to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Guest Mad_tomato

So How Bad Is Evike, Really?

Evike service quality  

133 members have voted

1. 1. If you have bought from evike, did you encounter any problems?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If you did get a problem, what was it?

• Slow shipping
    • Wrong or broken products
    • Refusal to refund products
    • Extra charging on credit card
    • Other (specify)

Guest Mad_tomato

NO VOTING UNLESS YOU BOUGHT!

Edit: Other counts as no problems encountered,I guess, stupid me forgot to add that choice.

Well, I always wanted to buy from evike. They have excellent prices, and a massive collection of products, the largest on the continental US. Maybe larger than poweredge(not the point though) I could buy internals otherwise unacquirable unless I buy from asia, and save money by paying for only one order

So, I'd like to know how many people actually have had a bad experience, what it was, and would you recommend buying?

Edited by Mad_tomato

NO VOTING UNLESS YOU BOUGHT!

Well, I always wanted to buy from evike. They have excellent prices, and a massive collection of products, the largest on the continental US. Maybe larger than poweredge(not the point though) I could buy internals otherwise unacquirable unless I buy from asia, and save money by paying for only one order

So, I'd like to know how many people actually have had a bad experience, what it was, and would you recommend buying?

I always buy from evike regardless of their supposidly "bad" cs. They have good prices for the most part and their shipping is good. You should have added a "I haven't had a problem" choice for the people who voted no problems like me.

Guest hkssr20det

I only buy parts or gas from them, but I have never had a problem and that included buying 134A even when others had stopped shipping it. Checking out the rest of their stuff, man some of their prices for guns are outrageous.

I also wouldn't trust their tech service. I just had to rebuild and re-tune a gun they had worked on more than once. Until they get new techs, I would stay away.

My roommate just bought a CA g36k from them... the box arrived, it was a ca g36k box, literature, everything.. only thing was, inside the box was a full sized g36 not a g36k!

Called evike and they kinda acted like " are you sure you know what youre looking for... etc etc.." it was kinda sneaky like they were trying to get rid of inventory and sending a similar if incorrect model in a different ones place...

anyway, sent the gun back at his expense.. said they would check it out and send back the correct model... guess we'll wait and see. *fingers crossed* :a-nonod:

Edited by nukeduster

Where is all of the above??

I ordered several items from them, namely a system magnum long and a tightbore barrel[don't recall the brand, been a while.]

Two weeks later... nothing. So I give them a call. "Oh, sorry, those items were out of stock." I asked why they didn't e-mail me or call and they actually said "We were waiting for you to call." Which prompted a quick 'what the f*** is your problem?' from me.

When it showed up, they had sent me a Guarder Hi-Torque long motor and the tightbore was in an anonymous clear plastic tube, the label removed, with "6.04" written in sharpy on the tubing.

Again, I called them to let them know of their mistake.

Me-You sent me the wrong motor.

Him - Are you sure?

Me - Yes, I'm sure, I ordered a systema long magnum, I got a guarder long.

Him - Hmm, whats your order number?

Me - #####

Him - Alright, pack up the motor and send it back.

Me - How will I be refunded?

Him - what?

I'll spare you the rest. They expected me to pay for shipping of the motor. Eventually, I ended up 10 bucks short [to pay for shipping] and without a motor. I bought from AirsoftGi instead.

Guest Mad_tomato

Well these results are unencouraging..

And dang-it, I did forget to add a I didn't have any problems section.

Guest yubbermax

They didn't tell me that the Echo1 MP-5 was out of stock even though it says it was in stock. It took probably 3 weeks to get here after the first shipment.

Well, I live near enough to them that I can drive there, so if you buy at their store you can make sure you've got the right stuff, and their guys usually do know their stuff, just not always.

The only time I remember ordering from them was when I ordered my G&P aimpoint replica. I didn't know it wasn't a G&P until the activation knob malfunctioned, so I headed over there to get it replaced. The guy asked if it was supposed to be the G&P red and green dot sight, I told him it was, and he said that they had sent the wrong one. He replaced it with the right one, and gave me 4 extra batteries.

So, I would recommend buying at their store if you can, because sometimes their internet prices are off, and they sell things even cheaper, and you can make sure everything is alright before they ship it.

Packaging was almost non-existant (throw the items into a box, shut the box. Actually it was force the items into a box; they bent the packagin around my TB to get it to fit) and I still haven't received a part, any kind of reply or anything (it's been since end of July). I've given up, and am not going to order from them again.

I've bought from them many times and I've never had problems.

In fact, they usually will throw in free stuff, random spring pistols, free BBs, ALWAYS free calendars, pens, barrel condoms, ect...

I've never once had a problem with them, and I'd recommend them 100%.

The only time I've ever personally known someone who had a problem with them was my friend who tried to buy a broomstick pistol mag from them, they ran out of the mags, so they just sent him a whole extra pistol...

Not too bad in my mind. I'd like to get a free gun with the mag any day over a refund.

The only "issue" I have ever encountered was with a back ordered item. An item they showed in stock was actually back ordered. So I waited a week and called. They swapped out the cylinder in a m16 kit with a m4 cylinder to fill my order rather than make me wait any longer.

So In my book they are ok, I have ordered 3 times total from them, I'd recommend them to others.

I've purchased from evike probably 6 times now. For the most part I avoid them at all costs, but when it comes down to it, they do have a couple good deals, mainly on bbs. I found them on ebay for the first time a few years back.. and they sell decent quality bb's on these little "special offer" deals where its free shipping and you get 1k for like 3 bucks. They aren't the best but I use them for plinking and stuff. The shipping is always next day for me, well because they are located 250 miles from me. My only real complaint is that they have extremely bad communication. There has been multiple times where I will email them or call and I never get a response. The trick is to just keep bugging them. As for the prices, I find that in like 95% of their sales, they are higher prices than most other places.

Well, does there Ebay count?

If so I have recently had a great order with them.

I ordered a Galaxy Mp5k PDW for $92 shipped. (Yay! lol)

Anyway, I got my package within 2 days from wining the bid. Thats right, 2 days. Shipping was less that what the acctual cost to Hawaii (useually $70 but they charged $29.99) and the package came very quickly.

I only had one real problem. It was missing a pin for the grip. It looks like they opened the package and saw the missing pin. Thats fine for me because I had an extra.

If you would ask me I would say there E-bay team is great.

I didn't encounter any problems when buying my AEG from there.

Their walk in store is 20 minutes from my house and its pretty darn impressive.

They also host some great scenarios in the So-Cal area, my friend went to one.

Edited by Novalord2

I've bought from them three times. No problems at all, except the second time some goggles got backordered for a couple of weeks. And the latest time, two of the packages of ammo I bought had split open (all the ammo was still in the box, though).

Overall, I'm pretty happy with Evike.

--==DoF==--

I ordered a few parts from them. they came pretty slowly. and then I had a systema duracon piston head blow up on me after maximum 100 shots and they wouldn't take it back or give a refund. they didnt even bother responding to my emails.

I bought an ak from them about 14 months ago. They said it was in stock and would ship the next day. Well I never got a tracking number and after 5 days after they said it would ship I hadent arrived. I emailed them 20 times and got no reply. I ended up calling them and finally got an answer. They said oh its out of stock sorry. I said u just told me it was in stock. They said we are getting more in tomorrow and will send I right out. Well same thing again a week and no gun. Called them back had basically the same conversation. This tim the gun did come but it came a different courier than I paid extra for. No refund, no apology . Nothing. They have cheap prices but very poor customer service. I have had 3 or 4 friends with similiar problems with evike. I say stay away

I've ordered 3 times. never a problem. They had excellent customer service, and the shipping was free and quick.

Guest ads777345

I bought an ICS gearbox for an MP5 from Evike. The gearbox was scheduled to ship within a day or two. The gearbox never shipped untill two weeks later. It came in a third week.

Just in case anyone wants to know. That gearbox broke after 500 rounds or so because of REALLY bad shimming and an unevenly stripped piston. I think that the shimming error was an ICS error, not an Evike error. I shimmed the gearbox and replaced the piston, but I never used it afterwards because the MP5 already ticked me off for quite some time.

I did get a CA G36c from there that worked like a charm after replacing the hop-up.

I tried buying a classic army sportline m15a4 with retractable stock. the pictuer on the site was an retractable one, the description didn't specify. I got a classic army sportline m15a4 with full stock and a value pack. still the same price thought. the gun broke within days. the sling broke at the front. the gun's loop thing that holds the sling broke. the dust cover thing and charging handle broke. and since I'm small for my age I can't aim or hold the gun very well.but im still pretty much neutral with evike

Almost every time I go over there to buy stuff, they are sold out on at least 1 thing that I wanted. They do not do inventory looking for stuff on their website is pretty much useless if you want to buy.

Somebody I know bought a g36 from them online and waited about a month and it didnt came. He called them and ask for a refund and they pretty much said "oh we found one" and shipped it out. I wonder how long it would have take for them to ship it if he didnt call?

Also if your stuff are breaking, it isnt evike fault unless they acually worked on the parts you are ordering.

That would definetely be the easyiest but I think one of the coolest would be ww2 but price would be pretty crazy and most of the guns are hard to find.

Evike usealy never has problems besides slow shipping, otherwise ive never had a problem

I am loyal to Evike.

They are great, but they do have slow shipping.

That is really it.

The only problem I had as well with them was when I first ordered my stuff, I ordered some BBs as well. The bag was open and BBs were everywhere. I was upset but ended up laughing.

Otherwise they are a great company. There prices are low, they have free shipping for ordres over $100, and they are very nice on the phone.

The one time I tried ordering from them, I ordered a pre-order item.

It was supposed to be in stock 1 month after I placed the order. I anxiously waited that month.

The next month, I noticed they moved the date to 2 weeks later. I thought I could handle that, and waited.

2 weeks later they moved the deadline to the next month!! That would have been almost 3 months waiting for my order to be shipped!

When I asked them to cancel my order and refund my money, it was a pain. I finally had to file a complaint with paypal, and they refunded the money 3 hours after I filed the complaint.

I kind of don't trust them after that...