to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
bat21win

Post Pics Of Any Custom Paintjob On A Gun, Here

Great paint jobs all three of you. But I got a question. I see people often saying wash your gun with warm water to clean off particles and I was outside using Mineral Spirits and thought why not just use this? I figured there was something I was missing. Can I use mineral spirits to clean my gun before painting? (It's a Bar 10 stock if that changes anything)

Great paint jobs all three of you. But I got a question. I see people often saying wash your gun with warm water to clean off particles and I was outside using Mineral Spirits and thought why not just use this? I figured there was something I was missing. Can I use mineral spirits to clean my gun before painting? (It's a Bar 10 stock if that changes anything)

You can, but I would think that washing it down with good old soap and water would be better.

Also, here is my CYMA AK-74 (CM-031). It's going to be for sale soon.

sc3kt4.jpg

This is the way to go IMO as long as the chemicals wont damage any sensitive plastics. This works much better than soap and water at removing fine particles and oil. Rubbing/Denatured alcohol will also work for surface prep cleaning before paint.

Edited by aloh

Well, here is my collection. I have owned 3 JG BAR 10's, only 1 of which is in working condition right now :( I also own a Double Eagle UMG, a Double Eagle M47 shotgun, and a Double Eagle M22 pistol. The UMG was my first gun, then when I got more serious about aisoft I purchased a BAR 10, it broke (my fault), purchased another (broke again, my fault), and just purchased another about a month ago and it's great! I saw the shotgun and pistol at a flea market for cheap, so I thought what the heck and bought em.

All paint jobs were done by me except for the tan BAR 10 with the bi-pod.

AirsoftGuns062.jpg

The gun with the bi-pod is chronoing at 430 fps with .3 gram bbs and at 600 fps with .12 gram bbs :P

If you want me to give your gun a paintjob lemme know. Since I'm just starting out in this "business", you just pay shipping, no labor charge right now. :)

Please leave any comments or questions you have.

did this paint job today, not sure what brand my M4 is , I forgot and its not marked... I layed down a base of OD green , then used small branches from a little tree and went over it with an oregano paint color, then used a brighter green here and there.. think it turned out decent , could of put a little more time into it , but I'm rather happy with it

any queations or suggestions??

camoM4.jpg

Okay so here was my first attempt at what I saw in my mind as a unique but effective camo.

G36K

G36.jpg

Now here is the end result ... JG Bar-10

Bar-10.jpg

Bar-102.jpg

#1 Primed White

#2 Painted entire gun with light tan

#3 taped ferns on painted with avacado

#4 Taped Alder leaves on (leaving ferns in place) Painted light Olive

#5 Held Cedar Bough in hand and painted with dark Olive in splotches

#6 Transparent Olive Drab ink glaze

#7 Sealed with flat finish...

Anyone tried multicaming their rifle? I'm tempted to just get Lakota to do it, but 250 + 40 per mag + shipping both ways is pretty steep O.o

I did a helmet, once... and it turned out okay, but not great. Oh, and it took me a day and a half. If you get the right colors, have a plan, and prepare yourself to do insane amounts of masking... yeah, it's doable. However, if you want it to really look like multicam, just have the water transfer done.

Here's my SAW:

4596407933_1ff3bd7cec_o.jpg

4597023128_a5a0dbe25a_o.jpg

4597023460_10d152f3d5_o.jpg

CYMA m14 SOCOM 16 with the CYMA rail system and a custom made mock suppressor. Also quite a few upgrades internally along with fine tuning and such. Consistent on 400-405 fps. And, under good conditions, about 210 feet max range.

It's my first paint job, and the pictures didn't turn out that well. It's quite a bit lighter looking at the gun in hand. I'll try to post a better picture later.

I just started off with all OD then added those khaki/tan squares you see. Then, at random, tossed a little black in the mix. Tell me what you think.

DSCN4621.jpg

DSCN4628.jpg

DSCN4623.jpg

Edited by Sedole

Guest Jatodude1
This is not mine, it belongs to my friend, we painted it and it came out pretty sick IMO. Tokyo Marui M733 Colt Commando.

HPIM3795.jpg

HPIM3802.jpg

HPIM3801.jpg

HPIM3800.jpg

HPIM3799.jpg

I love that kind of camouflage. I like when some parts are left black though, screws, pins, rails, things of that sort. It looks better instead of being so blah. I know that's kind of stupid for practicality but it makes the gun look much better. I mean, the camouflage on your gun isn't going to do all that much. Except for snipers with a ghillie, it may help a tad. Also, I'll never paint the rails. It'll make them thicker than 20mm and it'll be a huge pain in the arse to get optics on.

Guest Jatodude1

I did a helmet, once... and it turned out okay, but not great. Oh, and it took me a day and a half. If you get the right colors, have a plan, and prepare yourself to do insane amounts of masking... yeah, it's doable. However, if you want it to really look like multicam, just have the water transfer done.

Here's my SAW:

Wow... That actually looks really, really nice.

That is an amazing M249P. I wish I had skills enough to do that. I'll get there. I did a pretty sweet two tone OD paintjob on my M4, I'll post pictures when I get my new scope. I also polished the barrel/chamber on my KJW G23, so look out for that too. Geeze, I painted my mask too. I'll post pictures of it with my M4 to save time.

I'm going to have to make a loadout thread.....

If you check in the painting guide there is a very detailed and well done guide on how to paint multicam by leo5.0 it can be found at the link below

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/Multicam...56k-t81733.html

Edited by socosniper

On this attempt I tried to spread the colors out a bit, and I created alot of my own color mixes.. This sponging technique is very ez to do prcess wise.. It is just way too ez to get carried away with too many colors and too many layers. I think this one came out better than the M4 above. But who knows.. It kinda looks like some countertops I have seen.lol..

*The barrel color scheme is slightly different than the stock, but that is only because I forgot to mist it with OD like I did the stock to darken it up a bit. I wanted it to be slightly different, but not this much.

width=514 height=768http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s218/SHWELL11/Airsoft/assniperpaint.jpg[/img]

airsoft068-2.jpg

airsoft063-2.jpg

I'll take them both outside in a bit and take pics. Doubt they blend in well in my yard, but other places they will work great. Good thing I don't play in my yard.

Update:

Outside Pics

This is My shotty without a base color, just sponged paint..

airsoft695.jpg

All 3 guns

airsoft689.jpg

airsoft691.jpg

airsoft692.jpg

airsoft693.jpg

Edited by SHWELL