do.

I play in my yard (it has a bunker barn and trailer to use) well it was me with 3 others at night vs probly 5 others.. we had killed all but one and I told my team mate I was gonna rush in and try and kill the last guy, he was like go ahead im gonna stay back here.. so I ran up and he probly shot me 30-40 times with a kwa m4 , and as you can guess it hurt like a :a-censored: cause I was wearing a t shirt and shorts... I was yelling at him so much and he goes " I didnt know you where gonna rush idiot.." I was so mad

another time..

I was in the bunker thats really nice by the way and theres a fence around my yard and your out if you hop it, I was shooting and got like 4 out of 5 out and then I got lit up from the back from a guy that had hopped and he was like "I don't care your still out" ...grr

I have a friend we play with who everytime he runs out of ammo or gets hit he stands up takes off his glasses and calls a time out it just pisses the :a-censored: out of me. Post stupid or annoying things people you play with do.

I have a friend who called a time out after he ran out of ammo and he was reloading a magazine with a speedloader. he said don't shoot and everyone pretty much got mad at him