to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
m4inurfac3

Whats Your Pre Battle "ritual" Or Habit?

does anyone have anything that they may do before a battle (other than load :a-cheesy: ) that is unique? anything that you do, like touching a wall with the team logo on it before a football game kind of thing? Anything your team does to get pumped and or have good luck? I always pop my clip in at the last minute and and eat pasta before a big game.

Edited by c0dew0rd drag0n
  • Upvote 1

A ritual, like putting super glue in the opposing team's magazines before a game? Nope, not me. :a-wink:

I personally disassemble my rifle completely, clean and lube every internal part, and then put it back together. I also check to make sure that my scope is zeroed. After that, I just wait. :a-laugh:

Guest USMC_Irishsniper423

Make sure my rifle is cleaned and set for shooting. Eat a small snack, grainola bar, candy bar, something like that. Say a little prayer and calm myself down. Then sit back quietly and observe my team. Im thinking who looks experienced, who looks noobish, and who looks like me. Some one who is calm, quiet, and reserved before the game. Taking everything into to consideration before the game. Then as soon as the whistle blows, Im off on my mission to provide silent death.

Edited by USMC_Irishsniper423

Make sure my rifle is cleaned and set for shooting. Eat a small snack, grainola bar, candy bar, something like that. Say a little prayer and calm myself down. Then sit back quietly and observe my team. Im thinking who looks experienced, who looks noobish, and who looks like me. Some one who is calm, quiet, and reserved before the game. Taking everything into to consideration before the game. Then as soon as the whistle blows, Im off on my mission to provide silent death.

thats hardcore... you sound like a professional sniper... like the-guy-in-the-corner-with-the-hood kinda guy. all I gotta say is:

HOOAH! :a-salute:

I plug in my Ipod before a game & I always

listen to this song called "Rooster" by Alice in Chains

I've been doing that quiet frequently now

I like to make a visual map of the place from where I have been on the field, decide the best sniping spot, different situations and how I should react, and also I like to just chill out and think a little.

usually I on the night before a game I lay on my bed next to my guns in the dark and listen to Rammstein

than when I wake up I have raman then right before the fight my team and me all shoot eachother to show our um toughness to the other team :a-laugh: we're effin crazy

that sounds right, thats what I do :a-grin: and yes, the person Longbow is on my airsoft team, idk y he posted here... lol Newbie. jk!! jk!! lol keep em comin guys and girls

The night before I listen to eye of the tiger by survivor and then I head bunt the wall :a-angry: get angry and the blood lust will rise.. Then before the battle I drink sobe no fear :a-cheesy:

Listen to Long Tall Sally and offer people beef jerkey. If they say no, then I utter a one liner from a very awesome movie.

What line is that.

Guest billoniboy

Its not really what I do before a game, its what I do during, but since this is a before game question. I drink a can of vault, tripple check my guns (double checked and cleaned them the night before) eat some leftovers out of the fridge, and an adrenaline pumping war verse out of the bible. During a game I pray before every shot, got the idea from "Saving Pvt. Ryan" (the sniper in that movie is basically a future me :a-grin: including the southern acsent)

Well I normally check my gun, load up, and listen to "What Ive done" by Linkin park. Then I go and look at the area we are going into and pick a good holding spot for if we loose ground. Usally then I go and wait for the game to start.

"Its not really what I do before a game, its what I do during, but since this is a before game question. I drink a can of vault, tripple check my guns (double checked and cleaned them the night before) eat some leftovers out of the fridge, and an adrenaline pumping war verse out of the bible. During a game I pray before every shot, got the idea from "Saving Pvt. Ryan" (the sniper in that movie is basically a future me including the southern acsent)"

What Bible verse is that? I myself am a Christian so obviously I'm curious. Never saw the movie but heard about how he recites a Bible verse before each shot.

Some of you guys..... wow

I am usually talking with my team members about various thing

Normally get mauled by the team leaders golden retriever, so get a few licks from him

im normally going over things in my head as I am the 2nd in command of SOT

talking to the other team leader about initial plans

We normally say a group prayer before the game and then have a safety briefing.

I guess the only thing I do habitual is check my radio, hydration pack, and my Medical Kit.

then I am goodtogo

since I cant edit my other post ill add on. I also listen to The Reason by Hoobastank . I also make sure my scope is aligned, everything is working, read some of my kills, sleep, or think about how to make my sniping the best it can be.

Edited by M50SNIPER

Guest billoniboy

I don't know, it depends on how im fealing that day, when im sniping, I usually just say some small prayer like "guide my shot, steady my aim" or something like that, the bible verses I read before the game are just some scripture about war, or something like that, one I like to read sometimes Is about the sword of the spirit, etc, the verses that go through the armor and helmet and sheild etc. Another one I like to read is the one about that guy with long hair and is super strong, been a while sence I read that one but I still like it, just think of any place in the bible were combat is happening, ive probobly read it.

I don't know, it depends on how im fealing that day, when im sniping, I usually just say some small prayer like "guide my shot, steady my aim" or something like that, the bible verses I read before the game are just some scripture about war, or something like that, one I like to read sometimes Is about the sword of the spirit, etc, the verses that go through the armor and helmet and sheild etc. Another one I like to read is the one about that guy with long hair and is super strong, been a while sence I read that one but I still like it, just think of any place in the bible were combat is happening, ive probobly read it.

I do believe you are referring to Samson, where if his hair was cut he lost his awesome strength. Anyway, I personally just double-check that my guns are loaded and safeties are off, and that my eye protection is secure. Not really what you could call a pre-battle ritual. Maybe I should start burning incensed candles. I've got a book on what kinds of incense do what when burned in a candle (I.e. give you more luck, boost your energy, make you happy, etc. The generally occult kinda stuff.) but I have no clue where it is. When I find it I'll have to try the candles, see if they work :a-thumbsup:

good deal! keep em comin! anyone got n e funny rituals or things you just have to do? like wear a certain shirt? and the religion stuff is cool, I noticed alot of religion being mentioned, very cool! some good pre-game ideas. keep em comin!

the bible stuff=cool! come on ppl, theres gotta be more pre game stuff!

the bible stuff=cool! come on ppl, theres gotta be more pre game stuff!

Sorry for getting off topic but are you a fellow Christian?

Back on topic. I haven't been to a game yet but when I go and play laser tag I usually pray and listen to either Kryptonite, some Chris Daughtry or listen to the Lord of the Rings soundtrack. Yes, I know it's classicl music but thats my type of music (can't stand rap).

I know its laser tag but it's my closest yet.

Guest dlhoffman3

I was born goodtogo.

Other than that, I just eat two Thomas cinnamon raison English muffins for breakfast, but I do that everyday.

all the christan stuff is awsome personally I am catholic, maybe we should start a topic about religoin, that would be kool, lol

That is not a good idea. It would only begin a flame war beyond repare about certain beliefs.

Hmmm...my ritual. Since I haven't been to a battle yet, idk. But I plan on lubing and cleaning my gun the previous night, get all my gear out and packed, get to bed early. Then eat a breakfast without dairy (if its hot out or u run a lot and u had even a little milk in your cerial....I hope u got some pepto in ur sack or got a crapper somewhere around), get to the area 2 hours early, scout the playing feild and enemy a bit, then pump up whoever I scout to get in a group with and have an amazing time!

btw, to answer the question, yes im christian. not to tick n e one of, cuz I don't want to start a religion fight. but keep em comin! anyone got n e funny ones? those are always good to hear. keep em comin!