admin

Gas Gun Maintenance

This short summary is about Gas Pistols and hand gun care, though much of this also pertains to gas rifles as well. The following is intended as a guide but please take care of your Gas Gun as outlined in your owner's manual.

Fill the magazine by holding it upside down and insert the tip of the can into the connection point on the magazine or clip. Make sure that the can is parallel to the magazine and that it is not tilting sideways at all. Make sure the nozzles get a firm seal, and proceed to fill the "Liquid" into the mag with short bursts of 3 to 5 seconds of charge.

Filling time depends on the mag capacity. A normal handgun mag is generally about 3 seconds. A 50-round mag is usually about 5-6 seconds. This will insure you get a full charge of gas, for the amount of BBs. Be sure not to overfill your magazine with gas. Do not fill for more than the specified time as you could over charge it. Do not fill for more than 6 seconds.

Pressing the silver or brass metal button on the side of the mag will discharge the Gas. This is designed to release the gas because you don't want to store it with a full charge which can wear the seals out storing it under pressure.

Fire the gun in warm weather as it will not cycle well in cold weather. Rapid-firing of the gas-gun can sometimes cause it to freeze up, resulting in improper firing. This is usually not a problem in the Summer months though.

Be sure to keep your slide and all moving parts slightly lubed with SILICONE oil. Do not use anything else. 100% pure silicone oil is recommened, as it is safe for use on plastic and rubber parts. Hoppes #9, wd-40, and other products will damage the gun.

Lubricating the slide will keep the gun working like new. Not keeping the slide clean will cause jams and improper function just like with a real firearm. Use care so as to not over lubricate the gun as this can cause problems too.

Each Gas Gun will specify a certain type of gas and it is recommended that you use the gas that your gun requires.

one more thing, if you plan to keep the gun in storage for a while, for ex. waiting till summer because its winter and can mess up your gun, try to keep a little gas in the magazine so the valves don't stick and the o-rings don't get out of shape. But do not fill the mag completely, only a littlebit of gas, not a full mag. Other than that everything else admin said is completely true

Don't overlube your guns. Very little oil is really necessary. If you're gun is wetly glistening (wet like a newbies GBB?) or dripping dust and dirt may stick to the lube and accelerate wear on sliding surfaces.

In truth, I find silicone lube a very poor lubricant. It's only saving grace is it's chemical inertness. Few plastics are affected by silicone oil. Silicone oil makes a good pneumatic lubricant as it does not attack rubber parts like orings. A very light film reduces friction on sliding rubber parts (read blowback seals) and prevents them from drying and cracking.

In all other places I find a very light application of white lithium grease is best. Most brands do not attack slide materials. Because it's a grease, it does not run continuously. I also find that white lithium grease does not stick to dirt and gunk very much, but it provides very smooth lubrication for metal-metal, metal-plastic, and plastic-plastic sliding surfaces.

Guest THE M9Er

same problem with the abs plastic guns, if you over lube the gun the slide will not blow back and just stick untill you hear all the gas spray out of your mag, which sucks :censored2:. usually I have problems with the gas overlubing the gun too which leads to the same problem, soo I take off my slide and get a cotton rag and dry out the rails on the guns slide.

is it ok to use the lube oil used for real steel such as remington oil?

No, From what I have been hearing, it ruins the seals on the Gun. . .

Don't overlube your guns. Very little oil is really necessary. If you're gun is wetly glistening (wet like a newbies GBB?) or dripping dust and dirt may stick to the lube and accelerate wear on sliding surfaces.

In truth, I find silicone lube a very poor lubricant. It's only saving grace is it's chemical inertness. Few plastics are affected by silicone oil. Silicone oil makes a good pneumatic lubricant as it does not attack rubber parts like orings. A very light film reduces friction on sliding rubber parts (read blowback seals) and prevents them from drying and cracking.

In all other places I find a very light application of white lithium grease is best. Most brands do not attack slide materials. Because it's a grease, it does not run continuously. I also find that white lithium grease does not stick to dirt and gunk very much, but it provides very smooth lubrication for metal-metal, metal-plastic, and plastic-plastic sliding surfaces.

I have a "lithium complex"grease, called "hi temp grease for wheel bearing and disk brakes." would this be a good grease for my slide on my kjw p226 since its metal on metal? in all reality it looks like plain lithium grease, that yellowish tan with a buttery texture.....maybe its the same thing? I realise it only takes a light application, just a thin layer only...I just wanted to make sure its not going to damage my gun.

Edited by gilla409

as far as reassembly after maintenance first, make sure the mag is not installed or you will not be able to get the slide back on, then just line it up and rack it like you are chambering a round, if you removed the slide properly and the recoil spring and outer barrel are lined up, then there should be no problem.....just rack it.

as far as reassembly after maintenance first, make sure the mag is not installed or you will not be able to get the slide back on, then just line it up and rack it like you are chambering a round, if you removed the slide properly and the recoil spring and outer barrel are lined up, then there should be no problem.....just rack it.

There is only one problem with this, and that is that I took apart my HFC C96. I would have it together already, but there is only one problem, and that is that it is impossible.

Sorry to bring a somewhat dead thread back, but I didn't want to post again.

Is there a step by step review/thread somewhere on the KWA G19 glock, to take apart and put back together? I'am very visual...

Also, I read what you should do for the gun, I don't have the gun yet so sorry if its in the manual but what is the first things I need to do to my gun before the first shots?

same problem with the abs plastic guns, if you over lube the gun the slide will not blow back and just stick untill you hear all the gas spray out of your mag, which sucks :censored2:. usually I have problems with the gas overlubing the gun too which leads to the same problem, soo I take off my slide and get a cotton rag and dry out the rails on the guns slide.

I have one of KJW's M9 GBB pistols. Whenever I shoot it, the slide doesn't move at all and all of the gas sprays out of the gun. If there is a bb in the chamber, then that bb will shoot but the slide won't recoil to load the next round. Does this have something to do with the gun lubing you've been talking about or do I need professional help? Ive never actually put any oil on it, but the gas im using does have some silicon oil included in the gas mixture

I wasn't too sure if this was the best thread to post this...

But for the guys asking us to finish the manual. Well, here it is! :)

Prevent losing screws, springs, hard to find parts... With over 300 pictures and illustrations. This step-by-step take down manual could just be your break from the high airsmith charges!

Do it yourself! And literally be the master of your own pistol. The manual contains legends of projectile direction warnings, important parts to note, lubrication instructions, much more.

Step-by-step guide to disassembling and assembling the following:

- Slide

- Frame

- Grip

- Magazine

- And the respective internals!

All 100+ pages and 300+ pictures and illustrations for this limited-time price offer. Say goodbye to that $20-$100 for regular airsmith maintenance charges.

Hope this would be a big help... specially for those asking about how to DIY their TM disassembly / assembly.

Just go to the zerosight accessories site and click on "Products." It is under the Airsoft Gun Care Downloads section.

Enjoy!

Wherever you buy The adapter from Buy lube too

By the way

I used propane in my TM Hi-capa for about a month before the rear sight popped off becasue of the harder recoil

thanks for the help

Guest hkssr20det
I used propane in my TM Hi-capa for about a month before the rear sight popped off becasue of the harder recoil

Really? First I have heard of that.

Guest CaptainPlastic
Really? First I have heard of that.

Me too...

You'd need monster recoil to cause the plastic to flex to the point where the sight popped out of a 4.3 slide and titanic recoil to undo or shear the screw holding the 5.1s sight on.

Sounds 'Phishy'... :a-laugh:

Me too...

You'd need monster recoil to cause the plastic to flex to the point where the sight popped out of a 4.3 slide and titanic recoil to undo or shear the screw holding the 5.1s sight on.

Sounds 'Phishy'... :a-laugh:

Agreed. But...there's a screw holding the 5.1 sight on? Never noticed that, I always thought it was just the BBU keeping it in place.

Guest CaptainPlastic
Agreed. But...there's a screw holding the 5.1 sight on? Never noticed that, I always thought it was just the BBU keeping it in place.

My mistake.

And that's the end of that.

Edited by CaptainPlastic

Can anyone be more specific about loading the gas? I seem to be doing it wrong as the gas keeps on spilling out. Maybe it's because I'm not pressing on hard enough or that it's not paralell enough... any tips? Bare with me please, I'm really bad at this >_>

tip the mag upside down, set the nozzle of the gas onto the filling valve on the mag. make sure its completley parralel to the valve on the mag, not the bottom of the mag itself. you don't need to push super hard just enough to make the gas come out.

Hey guys, I just figured that I would put a new lube out there. I use this stuff in everything and I swear by it. I've used it in AEGs, GBBs, Paintball Guns, Real Guns, pretty much everything.

LOVE JUICE super-X-treme OIL has the ablity to mist, ensuring it finds its way into every nook and cranny. What's more, super-X-treme OIL will not attack or react with rubber and plastic making this an ideal lubricant.

Remember though, only one drop.

The performance properties of this product are even echoed by the bottle and applicator which have been specifically designed to allow incredible accuracy in application and econony in use.

One bottle of LOVE JUICE super-X-treme OIL will give you between 20 and 30 applications. Not bad for a little bit of LOVE.

LOVE JUICE super-X-treme OIL is also kinder to you and the environment, being thinner, cleaner and non-carcingenic.

KEY FEATURES:

A low viscosity/low temp oil

Does not affect rubber

Non-gumming

Non Toxic

Water repellent

Misting ability

Thinner

Cleaner

Non-carcinogenic

Ideal for high speed applications.

can also be used for - BMX - MOUNTAIN BIKES- JETSKIS - SKATEBOARDS - ROLLER

BLADES - BUZZ BOARDS - AIR GUNS - FIREARMS

I've a G17 with plastic slide. I clean the gun after every game to keep it in working order. I use a slightest amount of 'Judy Butter' which I use on my mountain bike forks. In essence it's nothing more then a grease that's used in axel bearings or so on.

Anyway, I use just the slightest a it's ensure the slide operates sweet. I did not fine the silicon oil easy to use to be honest. I completely agree with the OP, WD 40 is a big no no. Only use that to free stuff up and have never needed to free stuff up with my airsoft gear.

Good Hunting

What will happen if I leave the gas in the magazine for a while? I heard that pressing the Discharge gas button a lot will ruin the tip of the magazine.

And what problem am I doing if my bb's are falling short even if the mag is full of gas and the hop up is where it used to be. (This problem just started occurring, I didn't touch the hop up before it happened).