to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
JDKauff5

Maruzen M1100 Revision Questions.

Im looking into getting my first high end shotgun and I got some questions. Im looking for a shotgun that has good power and range that could compete against an AEG in battle. I was looking on redwolf when I found this http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?prodID=19508 the maruzen m1100 revision for $159 and you can get a redwolf custom 400fps upgrade for another $145. One question I have is with this model do you fill every shell with gas or is the gas stored inside the gun. also if each shell is filled do you only get one shot per fill or if its stored in the gun how many shots do you get per fill? If there is anything you think is a better option please let me know. Im looking for something I can use in wooded environments and still compete I don't really want to waste money on something that only shots 50ft and has no accuracy. Im trying to stay around $400 or $500.

Im looking into getting my first high end shotgun and I got some questions. Im looking for a shotgun that has good power and range that could compete against an AEG in battle. I was looking on redwolf when I found this http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?prodID=19508 the maruzen m1100 revision for $159 and you can get a redwolf custom 400fps upgrade for another $145. One question I have is with this model do you fill every shell with gas or is the gas stored inside the gun. also if each shell is filled do you only get one shot per fill or if its stored in the gun how many shots do you get per fill? If there is anything you think is a better option please let me know. Im looking for something I can use in wooded environments and still compete I don't really want to waste money on something that only shots 50ft and has no accuracy. Im trying to stay around $400 or $500.

If you're looking for a shotgun that can compete against AEG's in battle, any of the Maruzen shotguns are the wrong place to look, they are strictly a CQB weapon because of piss weak power. To answer your other questions:

- The gun stores gas in the pistol grip

- You can get around 50 rounds off a single fill

- From my own experience the best woodland shotguns are the Marui shotguns, Maruzen spring CA870 series (once upgraded), and the G&P shotguns. If you still wanna go the gas route the best gas shotgun for woodland scenarios is the Marushin Mossberg M500.

All of these shotguns are well within your listed price range of $400~$500. Take a look at those and see what you like, still have questions after that, come back and ask.

Im looking for something that shoots multiple bb's per shot so the G&P and M870 arent really what im looking for. If I got the m1100 and got the redwolf 400 fps upgrade you still don't think it could compete in woodland battles? IF I went the TM route is there any upgrade possibilty with them?

While I cannot describe the actual effects of an M1100 upgraded by Redwolf, I'm fairly sure that it would be 400 FPS with just one bb, whenever you load more than one bb into a shell on any of the Maruzen models, they lose power drastically. The gun is also far too short to be accurate at ranges anyway. I actually own a TM M3 and its a pretty good woodland weapon, mine shot in the low 300's when I bought it, but I've used it much since then and it shoots in the low 290's while that doesn't sound like much the range on the TM is 125 feet effective and 150 maximum. Upgrade possibilities are very limited, you can get a pack of 3 tightbores (the gun has three inner barrels) which increases accuracy but I doubt your buying a shotgun for that. There are also some slightly stronger springs that bring the FPS up a little more, but they aren't worth installing since the interior of the gun is complicated. Although I may be making the gun sound lame its still a great woodland weapon that can compete with AEG's as long as don't use the same tactics with an AEG and the gun penetrates most brush quite well. If you have your heart set on a Maruzen go with the M870 (not the CA870 springer) as the M1100 series always seems to have something wrong with it, not a problem if you're good at fixing problems though.

Im looking for something that shoots multiple bb's per shot so the G&P and M870 arent really what im looking for. If I got the m1100 and got the redwolf 400 fps upgrade you still don't think it could compete in woodland battles? IF I went the TM route is there any upgrade possibilty with them?

Get a Marushin Mossberg M500 8mm, GG US version. Shoots 420 fps with 3 8mm .27g bb's. Good enough for 100 feet.

Get a Marushin Mossberg M500 8mm, GG US version. Shoots 420 fps with 3 8mm .27g bb's. Good enough for 100 feet.

I'll agree that for woodland skirmishing the Marushin M500 series is your best bet. However, if you really want to be able to fire 10 bbs per shot and don't mind having to pick up spent shells or use a shell catcher than the best option out there is a Maruzen M870 BV shotgun with Redwolf's Clarence Lai upgrade package.

Why do I suggest going for the pump action Maruzen M870 over the M1100 or Tanaka's M870? Let me take a minute to explain...

The huge problem with the M1100 is the shell ejection system. When used with green gas (and even when used with 134a gas over a long enough period of time) the shell ejection mechanism called the "extractor" slowly wears down, burrs, and generally becomes deformed or worn down enough that the gun will no longer eject shells properly. This means that after every single shot the shell will jam inbetween the body of the gun and the bolt system when it tries to eject the shell, leaving you having to manually remove the spent shell jammed in the ejection port and :censored2: the gun again to load a new shell.

This applies to every M1100 Maruzen ever made, including the newer Revision version and the Clarence Lai upgraded version. I know this because I personally bought a CL upgraded M1100 Revision about a year and a half ago. I ran it on green gas with nine rounds of 0.12g BBs per shell and the range and spread were amazing. It had the range of a stock Marui MP5 but with a giant 8 foot wide spread of BBs at 90 feet. It was a killer gun and absolutely rocked in every way... well, for the first two weeks that is. After two weeks of daily use with green gas the ejector mechanism had worn down enough that it was stovepiping (jamming shells in the breech when fired) every other round or so. After a month of use it would jam like this every single round and I eventually ended up selling it for parts because it was useless to skirmish with since it jammed after every shot and took a good 10 seconds or so to unjam and manually load in a new shell each time.

So if you want a powerful shotgun with a good spread that will be at all reliable than avoid the Maruzen M1100, even with the Clarence Lai upgrade. The only safe way to use an M1100 and have it last is to leave it bone stock and run it on 134a gas only, and even then it still won't last more than a year or two of regular use before it starts stovepiping shells every few shots.

Instead I suggest, if you have the money, to get a Clarence Lai upgraded Maruzen M870 from Redwolf. It will have all the amazing power and range of the upgraded M1100 only since it's a non-blowback gun there is no blowback mechanism to worry about breaking down in the M870. Because of this it should last a very long time and be an excellent preformer once the Clarence Lai upgraded valve, hammer spring, and other goodies are installed. In stock form it doesn't have enough power to scare a mouse, but with the CL upgrades it's a real beast and should give you everything you want in a shotgun.

And lastly, on the topic of M870s, the only reviews I have heard of the Tanaka M870s have ultimately been negative ones. I've seen 3 or 4 people own them so far and every one has had things start breaking apart after a few months of use. Cracked trigger mechs, broken shell feeding systems, screws falling out and jamming up the internals, and other such problems. People's initial reviews and first impressions were always very good, but ultimately everyone I've seen buy a Tanaka M870 has had it break down to the point that it was nothing more than a paper weight within 6 months after buying it.

So yeah, my advice is to go with a Marushin M500 8mm shotgun but if you really want the realistic shotgun effect of 9 BBs per shot and don't mind picking up (and possibly losing) spent shells or using a shell catcher than a Clarence Lai upgraded M870 is an excellent choice. Just be sure to avoid the M1100 series unless you plan to use it for CQB only and don't mind only using 134a gas and four or five 0.12g BBs per shell to retain decent power.

Hope that helps! ^_^

Edited by Jin

I wouldnt be able to use it at my local field.

Right now im leaning towards the Maruzen m870 but its out of stock at redwolf. Is maruzen compatible with the tanaka m870 extended magazine tube or is it just for tanaka? Also are they abel to except tightbores?