to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
moose0ntheloose

Maruzen Ca870 Question

ok, so I really love the look of the G&P M870 tactical but I don't like the price tag. redwolf says they are modeled after the maruzen CA870 but I can't find that kind of version for maruzen. can you buy a scope mount rail for the maruzen one? and can you get a power upgrade for the maruzen? o by the way im thinking of the maruzen CA870 charger version which looks the same but w/o the rail and sight and with shorter barrel(I couldn't find a longer barrel version) any help is appreciated.

Edited by moose0ntheloose

You don't like the look of the price tag? That price is a steal.

Here is what it would cost if you were to build a very similar model. WGC shop isn't working so I can't get the link to the correct stock.

Maruzen CA870 "Sawn-off" - $85 - PowerEdgeUSA

G&P CA870 Metal Body - $100 - UNCompany

G&P Aimpoint Replica - $105 - AirsoftGI

STAR 6 Position Stock & Hand grip for CA870 - $133 - WGCShop

G&P Shotgun RAS - $69 - WGCShop

G&P Front Barrel Set (Medium) - $66 - WGCShop

G&P 22rd Magazine - $9 - WGCShop

ANGS M120 - $18 - WGCShop

$585 without shipping OR labour.

The G&P models INTERNALS are modeled after the CA870. There is no model that looks identical to the G&P M870 Tactical.

Yes, there are power upgrades, however they are usually out of stock and/or hard to find.

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask because I own the version you want.

Edited by Phobia3472

Guest JBauer2492
ok, so I really love the look of the G&P M870 tactical but I don't like the price tag. redwolf says they are modeled after the maruzen CA870 but I can't find that kind of version for maruzen. can you buy a scope mount rail for the maruzen one? and can you get a power upgrade for the maruzen? o by the way im thinking of the maruzen CA870 charger version which looks the same but w/o the rail and sight and with shorter barrel(I couldn't find a longer barrel version) any help is appreciated.

I have experience with this series, I owned a G&P m870 long folding stock version. Since you're looking at the tactical version, I would recommend starting with a maruzen ca870 charger base. It is in stock here at a great price:

http://www.poweredgeusa.com/product.asp?Ca...=72&ID=3271

Yes, you can get both a scope mount and power upgrades, but the power upgrades have limited availability, however echo1 just released a new m1014 series, internally based on the ca870. They are pre-upgraded to 425fps. It is possible that with this release, echo 1 will release some aftermarket parts for the gun.

Here is what it would cost if you were to build a very similar model. WGC shop isn't working so I can't get the link to the correct stock.

The G&P models INTERNALS are modeled after the CA870. There is no model that looks identical to the G&P M870 Tactical.

Yes, there are power upgrades, however they are usually out of stock and/or hard to find.

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask because I own the version you want.

When you add up all the parts and compare it is a good deal, but for what the gun is I do not think it's worth the price. Also, some things you listed aren't necessary. The Star stock is a waste because (correct me if I'm wrong) it's plastic, and the quality of the original ca870 charger stock is good enough. I would not put $100 into the gun for the metal body because it's a single shot spring shotgun, and the texture/quality of the original ca870 body is good. Now the g&p metal body is great, very sturdy and well built, but I personally don't think it's worth the $100 to get for this type of gun.

Here is my list for creating a good replica, very similar to the g&p m870 tactical.

-Maruzen CA870 Charger ($115)

-G&P shotgun RAS ($69)

-G&P front barrel set-medium ($65)

-Angs M120 spring ($15)

$264

If I were creating a g&p m870 tactical style gun, that is what I would get.

You could throw in the metal body, add $100, and you have $364. That is still below the price of about $440 shipped of a G&P m870 tactical which costs that much shipped overseas, the only place it can be bought from.

The RAS does look very awesome, and I would definitely be tempted to buy one myself, but if you're not the kind of person who wants extras like red dots, then there is no need for the RAS so the price now becomes $199, plus the ups ground shipping fee.

Also, the g&p series have an inferior hop up system, unless modified. Without touching the hop up system, it underhops BBs out to about 140ft. I modified mine before I sold it to slightly overhop 0.20g, making it perfect for 0.23g. The system really worked great and I was happy with it, but it does take time to work on. The hop up is not adjustable like an AEG is, but it is technically adjustable. You can remove the outer barrel and put more tension on the hop up rubber, but it's not the most effective nor reliable way of modifying, and it is a little finicky.

The maruzen ca870 newer series have adjustable hop ups, adjusted by simply twisting an allen screw located on the outside of the barrel.

Also, none of the original parts are included with the g&p.

The g&p series do indeed have great value, but there are a few quirks that lower value like the hop up system. If you value certain parts like the metal body, the RAS, and the red dot, then you might be better off with the g&p. I personally was not into that, but many are. If I were building a single shot spring gun I would certainly not put the STAR stock in which seems like basically the same thing as the original.

Don't forget the ANGS metal spring guide... one of the hardest parts to find ^^ =P

Don't forget the ANGS metal spring guide... one of the hardest parts to find ^^ =P

As far as I know, G&P shotguns come with plastic spring guides and work just fine.

However if you were upgrading it to over 400fps then I would suggest finding a metal spring guide, or buy one when the plastic one breaks.

Edited by Phobia3472

alright thanks for all the help guys. I want to keep the cost in the 200 range rather than the 400 range so I think im going to shoot for something like JBauer2492 said. I want the g&p version but im not really willing to spend that much as this is going to be my secondary. so I guess im looking at

-G&P shotgun RAS ($69)

-Angs M120 spring ($15)

and the metal angs spring guide im assuming I need if I upgrade the spring, even for this setup?

Guest JBauer2492
alright thanks for all the help guys. I want to keep the cost in the 200 range rather than the 400 range so I think im going to shoot for something like JBauer2492 said. I want the g&p version but im not really willing to spend that much as this is going to be my secondary. so I guess im looking at

-G&P shotgun RAS ($69)

-Angs M120 spring ($15)

and the metal angs spring guide im assuming I need if I upgrade the spring, even for this setup?

I examined the parts inside the g&p m870. The only part that was changed was the spring, the plastic spring guide remained. You could run it with the plastic spring guide just fine.

As far as I know, G&P shotguns come with plastic spring guides and work just fine.

However if you were upgrading it to over 400fps then I would suggest finding a metal spring guide, or buy one when the plastic one breaks.

I'd be hesitant to run it with the stock plastic spring guide, and hey, with a metal one, you're going to be sure it isn't going to break.

Guest JBauer2492
I'd be hesitant to run it with the stock plastic spring guide, and hey, with a metal one, you're going to be sure it isn't going to break.

True, but the steel spring guide with bearing costs $26 and is out of stock. During my time owning one I put a decent amount of shots through it without it showing any signs of weakness or future breakage. You can feel safe using the stock plastic one.